Trust Relaunch

Barry while you are here could you let us know a few things....

How many active members does the trust have? Not historically... But current and paid up...

How many members turned up to the last meeting?

Cheers

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am perfectly "capable" Chaddy and don't need to re-read. As I say please enlarge instead on making emotional comment.

Barry

I can go into any Tap room in any Pub in the Oldham area and have such a 'weird and wonderful discussion' as this.

If you start off your posts mentioning 'ignorance' 'be careful what you wish for' and ' learning how difficult it is to run a Football Club' then you are quite obviously not the right man for the job! But then again you obviously do not see what your job is supposed to entail. So step aside! It's easily done, just resign! You quite obviously do not have the support of the fans whom you are supposed to represent.

And ones, amongst others, that have been asked many times on here, and gone unanswered, as Barry seems to ignore them. But that's because we're ignorant. Hang on a second....

This, this and this again for evermore. I've been trying to find right way and time to post this but have never managed too and I'm now quite glad as I don't think I could have ever said it as succinctly and eloquently.

Are you implying the wall of silence has gone back up when a trust related question was mentioned?

Again, not being negative but it's a tad coincidental no?

There has never been a better time for people to get involved in making a change, however it happens!

The catch is though to make a change / get involved you would have to pay into something you probably feel isn't working. Once in, your opportunity to impose change could be limited by the fact unless you are a director you won't have a say on The chairs position and even if you was a director you would have to wait for his position to be up for election.

It's called a triple lock :P

It's why you need my reforms... So vote oafc0000* :P LMAO

*that was a joke

Edited by oafc0000

[quote name="Barryowen" post="700544" timestamp="

As fans representative you walk a very tight rope within the club at times and who would expect you to burn your bridges.????????. Your mannerism and apporach matters a great deal and you would not last two miuntes with the "union" approach as someone suggested.

Barry

Why? Do you walk a tight rope because you fear that you'll be 'kept out of the loop' if you dare cross the estate agent & accountant that run the club? Or do you walk a tight rope because you're so in their back pockets now that you don't want the fans (who you're supposed to represent) to realise that you don't actually represent them at all??

13, if the trust money is to be used to buy equipment, players or contribute to development projects.... Where possible the the trust should retain ownership or part ownership of said things...

If the trust contributes to buying a player for £20,000 and the player is sold for £1,000,000 I see no reason why the trust should not receive a percentage back.

A co-operative approach instead of a gift horse approach. The fans organisation needs to think about strengthening it's own position at all times to protect against the whims of these owners. We should always be in a position of strength for the day we need to take over things.

I know from working with playershare and the cedric evina situation that any profit fom any player can not be paid to another outside body. It would breach regulations such as shared ownership or third party registration. Just look at west ham and carlos tevez.

I know from working with playershare and the cedric evina situation that any profit fom any player can not be paid to another outside body. It would breach regulations such as shared ownership or third party registration. Just look at west ham and carlos tevez.

Ah fair enough... Cheers for that

Edited by oafc0000

The catch is though to make a change / get involved you would have to pay into something you probably feel isn't working. Once in, your opportunity to impose change could be limited by the fact unless you are a director you won't have a say on The chairs position and even if you was a director you would have to wait for his position to be up for election.

It's called a triple lock :P

It's why you need my reforms... So vote oafc0000* :P LMAO

*that was a joke

But not beyond the realms of possibility

But not beyond the realms of possibility

Yup it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.. In the end that is what would have to happen if change didn't come from the top and the bottom wanted it enough.... That or a rival organisation... Edited by oafc0000

Reading Barry's comments in this thread shows though that if you want to see the sort of Union / group consultation approach I champion then It's not going to come from him. So it's going to be one hell of a fight to change things from within.

It's very much I'm your leader and I will lead the way myself. I know best and all that...

Sometimes that is what you need... I don't think its right in this situation though...

Edited by oafc0000

The "don't like it, join and make a difference" has come out again from Barry.

I simply ask, would anyone in their day to day lives pay into something without knowing the full details of what they're paying into?

