Trust Relaunch

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trust is what it says on the "can". It is not a "supporters Association".

I honestly have no idea what that really means... Or why it's an important distinction to make..

If you are not associating yourself with the supporters then what is the point...

10, Associate with the supporters....

Edited by oafc0000

You misunderstand my meaning. I merely refer to "ignorance" insofar at it not being as easy to conduct Trust matters when you are actually involved as opposed to making comment on what should or should not be. As fans representative you walk a very tight rope within the club at times and who would expect you to burn your bridges.????????. Your mannerism and apporach matters a great deal and you would not last two miuntes with the "union" approach as someone suggested.

Nothing to do with keep fans in the dark Tracey just a realistic observation.!!!!. To make an observation from answering this forum alone is unfair. You know me better than that. !!. I have offered on mjore than one occasion to meet fans. I write and meet fans when requested etc. Anyway I am sure we can conduct this conversation when I next see you hopefully.

Barry

OAFC0000. The Supporters Assocation is a separate body that originally had many members and raised funds. Because of its demise many dans now look upon us as the fundraising body.

That orginally was not our function although I am bound to say it does help to arrange various events to keep us solvent.

Barry

A good debate. Some ideas born out of ignorance because it is not as easy as you might think. At this stage I would suggest people are careful of what they wish for. Don't knock the efforts of the Trust over the past 10 years too much. A lot of experience has been gained as to how a football club works on a daily basis and that knowledge has not been achieved overnight. The Trust is what it says on the "can". It is not a "supporters Association". Of course we have made mistakes and we work with the numbers we have available and those who can make the time to contribute. Many changes are in the pipeline with regard to the consititution and membership. I have said on numerous occasions we need help and volunteers so jump on board. We are in the process of working on the website to make it more updated and user friendly but again this will take a lot of someone's time to complete.

I will be doing an interview about the Trust generally over the past 10 years which will go on the Official Website. It will include many areas of my exeperiences over this period of time. I will also identify with the likelihood of clubs surviving properly under Trust management in the Football League and the fans perception of our club, its ability to survive and the personal input of our Chairman, Simon Corney. As I say be careful what you might wish for.

I hope as many of you can attend on the 14 April for the fans meeting between 6.30pm and 7.15pm. For those staying for the AGM please ensure you have your membership card with you. (Tracey I might be able to forge you one if you start to treat me nicely lololol).

Barry

'A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small parcel'

A good debate. Some ideas born out of ignorance because it is not as easy as you might think. At this stage I would suggest people are careful of what they wish for. Don't knock the efforts of the Trust over the past 10 years too much. A lot of experience has been gained as to how a football club works on a daily basis and that knowledge has not been achieved overnight. The Trust is what it says on the "can". It is not a "supporters Association". Of course we have made mistakes and we work with the numbers we have available and those who can make the time to contribute. Many changes are in the pipeline with regard to the consititution and membership. I have said on numerous occasions we need help and volunteers so jump on board. We are in the process of working on the website to make it more updated and user friendly but again this will take a lot of someone's time to complete.

I will be doing an interview about the Trust generally over the past 10 years which will go on the Official Website. It will include many areas of my exeperiences over this period of time. I will also identify with the likelihood of clubs surviving properly under Trust management in the Football League and the fans perception of our club, its ability to survive and the personal input of our Chairman, Simon Corney. As I say be careful what you might wish for.

I hope as many of you can attend on the 14 April for the fans meeting between 6.30pm and 7.15pm. For those staying for the AGM please ensure you have your membership card with you. (Tracey I might be able to forge you one if you start to treat me nicely lololol).

Barry

Barry, that is probably the most objectionable statement that I think I have read in my life in any context ever! It is full of base prejudice, offensive insinuation and more so, assumption that any 'body' that would take over the running of a commercial business cannot even deign itself to answer to those that it is supposed to represent! I do not know who this Tracey might be but I would hazard a few pounds that you have probably managed to spell her name incorrectly.

OAFC0000. The Supporters Assocation is a separate body that originally had many members and raised funds. Because of its demise many dans now look upon us as the fundraising body.

That orginally was not our function although I am bound to say it does help to arrange various events to keep us solvent.

Barry

I am more confused than ever...

11, the Trust should very much be concerned with raising funds for its own activities and to support the club where it can AND it's in the interest of the members.

12, the Trust should see itself as a supporters body

Edited by oafc0000

We all know that Barry is in a difficult position and is in very deep on the board these days.

We all know that the trust needs a reform and change, no better time to start that process than now.

We all want the best for Oldham Athletic.

So, let's just all bloody get on with it. We're all Latics fans at base level, at the end of the day.

13, if the trust money is to be used to buy equipment, players or contribute to development projects.... Where possible the the trust should retain ownership or part ownership of said things...

If the trust contributes to buying a player for £20,000 and the player is sold for £1,000,000 I see no reason why the trust should not receive a percentage back.

A co-operative approach instead of a gift horse approach. The fans organisation needs to think about strengthening it's own position at all times to protect against the whims of these owners. We should always be in a position of strength for the day we need to take over things.

Edited by oafc0000

As I say please enlarge instead on making emotional comment.

However I am not obliged to give answers to people who are offensive and sometimes sometimes abusive.

Something within these two sentences doesn't compute.

I'm not being rude but people have been in the main constructive about the trust and making changes and the thread is disintegrating since you seem to be engaging in tit for tat.