North Stand Construction Thread

I doubt it. Quite a few clubs have larger stands opposite what you would regard as the "Main Stand" it might change if/when we knock the main stand down though.

It depends on how you define 'main stand' it will have the new Directors box in it.

Edit - Although having had a quick look, I cannot see this mentioned. I found the plans last week and swore it said Directors Box.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have thought that a main stand would generally include the official entrance which surely will transfer to the new stand when finished.

It would have to anyway if and when the existing main stand is demolished/redeveloped.

It doesn't really matter which is the main stand. There will be plenty of facilities in the new stand, but offices and changing rooms will remain in the existing main stand for the time being. When you have limited space on a site it makes sense to spread out the facilities sensibly.

It doesn't really matter which is the main stand. There will be plenty of facilities in the new stand, but offices and changing rooms will remain in the existing main stand for the time being. When you have limited space on a site it makes sense to spread out the facilities sensibly.

True. I think it's been mentioned before, but presumably we're looking to maximise revenue from every square foot of the new stand so club related things like offices and changing rooms will be staying put.

Anyone know where the camera gantry will be? Be nice if it were to stay in the main stand so you could see the new stand

I hope so.

I can see it being in the directors' box assuming the bigwigs are based in the North Stand.

Going off the picture on the clubs Facebook page (the one from the Chaddy End)...I can't work out what is going to happen when you get to the bottom step?

There is a significant drop from the last step to the floor as the pitch slopes.

It depends on how you define 'main stand' it will have the new Directors box in it.

Edit - Although having had a quick look, I cannot see this mentioned. I found the plans last week and swore it said Directors Box.

I think the plans that were in the shop had a directors box shown in the new stand - maybe that's where you saw it?

It doesn't mean that they will move to there though.

The plans submitted to the council show 11 boxes and a directors box on the first floor.

Looking at them (http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=_OLDHA_DCAPR_47909) I'm intrigued to see how the bottom floor actually ends up in the end, and if theres sufficient capacity on the food outlets...

You'll all be gutted when you find out they're just draping a tarpauline sheet over the top of it

I heard we're only taking the sheeting off for big cup games and when posh relatives come round for tea.

I know Corney said that he hopes the terracing/ seating elements for fans to be completed for supporters to move into it around the start of the season, but did he ever give an approximate date for when the whole stand including interior elements would be done? Effectively, the jobs of all hired contractors/ painters/plumbers/ plasterers etc etc finished? I know he isnt none of these, but like all projects, they all have estimated finishing dates.

I know Corney said that he hopes the terracing/ seating elements for fans to be completed for supporters to move into it around the start of the season, but did he ever give an approximate date for when the whole stand including interior elements would be done? Effectively, the jobs of all hired contractors/ painters/plumbers/ plasterers etc etc finished? I know he isnt none of these, but like all projects, they all have estimated finishing dates.

When they can afford to pay for it.

Archived