North Stand Construction Thread

So Ignoring the middlesborough game ( no tickets have been sold for that game yet so it doesnt have to be ready) the club and everyone involved has until the 15th august to get it functional to take a matchday crowd.

59 days

Do-able?

My hunch would be that, the bits that are left are smaller stuff which can be done in a couple of weeks I expect it to accelerate as we get closer to the start of the season.

That said the other stuff in the stand (NHS facility) will not be ready for the start of the season but the matchday spectator stuff should be.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ignoring the middlesborough game ( no tickets have been sold for that game yet so it doesnt have to be ready) the club and everyone involved has until the 15th august to get it functional to take a matchday crowd.

59 days

Do-able?

No, lets be honest given the time frame its piss poor that we are even having these conversations.

No, lets be honest given the time frame its piss poor that we are even having these conversations.

No way.

We have a great looking stand, that was developed and improved at very little additonal cost, that as improved to suit our tenants needs and that of our business such as 100club, at a much cheaper cost than any of the bigger names companies could produce.

No way.

We have a great looking stand, that was developed and improved at very little additonal cost, that as improved to suit our tenants needs and that of our business such as 100club, at a much cheaper cost than any of the bigger names companies could produce.

Someone asked if it will be up and running and I said no, the costs irrelevant, we have been told for months funding is in place and it will be finished and open but it wont.

For a start there isnt enough bodies on site to get it completed, have you been and had a look lately ?

Someone asked if it will be up and running and I said no, the costs irrelevant, we have been told for months funding is in place and it will be finished and open but it wont.

For a start there isnt enough bodies on site to get it completed, have you been and had a look lately ?

I don't want to get dragged into an argument about semantics.

but I believe that there will be fans sat in the first home game of the season.

i do not understand why anyone would say the stand will not be ready for first fixture

I was there today 1 pm

I saw last few windows being fitted on carpark side , maybe completed today. then it needs the glass sections to stairwells and the sections for reception areas

its possible they may be done by the end of the week . I don't know but its a reasonable speculation .

some sections of guttering in place , looks like downspouts will be next .

I saw lots of materials being delivered . trucks coming and going .

I don't know how many people were working but there was plenty of noise and activity when you might speculate it was lunchtime . 1 pm .

as long as seats bars and exec boxes and facilities are in place car park and hospital/ gym / sports direct shop can wait .

some people don't recognise a lovely erection when they see one

i do not understand why anyone would say the stand will not be ready for first fixture

I was there today 1 pm

I saw last few windows being fitted on carpark side , maybe completed today. then it needs the glass sections to stairwells and the sections for reception areas

its possible they may be done by the end of the week . I don't know but its a reasonable speculation .

some sections of guttering in place , looks like downspouts will be next .

I saw lots of materials being delivered . trucks coming and going .

I don't know how many people were working but there was plenty of noise and activity when you might speculate it was lunchtime . 1 pm .

as long as seats bars and exec boxes and facilities are in place car park and hospital/ gym / sports direct shop can wait .

some people don't recognise a lovely erection when they see one

Good stuff. As in any project, there are lull times. I guess this is one, to allow the windows to go in without too much hindrance. PLus there is little else to do till it is water tight.

At the end of the day, it's not that big a deal if it's not done. I've got a ST for the new stand but an afternoon in the RRE isn't the end of the world. It's taken about 25 years to get to where it is now. A couple more weeks won't hurt

At the end of the day, it's not that big a deal if it's not done. I've got a ST for the new stand but an afternoon in the RRE isn't the end of the world. It's taken about 25 years to get to where it is now. A couple more weeks won't hurt

Not sure others will be as understanding.

Not sure others will be as understanding.

Maybe others should stop being such mard arses - the only suggestion the stand will not be ready has come from this board which even by owtb standards has become an absolute joke over the past year. And if someone has to sit in the RRE should it not be completed - blue plastic seat - longway view rather than panoramic - deal with it

Maybe others should stop being such mard arses - the only suggestion the stand will not be ready has come from this board which even by owtb standards has become an absolute joke over the past year. And if someone has to sit in the RRE should it not be completed - blue plastic seat - longway view rather than panoramic - deal with it

Absolutely spot on!

You seen how uneven the car park is? it will take a long time to even it out. Plus once it's even the chaddy end turnstiles will need replacing because they will be below ground level

The Chaddy end turnstiles are all brand new on the car park side anyway only rebuilt last season.

A few people need to get this tattooed on their forehead, maybe then it will sink in.

What this new stand represents for the club is more than a good / bad season or the signing of a good / bad player - It represents that our club has a future!

This board is very much as it has always been. Posts vary from the sublime to the ridiculous. One or two of the more insightful posters have moved on but generally the board is a fairly accurate barometer of the range of opinions held by our fan base. And so what if some posts are less than positive or 'knee-jerk' in their expression? Opinion. That's what it's all about surely?

There are still some top contributors and many interesting and highly informative threads.

As a forum for debate, it affords all a medium to express a viewpoint - long may it continue within the boundaries of decency and free speech.

The suggestion that the stand maybe not be ready is an opinion (rightly or wrongly) that is held by some.

"an absolute joke"? Let's agree to disagree on that point.

Archived