Trust Relaunch

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The 'Trust' has been re-formed or at least re-constituted on 24th January 2014 as a Limited Company (By guarantee) as per information at Companies House.

That Company is Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Limited, Company number 8860767

The Company Directors are Barry E Owen, Richard M Atwood, Simon J Colebrook and Diane E Mellor who is also Company Secretary.

The 'Trust' holds 3% of the 100 shares in OA(2014)AFC Ltd which are non voting B class shares. Simon Corney holds 97 A class shares and All the voting rights!

are you wanting change at the trust or change at the club?

there two separate things as you point out in your thread we have no say in the running of the club side of things.

player share an the trust are similar as you pay your money in with a multitude of fundraising efforts to a great cause, only for it to be wasted on that Latvian Eddie who has gone now along with 10k of our money raising efforts? is there outrage about it? none.

the trust don't get back to your never ending questions, there's uproar an change is needed at the top? it don't make sense to me

player share an the trust are similar as you pay your money in with a multitude of fundraising efforts to a great cause, only for it to be wasted on that Latvian Eddie who has gone now along with 10k of our money raising efforts? is there outrage about it? none

Lee Johnson did a fairly good job of communicating around the "mistake" he made regarding Joksts.

A lesson to learn?

Lee Johnson did a fairly good job of communicating around the "mistake" he made regarding Joksts.

A lesson to learn?

There's no guarantees any playershare signing will be success, however, I'd ask about the possibility of securing young centre back Cameron Burgess on loan next season from Fulham.

are you wanting change at the trust or change at the club?

there two separate things as you point out in your thread we have no say in the running of the club side of things.

player share an the trust are similar as you pay your money in with a multitude of fundraising efforts to a great cause, only for it to be wasted on that Latvian Eddie who has gone now along with 10k of our money raising efforts? is there outrage about it? none.

the trust don't get back to your never ending questions, there's uproar an change is needed at the top? it don't make sense to me

LJ has admitted that Eddie was a future project that the club/playershare could not sustain. He realises a first teamer or on the verge of ether first team is a better selling tool to promote player share and get the fans involved.

Have we forgotten about cedric evina and the money the club got from his sale to charlton to reinvest, the ball in the back of the net from shefki kuqi the season after and the support playershare gave last seasons with weso and crofty.

We are not managers and we trust the manger on the decision he makes. He's only human and to me, an apology was more than enough.

It's the chance I hope, we are all aware of when we donate, like its a chance when the club sign a player that somehow is injured and then out for most of the season. A crystal ball would be a wonderful thing eh

Don't think there needed to be an "outrage" when the manager admits a mistake, think his apology was enough.

Think yours is the first voice of dissent I've heard over it. Not unless anyone else would like to let me know and I will bring it up at the next meeting

Edited by underdog

LJ has admitted that Eddie was a future project that the club/playershare could not sustain. He realises a first teamer or on the verge of ether first team is a better selling tool to promote player share and get the fans involved.

Have we forgotten about cedric evina and the money the club got from his sale to charlton to reinvest, the ball in the back of the net from shefki kuqi and the support playershare gave last seasons with weso and crofty.

We are not managers and we trust the manger on the decision he makes.

Don't think there needed to be an "outrage" when the manger admits a mistake, think his apology was enough.

Think yours is the first voice of dissent I've heard over it. Not unless anyone else would like to let me know and I will bring it up at the next meeting

It would have been nice if player share received some of the Evina money, with the obvious view of it continuing to support the club with a future player.

It would have been nice if player share received some of the Evina money, with the obvious view of it continuing to support the club with a future player.

Good luck finding a legal accounting protocol that's compliant with player ownership regulations to achieve that.

Perhaps the money paid the other half of Kuqi's wages.

Good luck finding a legal accounting protocol that's compliant with player ownership regulations to achieve that.

Perhaps the money paid the other half of Kuqi's wages.

Nothing to do with ownership.

I was suggesting it as a gesture from the club, with them knowing they would only receive it back anyway.

Fruitless idea clearly.

Edited by blueatheart

Nothing to do with ownership.

I was suggesting it as a gesture from the club, with them knowing they would only receive it back anyway.

Fruitless idea clearly.

I get where you're coming from to be fair.

A bit of spin on how they PlayerShare got Evina who triggered a fee that helped secure a 15 goal striker alongside further PlayerShare funds would have been a very positive story.

I get where you're coming from to be fair.

A bit of spin on how they PlayerShare got Evina who triggered a fee that helped secure a 15 goal striker alongside further PlayerShare funds would have been a very positive story.

My sentiments exactly. More interest in the scheme, more people paying etc.

This is about the time I started to help out. playershare agreed that when we help with a player that any subsequent "sell" goes back to the club to reinvest in another player or two when ready. I'm not 100% but it might have been reinvested in the purchase of shefki.

We wanted playershare to be as transparent as possible. Your money goes into the pot, it stays there until the manager and manager only requests it. We donate want we can or forecast what we can afford and agree to the request. Any profit of a player being sold goes back to the club to reinvest in other players.

It might sound strange but the committee believes it is less messy this way, no legalities over who owns what profits from a sell of a player but we help in whatever capacity we can, then the club and the fans reap the benefit we hope of what's on the pitch. Clean lines, or I hope clear lines.

Yes it may seem like little reward this season, but hopefully, getting a player like shefki or the impact he had then you can say. "Wow, I help pay for that...."

Yes we are asking for a little faith, your goodwill and hard earned cash.

Any further question please ask and if I don't know the answers I will try and find them out for you and of course I agree about the missed opportunity on the spin re evina sale help buy shefki etc....hope fully we will manage it a bit better. Chris hill has produced a player share plus newsletter and I am hoping a thank you to player share contributors article will appear in the last few programmes too.

Edited by underdog

I try and steal clear of the political threads on here as they depress me and spoil my enjoyment of supporting Latics.

But I have to say, with each passing debate it's more and more clear that our supposed "fans representative" is a million miles away from representing the views of our clubs supporters. The issues that are raised are rarely addressed, and if they are, we simply get fobbed off with the club line. When I heard back in the day we were to get a fans representative I thought this was a fantastic idea and would prevent us from ever being in a situation where we had no say at at in the running of the club like we did under the stewardship of Lees Brewery. I can't express how disappointed I am the way it's turned out.

I am a Simon Corney fan (yes I'm a happy clapper), and I've always found him approachable and have got the straight answers I've looked for when I've had the chance to ask him anything. Maybe the approach we need to take on club affairs is to totally bypass the trust and our "representative" and look towards trying to put pressure on Mr. Corney to organise and attend more Q&A sessions like we had with the Failsworth stadium proposals. Of course it's his prerogative, but it could be worth a try.