How can you join up to the Trust, when vital information isnt readily available on what it actually does, how big is the membership base, what is its current role, what are its plans for the future and so on and so on...

Its a closed shop. Any thread or discussion on the subject and Barry goes to Stage One defensive mode - not answering valid questions, issues and concerns; and uses the (very) odd minority post to claim rudeness or abuse and flouncess off again. The role at the very top is untenable - Trust Chairman, Board Director and Fans Rep? How can those 3 roles ever been done by 1 person across all 3 areas without huge conflicts of interest arising from the get-go?

It's patently clear no change at all is forthcoming from the top down. Barry's posts on this thread, of all threads to do it on, a thread created for positive debate and discussion on ways to improve the Trust for the better are so; so telling.

'Master' looking down from his tower and speaking to the mere minions below him in such belittling tones. It's all here for all to see.

"careful what you wish for" line is telling.

If we all wish hard enough, will reform and change happen? Will it chuff.

Why? Because the person in the conflicted roles simply doesnt wish it to...

Reading Barry's comments in this thread shows though that if you want to see the sort of Union / group consultation approach I champion then It's not going to come from him. So it's going to be one hell of a fight to change things from within.

It's very much I'm your leader and I will lead the way myself. I know best and all that...

Sometimes that is what you need... I don't think its right in this situation though...

Probably why the sink is sinking as fast as it is with this man at the reigns, who in there right mind is going to deal with such a jumped up jobsworth, lets look at his credentials what does he bring to the table if he rates himself so highly, he come on here patronising fans when he chooses and once a genuine trust related question is put to him he logs off, all he is trying to do is protect his position and tries to justify the work he does as leaving him as the only man capable of taking the club on, im sorry as things stand it seems to me he has forgotten the very reason he is there, the sooner a rival supporters association is set up to be the voice of the fans the better, maybe then the fans can have true representation.

I'm not sure that a bloodless coup with Barry gets us anywhere at the moment, whether or not he is representing us effectively.

It isn't the copper on the board that is the issue, he doesn't bring much needed finance to the table, police pension aside. This is the problem, the lack of people on the board willing to throw their own money at the club and this has new spread from the boardroom down.

It is going to be a shocking attendance today, for such an important match too and that is the root our current predicament. Many of us fans have given up on the club, it is little wonder that the money men on the board did too.

We could change our fans representative on the board that our 3% bought but it wouldn't bring about better results on the pitch.

It would be nice if we were listened too though.

We need somebody who will stand to be elected. I'll happily join the trust and pay my money if we can get somebody nominated to be able to answer questions.

It sure as hell isn't going to work if the current hierarchy are so aggressive when questioned.

The problem being people won't have the bollocks. Barry had the bollocks but seems to have forgotten why he is in the position.

I know a really good candidate or two but whether oafcmetty or latics & England would stand is down to them??

I know they wouldn't go all North Korea on us when we ask something.

Nothing to do with keep fans in the dark Tracey just a realistic observation.!!!!. To make an observation from answering this forum alone is unfair. You know me better than that. !!. I have offered on mjore than one occasion to meet fans. I write and meet fans when requested etc. Anyway I am sure we can conduct this conversation when I next see you hopefully.

Barry

I don't think I mentioned anything about keeping fans in the dark Barry, putting my fans head on.....there is obviously a divide between the role of the trust, what it does and it's link with the fans. Having the meeting is the first step in trying mend the rift that's is place, answering the fans questions on the pinned thread above from February may have helped, but It has instead raised the lack of communication more that should now be addressed.

No one has all the answers, and not all may have the time that you have given in your role, I know I couldn't and bet it can be a 24/7 at times, But maybe an understanding of the role of the trust committee, a clear line of communication on how to contact the trust be it one method or many.

I myself do not understand the trust role fully, hence me attending the meeting on the 14th, maybe of the fans who attend can get a better understanding then the help with running the trust maybe more forthcoming

pk. I do not use rudeness as a means to not answering people's concerns. However I am not obliged to give answers to people who are offensive and sometimes sometimes abusive.

Barry

Are you using an online translator? Odd syntax.