Uncle Ronnie likes a bet?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should broaden the rule further.

Any professional footballer or football club employee should not be allowed to bet on any football.

Totally agree with this.

Games at all levels in this and many countries in Europe have been affected by match and spot fixing scandals. It is plainly a massive threat to the integrity of the game and players should be nowhere near it.

Players and management gambling on other teams is dangerous as it is clearly often done on privileged information that is not in the public domain. If people in the game are so readily passing information about their club and teams - what else will they do?

Their integrity is questionable - and that just might kill football at this level. Sounds dramatic, but we all attend games in the hope we are watching a sporting contest. If we are not, why bother?

Edited by whitey1980

The rule does seem very broad. For instance if I read it correctly nobody who has played or managed in a FA Cup tie , even a qualifying round , can have a bet on the final.

It's even broader than that. No employee of any club to have played in the FA cup can have a bet on any FA cup game. The same applies for the League cup, the JPT and the respective league divisions.

I'll echo what others have said, someone losing their job isn't something to celebrate. Not exactly gutted for him, but it's a shame that the "rivalry" against him as such has now gone.

A scuppered reputation and now it's unlikely that he'll manage again - would anyone touch him with a barge pole?