FAO Barry Owen

Barry. Please, for the love of god, please don't rise to the absolute :censored:ing morons who have flooded to the message board of late. Its you that ends up looking the worst for it than them.

Us supporters crave news, tidbits and healthy communications from the club. It's something we've generally been starved of for years now. The LJ meetings are probably the first really positive step the club has made in far too long. More of the same.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the rude manner of some posters I do not want to try and enter into a resonable debate on the points raised. There are very good reasons why the transfers in question have gone ahead.

What I will do is arrange for the manager to have one of our meetings sooner than we might have anticipated and we can tackle your areas of concern.

I will also try and arrange for Simon Corney to be present and perhaps those who have made some unfortunate remarks might want to consider attending and making your points in person to him.

We all enjoy healthy debate on matters affecting our club.!!!!!!!!

Barry

Quite outrageous comment.

I am appalled that you feel the right to hide behind a playground comment such as that to avoid providing an answer Barry - that is beneath you.

Maybe you should look at providing meaningful information to the supporters who put you on the board and they wouldn't react with such cynicism.

I am appalled that you feel the right to hide behind a playground comment such as that to avoid providing an answer Barry - that is beneath you.

Maybe you should look at providing meaningful information to the supporters who put you on the board and they wouldn't react with such cynicism.

well when he has to put up with 'playground comment's as you put it, from some of our immature fans I don't :censored:ing blame him and wouldn't blame him if he didn't comment at all

well when he has to put up with 'playground comment's as you put it, from some of our immature fans I don't :censored:ing blame him and wouldn't blame him if he didn't comment at all

Really? Is his role not to be a representative for the fans with all that entails?

Also, why does rudeness give the right to ignore the quite polite and reasoned original post.

Barry

I have re-read my posts on this subject a number of times and quite frankly cannot see any reason why you would take any of my ( the original poster) comments as 'rude' or 'unfortunate'?

As I stated I am clearly in support of LJ and (as my name suggests!) in support of Simon but do feel there are questions that need answering and to be quite honest who do I point those questions to than the fans voice?

I'm disappointed that you have not chosen to ignore the posters on this topic but glad you have committed to organising another event quickly.

I also gave you the opportunity to DM me directly and that offer is still open

WTF?! Avoiding providing an answer?

Are you disputing some were rude?

Did you expect a line by line reply to the questions?

Barry is arranging a meeting, hopefully with the manager and chairman. The third such meeting. That's a luxury most fans don't get. I really do not expect SC & LJ justifying the decisions. They would be mad too.

Let results speak for themselves.

Barry

I have re-read my posts on this subject a number of times and quite frankly cannot see any reason why you would take any of my ( the original poster) comments as 'rude' or 'unfortunate'?

As I stated I am clearly in support of LJ and (as my name suggests!) in support of Simon but do feel there are questions that need answering and to be quite honest who do I point those questions to than the fans voice?

I'm disappointed that you have not chosen to ignore the posters on this topic but glad you have committed to organising another event quickly.

I also gave you the opportunity to DM me directly and that offer is still open

He didn't.

He was clearly referring to others.

Nothing wrong with your post, and very well put. And an excellent result of your post, I'd say.

WTF?! Avoiding providing an answer?Are you disputing some were rude?Did you expect a line by line reply to the questions?Barry is arranging a meeting, hopefully with the manager and chairman. The third such meeting. That's a luxury most fans don't get. I really do not expect SC & LJ justifying the decisions. They would be mad too.Let results speak for themselves.

There is no information but instead there is an exculpatory fob off. Some people were rude, but they do not justify a blanket refusal to answer any points.

There is no information but instead there is an exculpatory fob off. Some people were rude, but they do not justify a blanket refusal to answer any points.

I think the fact that Barry has committed to getting a meet the manager again very soon and given that Simon has been present before I would expect him to be there as well gives me and others that wish to be there the opportunity to ask questions directly and 'hopefully' not get fobbed off in the process rather than have them relayed 2nd hand by Barry

Given the rude manner of some posters I do not want to try and enter into a resonable debate on the points raised. There are very good reasons why the transfers in question have gone ahead.

What I will do is arrange for the manager to have one of our meetings sooner than we might have anticipated and we can tackle your areas of concern.

I will also try and arrange for Simon Corney to be present and perhaps those who have made some unfortunate remarks might want to consider attending and making your points in person to him.

We all enjoy healthy debate on matters affecting our club.!!!!!!!!

Barry

Once again, Barry, you've demonstrated that you're far more interested in representing Corney than the fans.

Barry, could you please explain to me why a Hartlepool defender has been signed by Peterborough for half a million quid?

It's really simple. Peterborough were happy to pay that money Hartlepool for that player. Clearly they were not prepared to pay it for Tarky.

It's really simple. Peterborough were happy to pay that money Hartlepool for that player. Clearly they were not prepared to pay it for Tarky.

So we have Socrates on the board now!

'Clearly' we didn't want to keep him then. What type of club do we really hope to be then?

Or as it will no doubt be quoted 'once a player wants to leave!' Bull:censored: baffles brains.

how the fig do you work that one out....I must need to go to specsavers....

Because he's popped up to brag about a one-month loan signing, ignored questions from fans on other matters and then said he's not interested in debating today's transactions with the fans.

Staggered by the reaction to Barry's reply. He's arranging another meet the manager and intending to have the chairman there too.

Are people seriously expecting him to come on here and answer every question in full detail? I'd guess most need a much fuller explanation that you could write on here.

The opportunity will be there to go and ask in person. And from what I understand of previous sessions, they are very candid on all matters so really don't see the problem in this.

Expert it doesn't answer all the childish butiwannaknownow screams.

I can't help but feel that Barry is responding here to the vocal minority. In my view, as much as I like to hear from the club, the activity over the past couple of days doesn't warrant bringing forward any meetings with LJ or Corney.

Before anyone wants to make this a slanging match what I'm going to say next isn't a personal attack on anyone. Evidently we have lots of fans on this forum who are obsessive, emotional and immature. Ok, I agree that some of those traits run side by side with being a passionate football fan and we all display them at times but seriously can't we get a grip?

I made a similar post during summer because at extreme states of anxiety (now) or boredom (summer) fans make requests, or demands, wanting to know every little detail of the goings on at the club. It's not our right - simple as that. I don't expect it will ever stop as it's part of a greater desire for our club to improve but let's not get everything out of context.

There is no crisis. We've sold a player who has demonstrated he has the potential and desire to play at a higher level. The club has financially benefitted from this and also ensured the talent remains with us until the end of the season. We've loaned out a young keeper who we all knew had been scouted by higher level teams. We've brought in the experienced striker lots of people have asked for and we've taken a chance on a couple of none league hopefuls who may or may not turn out to be inspired finds. No one on this planet knows how the recent window will turn out for the club, a ball hasn't even been kicked.

I feel we have a club that DOES engage very well with it's fans and that's enough for me. We also have some fans who let their passion blind them to that.

Edited by Armchair