Baxter or Philliskirk

Baxter or Philliskirk  

137 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion who is the better player

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please delete this poll. It isn't as ridiculous as comparing Whittaker to arguably Latics best player since 2003. However, Baxter was a one-off, a footballing genius at our level who put me on the edge of my seat every game I saw him. Forget the 'we were better without him' statistics, I have always watched my club to be entertained, the result does matter, but having the opportunity to see Jose in a blue shirt was one of the highlights for me since the premiership days (Forest being the highlight!) Danny P looks extremely decent and is getting better every game - outstanding on Tuesday! He is not Baxter and like every other forum player vs. player poll this is an insult to both players to compare them.

I'll just say Baxter then, everyone is saying he's great and I have incapable mental capacity to form my own opinion.

It's not that it's just that a comparison between the two at this moment in time is abit unfair on philiskirk philis been here under 3 months where Baxter had a whole season. At the end of this season though we would be in a better position to compare the two.

It's not that it's just that a comparison between the two at this moment in time is abit unfair on philiskirk philis been here under 3 months where Baxter had a whole season. At the end of this season though we would be in a better position to compare the two.

I've absolutely no interest in comparing the two. Jose doesn't play for us anymore. We should just let it go.

However, if Philiskirk continues to progress at his current rate we could have a real gem on our hands.

Everyone is saying Baxter entertained us and yes of course he did. But Danny is scoring goals, and lots of them, and that ladies and gentlemen, is entertaining.

Totally different types of player in my opinion. Baxter a craftsman who would take as much pleasure laying someone else up. Danny a sort of van Persie 9 and a half type striker.

Everyone is saying Baxter entertained us and yes of course he did. But Danny is scoring goals, and lots of them, and that ladies and gentlemen, is entertaining.

Totally different types of player in my opinion. Baxter a craftsman who would take as much pleasure laying someone else up. Danny a sort of van Persie 9 and a half type striker.

Didn't baxter score a lot of goals last season though? Genuine question I can't remember how many he got off the top of my head

15 goals in 45 games.

How many of those were penalties and free kicks? Philliskirks got 6 in 12, 5 from open play. Baxter no doubt was brilliant at the through ball, free kicks and entertainment, but sometimes he just tried too hard and his passes went astray. Phlliskirk holds the ball up very well, passes very well, and scores goals. It's not a joke poll as it's a serious question that I was interested in what others thought.

How many of those were penalties and free kicks? Philliskirks got 6 in 12, 5 from open play. Baxter no doubt was brilliant at the through ball, free kicks and entertainment, but sometimes he just tried too hard and his passes went astray. Phlliskirk holds the ball up very well, passes very well, and scores goals. It's not a joke poll as it's a serious question that I was interested in what others thought.

Do penalties and free kicks not count or something?

Baxter was quality in 5 minute bursts, Offered nothing without the ball and went missing for massive parts of every game. If you want to compare them over their most effective 5 minutes Baxter may just come out on top but that is debatable. Philliskirk is by far the better all round player in my opinion.

You all talk as if Baxter was the greatest player to have graced the turf at BP, the same Baxter that was on the bench for the divisions second bottom side. Good player made to look great because the squad around him was so poor, certainly not a world beater.

By that way of thought Robbie Simpson, Furman, Smith, Wabara and M'voto are all superior players to Baxter, do you agree? Was the squad that poor anyway? The level at which a lot have progressed to suggests they weren't, the management was and the players were ridiculously inconsistent for us. No-one said he's a world-beater, but he's done more in his career so far than Philli has, and at a younger age.

Edited by Mullet

i initially loved to watch baxter... but then i grew to realise how he was at times very lazy and very quite for most parts in a game and i found myself always having a dig and picking up little things he was doing wrong (which is harsh considering he is/was/will be a great player) but still i am not even bothering comparing him with philliskirk yet, baxter produce moments of magic and i was always certain he could produce a little something every game! philliskirks been good.. but we're forgetting he's played little over 10 games!

By that way of thought Robbie Simpson, Furman, Smith, Wabara and M'voto are all superior players to Baxter, do you agree? Was the squad that poor anyway? The level at which a lot have progressed to suggests they weren't, the management was and the players were ridiculously inconsistent for us. No-one said he's a world-beater, but he's done more in his career so far than Philli has, and at a younger age.

Simpson is backup for a league one side, Furman is playing for a side that will definitely come down, Wabara is a good player and I think he has a decent future ahead of him in the Championship at least and M'voto is part of the leakiest defence in the Championship. Last years squad was piss poor.

Simpson is backup for a league one side, Furman is playing for a side that will definitely come down, Wabara is a good player and I think he has a decent future ahead of him in the Championship at least and M'voto is part of the leakiest defence in the Championship. Last years squad was piss poor.

Donny are above relegation zone...So many made their way to a higher level + Barnard + Derbyshire? Piss poor. We all know last years :censored: up was down to gutless players who would only play in the cup, high in ability led by a donkey who couldn't motivate them. As individuals they were easily good enough to get mid-table as the progression of lots has proved.

Edited by Mullet

Donny are above relegation zone...So many made their way to a higher level + Barnard + Derbyshire? Piss poor. We all know last years :censored: up was down to gutless players who would only play in the cup, high in ability led by a donkey who couldn't motivate them. As individuals they were easily good enough to get mid-table as the progression of lots has proved.

Even when you look at it like that we were still piss poor, it's a team game not the individuals on the teamsheet.