FAO Barry Owen

Barry, you often talk about how LJ......and SC for that matter like to keep the fans informed and the 'meet the manager' was one concept that was started.

Obviously we have just had one but given some of the things that have gone on in the last week I'm sure there are a number on here who are, whilst still trying to support the changes being made wondering what the hell is going on?

I'm not talking about the quality of player that we have brought in....that is clearly the managers decision but I would like to know

Why was the Tarky fee undisclosed (as usual and sorry I'm not buying the 'we don't want other clubs / players knowing we've had a windfall - they all know we ain't got a pot to piss in)

What has happened to the copious amounts of wages saved on Rooney, Tarky, Schmeltz, Byrnes to name a few

What did we make on the Stephens deal

Explain the departure of Luke Simpson ( not just a 1 liner of fishal)

SC has always said his door is open so feel free to DM details on how and when to contact him if you feel that is the better course of action......just for your info I'm not sure his email is working as I have emailed him a few times with ideas and never received a reply!

To reiterate I am not pouring scorn on players signed etc but I do feel there are questions to be answered

Looking forward to hearing from you, you are our 'voice' after all!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I think it'd be a good time to hear from a board member and 'our voice' as fans rep.

Ideally, answers to all of the above would be nice to hear from someone official at the club, but in particular; I'd like to know about the Luke Simpson deal.

A one line headline on the official is poor info on what is, on the face of it, a very strange deal. What's gone on there? More info and reasoning would be appreciated.

I'd also like to know the reasoning for loaning back Tarky after we've sold him. I doubt we'll ever be told the true fee involved, or the real reason for accepting the (low) bid - but that part of the deal is, to me at least, really strange - and I'd like it's reasoning explaining if possible.

Sits back & awaits the silence though....

You may never find out.

You pay your money, but it's not your club.

Yep - understand that Rummy, but as 'paying' fans - shouldn't there be smidge more info than a mere headline to announce a deal?

We may never find out about fees etc - but surely we should expect a bit more info than what has appeared this afternoon?

In total agreement with all the above. No problem with LJ and will support all the new players brought in.

Let's be honest we've signed plenty of proven players who've failed so let's try something new. I can remember Mark Ward back in 1983.

However, the constant lack of information just adds to smoke and mirrors illusion and something the club needs to improve.

Like the majority of fans I wish Tarky all the best although in my experience loaning players straight back is not always successful. I also hope that once we're safe that he doesn't play and we give our OWN players a chance.

Posted · Hidden by Stevie_J, January 31, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, January 31, 2014 - No reason given

Oldham athletic pay 200,000 pounds each year to SC's buddies. SC is involved in this and is being investigated by the football league about not having his best interests at heart for the club but for his own wallet.
He effectively has no money he borrowed 80 grand for the foundations for the new stand but has non left and he can't pay that back. Administration is a reality at present. Any money saved is sent straight back them 3 ( wages tarky deal etc). Corrupt is not even close to what goes on behind closed doors.

The main stand upper to be shut in 2 years after several complaints to many safety officials and a demand notice from the FL.

I thought i would finally reveal this as i am sick and tired of what goes on behind closed doors and the fans not knowing.

Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, January 31, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Zorrro, January 31, 2014 - No reason given

Oldham athletic pay 200,000 pounds each year to SC's buddies. SC is involved in this and is being investigated by the football league about not having his best interests at heart for the club but for his own wallet.

He effectively has no money he borrowed 80 grand for the foundations for the new stand but has non left and he can't pay that back. Administration is a reality at present. Any money saved is sent straight back them 3 ( wages tarky deal etc). Corrupt is not even close to what goes on behind closed doors.

The main stand upper to be shut in 2 years after several complaints to many safety officials and a demand notice from the FL.

I thought i would finally reveal this as i am sick and tired of what goes on behind closed doors and the fans not knowing.

Dangerous if not true brother

it use to be so simple when all you did was rock up at 5 to 3 buy a pie and a bovril and stand at the back of the Chaddy not really giving a flying feck who or what was going on behind closed doors....

folk expecting to be briefed with the ins and outs of the club....stump up sizeable lump sum and I'm sure you'll be welcome into the board room...

laughable some folk on here... :coffee1:

Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, January 31, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Zorrro, January 31, 2014 - No reason given

You are going to need a lawyer PDQ, as even if that is remotely true if I was SC I'd be suing you to save face anyway. That being said how are you Fred the egg?

it use to be so simple when all you did was rock up at 5 to 3 buy a pie and a bovril and stand at the back of the Chaddy not really giving a flying feck who or what was going on behind closed doors....

folk expecting to be briefed with the ins and outs of the club....stump up sizeable lump sum and I'm sure you'll be welcome into the board room...

Don't worry I'm sure the club will take a full page advert in the MEN tomorrow explaining the affairs of the club, which will the be slated by the same fans moaning that the club should print the adverts in more respectable journals like The Sun

I tend to agree although it's only fair to add that in those days not many boards had a fans' representative

Maybe the club should tell us that's the way it is then rather than passing themselves off as being open and honest about things yeah?

Cake and eat it springs to mind!

I AM SO OUTRAGED AT THE SALE OF OUR 3RD CHOICE, YOUTH, GOALKEEPER. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR CLUB.

Buying players that are for the future = great

Important players on 2 year deals = fantastic

Selling our next in line number 1 and one of the best young talents I've watched (and I have a number of times) in years = questionable

If we are going along the route of building for the future as LJ and SC are always telling us 3 yr contract and all that then selling or loaning with a view contradicts that stance completely!?

All I'm asking for is more than 1 line in our OFFICIAL website - too much?

Given the rude manner of some posters I do not want to try and enter into a resonable debate on the points raised. There are very good reasons why the transfers in question have gone ahead.

What I will do is arrange for the manager to have one of our meetings sooner than we might have anticipated and we can tackle your areas of concern.

I will also try and arrange for Simon Corney to be present and perhaps those who have made some unfortunate remarks might want to consider attending and making your points in person to him.

We all enjoy healthy debate on matters affecting our club.!!!!!!!!

Barry

Given the rude manner of some posters I do not want to try and enter into a resonable debate on the points raised. There are very good reasons why the transfers in question have gone ahead.

What I will do is arrange for the manager to have one of our meetings sooner than we might have anticipated and we can tackle your areas of concern.

I will also try and arrange for Simon Corney to be present and perhaps those who have made some unfortunate remarks might want to consider attending and making your points in person to him.

We all enjoy healthy debate on matters affecting our club.!!!!!!!!

Barry

Hi Barry,

I understand that fans are not going to know everything that goes on at the club.

I also understand the reasons why some transfers remain undisclosed.

But a lot of fans myself included get a bit puzzled.

When the club cries poverty to the fan base, one minute and then are selling our best players for POUNDLAND (dont mean to be rude when I say that) prices the next, even though they are on fairly long term contracts. I can't understand why we can't be more like Crewe with our best players and sell them for a price that allows the opportunity for the club to have enough funds to better itself both on and off the pitch. Without LJ having to beg borrow and steal for players. Why is the clubs assets valued so low compared to other clubs at our level?

You can PM me with your reply.