Possible NEW Striker - Harry Kane

Kane would be a much-needed good signing who I'm sure would score goals but I would've hoped for a more permanent addition to the squad having lost 4 contracted players already - Lanzoni, Schmeltz, Rooney and M******. These have been replaced by 2 loanees and Lockwood.

It's going to be difficult to keep the balance between squad stability looking onwards towards next season and comfortably avoiding relegation this season but I feel as though, with some obvious summer departures and the emphasis on loanees recently, we might just be back where we started in terms of a huge player turnaround during the off-season.

Ideally, if they're good enough, we'll sign Harkins and Worrall permanently when their loan expires but I can't help but think that despite us definitely needing strong reinforcements to achieve the main goal of staying up, we're in the process sacrificing the aim to have continuity to build upon from this season to the next.

Edited by NewBlue

Kane would be a much-needed good signing who I'm sure would score goals but I would've hoped for a more permanent addition to the squad having lost 4 contracted players already - Lanzoni, Schmeltz, Rooney and M******. These have been replaced by 2 loanees and Lockwood.

It's going to be difficult to keep the balance

between squad stability looking onwards towards next season and comfortably avoiding relegation this season but I feel as though, with some obvious summer departures and the emphasis on loanees recently, we might just be back where we started in terms of a huge player turnaround during the off-season.

Ideally, if they're good enough, we'll sign Harkins and Worrall permanently when their loan expires but I can't help but think that despite us definitely needing strong reinforcements to achieve the main goal of staying up, we're in the process sacrificing the aim to have continuity to build upon from this season to the next.

6 contracted players gone if you include Byrne and Sutherland.

It's going to be difficult to keep the balance between squad stability looking onwards towards next season and comfortably avoiding relegation this season but I feel as though, with some obvious summer departures and the emphasis on loanees recently, we might just be back where we started in terms of a huge player turnaround during the off-season.

we have continuity, we are continuing to get rid of players on contracts and replacing them with loanees, , are are doing it more and more, it will end in tears

No chance...next rumour

Ian - who's the rumour from because I regard you as one of the more sensible and rational people on here...your original post is up there with spoutings from Royle Army or whatever their name was?!

Hi Midsblue

Thank your for your candor about me being rational.

Where my son works someone in the senior management is involved with Spurs, I don't know at what level and it has come from them.

I only put on here what I'm told could happen, as you know I don't just think of a name as some other posters do and away they go.

I'll be honest with you I'd no idea who Harry Kane was or who he played for until I was told, hey ho as they say.

You can't do right for doing wrong sometimes.

Ian G.

PS Whatever happens we do need someone and urgent in my eyes.

Edited by pcassist

Lol thanks Ian...fingers crossed as this lad is decent. Spurs wouldn't let him go to QPR so I would doubt he'd come here. Def. top Championship player at least

Stranger things have happened in football... next thing we'll know, a 3rd division manager getting a four and a half year contract

I'm with the majority in that this feels like fantasy.

So lets fantasize:

• We have a manager with a silver tongue
  • We are known to have good relations with top clubs
  • Spurs may feel he needs a boost of confidence that scoring a load of goals would give
  • Word has got round we give young loan players a chance
  • Word has got round we play proper football
  • Tim Sherwood seems a bit of a maverick, might try a League One loan for a laugh

Still have to file this in "not happening" though I'm afraid!

On the face of it not totally inplausible this one, he's not exactly torn it up in his loans elsewhere.

However he probably wouldn't be short of options closer to home, Defoe moving at end of Feb as well.

Not a shabby loan goals scored and England u 21 record

5 in 18 for Orient

7 in 21 for millwall

3 in 4 for under 21s

Probably no chance of him joining is, but would be happy if he did

• 1 year later...