Tarky offered new contract

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love Joe Mills coming here in exchange, in recent weeks, amongst other things obviously, i think that we've really been lacking some creativity in terms of the full backs on either side attacking and overlapping the wingers and offering something. We've all seen that Joe Mills can do that and do it well.

My first thoughts on reading the OS statement.......he's gone!!

Now I can see the logic if the lad doesn't want to or won't sign the extension in cashing in now providing we have a good player lined up. Recently lost Lanzoni so it's important the replacement is in place. Figure I'd like somewhere between 500K-700K with add on's.

Edited by Lags

Do we need to sell? The club should be run within its means so don't need to sell to pay the bills. 18 months left on the contract. He won't have a min fee clause. And corney is within his rights to tell LJ he's got a good and big enough squad to work with already.

So we should be in a position of power for a change. unless we get an offer we can't refuse let's hang on to him.

I'd guess that the contract being offered includes a release clause with a set amount, potentially it also includes a pay increase. If he signs it, the club are gaining a guaranteed amount if he moves on; if he doesn't sign, they can make the case that his value at tribunal should be based on the contract wage offered.

Good business sense.

The £500k or however much won't mean an awful lot if disrupting the defence (the part of team that's actually functioning well) results in relegation.

Maybe LJ last throw of the dice losing Lanzoni struggling to find an affordable replacement this deal keeps him till the end of the season.

Or till the loan transfer deadline late on March where a set fee for a end of season transfer like with Stephan's and Furman can be agreed and gives him time to find a replacement or waiting for Mills to get fit.

Edited by oafctom

Offering him a new contract while (if true) negotiating or preparing to negotiate a transfer fee strengthens our position rather than weakens it, in my view. I still feel the summer would be more profitable.

However, if they have a potential big, influential striker lined up to spend the cash on I'm all for it.

I'm more concerned about 'not' disrupting our powder puff strike force than disrupting our defence.

I'm getting deja vu here:

"Oldham are pleased to announce the signing of a new 5 year contract by Tom Eaves."

Like, what - less than 3 or 4 days later, he's signing for Bolton.

I think Tarky's off. Think we all do really. He's actually too good for us & this level now; and TBH - he looks like he'll only get better & better.

I just hope he doesnt sign for a side I can't stand...