North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

You could almost be led to believe that Blitz/Corney couldn't believe their luck when a 'fall guy' came to take the reigns and the inevitable shitstorm that went with it. A deal they made with absolutely no risk given the land is still theirs. Absolutely nothing to lose.

Quite. Why was it we were never close to being sold prior to this? Because any combination of Blitz/Gazal/Corney wanted too much [to cover their own mismanagement] for either the combined assets, or the club alone.

The only chance we had of being truly saved IMO, short of Russian Oligarch or Middle Eastern Oil Baron turning up [which was never going to happen to us] was to be taken on by a successful wealthy Latics fan [see Benham at Brentford], or a consortium of competent local businessmen [see Rochdale or Accrington], once I learned it was a two-bit Moroccan football agent based in Dubai, I was immediately worried/suspicious.... and I was fookin right to be.

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Quite. Why was it we were never close to being sold prior to this? Because any combination of Blitz/Gazal/Corney wanted too much [to cover their own mismanagement] for either the combined assets, or the club alone.

The only chance we had of being truly saved IMO, short of Russian Oligarch or Middle Eastern Oil Baron turning up [which was never going to happen to us] was to be taken on by a successful wealthy Latics fan [see Benham at Brentford], or a consortium of competent local businessmen [see Rochdale or Accrington], once I learned it was a two-bit Moroccan football agent based in Dubai, I was immediately worried/suspicious.... and I was fookin right to be.

How many football clubs get taken over during the good times as opposed to after the shit has hit the fan and there's a good deal to be had?

I don't know but I'd bet more are "saved" than taken over in successful, stable states... 

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

How many football clubs get taken over during the good times as opposed to after the shit has hit the fan and there's a good deal to be had?

I don't know but I'd bet more are "saved" than taken over in successful, stable states... 

What's your point caller?

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

It was a question rather than a point....

....I guess you're right.... it just so happens that we were saved by folk that led to us needing to be saved again, which is leading us towards needing to be well an truly saved.

....Hull on the other hand.......

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....which in Marco's defence (:sick01:) means there is little/no incentive for him to spend any money on improving them. Not that he can afford it anyway.

Blitz isn't lying when he says the land/club were separated in 1999 - by Brierley..... and he is correct to assert that the club/land being reunited would be the best solution for all..... but he omits to deal with the fact that he once owned them both and chose never to reunite them because that wouldn't serve his personal objectives/insurance policy from redeveloping part of the land.

He says on the All things Latics podcast that they looked at Hull, Luton and one other and then makes out like on arrival at Boundary Park there was some emotional connection. I call bollox to that. He looked at the site BP is on and thought, what a lovely site to build all over, starting with the Clayton Arms and former Staff/Players carpark. I don't doubt he spent £15m all told, but I also don't doubt he will have recovered at least that much when he finally departs, while playing at football ownership between 2004-2010 and before liquidity dried up at the banks following the credit crunch in 2007.

As an aside, I'm led to believe, part of the reason TTA's didn't buy Hull was because they couldn't secure a deal for the site Boothferry Park was on, which had [without any sense of irony] been decoupled from the club by a former owner, former Tennis player and Gym owner David Lloyd. Hull City should count themselves fortunate for they moved into a new purpose built council owned stadium, shared with Hull RFC, found more wealthy owners and had two stints in the Premier League. One of their owners on that journey was Adam Pearson [now owner of Hull RFC], who has also been involved, amongst others, in Leeds United. Mr. Adam Morallee, Abdallah's adviser and current Latics board director, was an adviser to Leeds when Mr. Pearson was there. Draw your own conclusions about how Corney might first have met Abdallah.

In the meantime, Blitz [& Gazal] have kept the land, will continue to build over it, while we've rotted away in L1 and now L2. This, is the price for being in Administration without tangible assets [the land] following Moore... and OMBC acquiescing to the TTA's without any of Hull council's foresight or ambition for Latics & Roughyeds.

For me, Abdallah, may/may not be influenced by opaque 3rd party objectives that relate to his brother's [his former] football agency or otherwise, but either way he's a walter mitty fantasist who lacks the requisite intelligence [see his Transfermarket comment at the recent Q&A] to ever make a success of owning us..... but the reason we have such an owner and not more competent ones, is because of Blitz/Gazal.

great post. 👍

18 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

****DIVISION ABOVE US FLASHING LIGHTS*****

As are; Burton, Rochdale, Wycombe, Fleetwood

The Cod Army only there on the whim of a dodgy gas salesman, probably sink as fast as they rose when he departs.

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....which in Marco's defence (:sick01:) means there is little/no incentive for him to spend any money on improving them. Not that he can afford it anyway.

Blitz isn't lying when he says the land/club were separated in 1999 - by Brierley..... and he is correct to assert that the club/land being reunited would be the best solution for all..... but he omits to deal with the fact that he once owned them both and chose never to reunite them because that wouldn't serve his personal objectives/insurance policy from redeveloping part of the land.

He says on the All things Latics podcast that they looked at Hull, Luton and one other and then makes out like on arrival at Boundary Park there was some emotional connection. I call bollox to that. He looked at the site BP is on and thought, what a lovely site to build all over, starting with the Clayton Arms and former Staff/Players carpark. I don't doubt he spent £15m all told, but I also don't doubt he will have recovered at least that much when he finally departs, while playing at football ownership between 2004-2010 and before liquidity dried up at the banks following the credit crunch in 2007.

As an aside, I'm led to believe, part of the reason TTA's didn't buy Hull was because they couldn't secure a deal for the site Boothferry Park was on, which had [without any sense of irony] been decoupled from the club by a former owner, former Tennis player and Gym owner David Lloyd. Hull City should count themselves fortunate for they moved into a new purpose built council owned stadium, shared with Hull RFC, found more wealthy owners and had two stints in the Premier League. One of their owners on that journey was Adam Pearson [now owner of Hull RFC], who has also been involved, amongst others, in Leeds United. Mr. Adam Morallee, Abdallah's adviser and current Latics board director, was an adviser to Leeds when Mr. Pearson was there. Draw your own conclusions about how Corney might first have met Abdallah.

In the meantime, Blitz [& Gazal] have kept the land, will continue to build over it, while we've rotted away in L1 and now L2. This, is the price for being in Administration without tangible assets [the land] following Moore... and OMBC acquiescing to the TTA's without any of Hull council's foresight or ambition for Latics & Roughyeds.

For me, Abdallah, may/may not be influenced by opaque 3rd party objectives that relate to his brother's [his former] football agency or otherwise, but either way he's a walter mitty fantasist who lacks the requisite intelligence [see his Transfermarket comment at the recent Q&A] to ever make a success of owning us..... but the reason we have such an owner and not more competent ones, is because of Blitz/Gazal.

Best post I’ve read in a long, long time. 

Absolutely spot on. 

43 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

To which, the two-bit Moroccan football agent based in Dubai, with no assets to go at, siphoned off revenue streams, frozen bank accounts to work with, court dates approaching and probably our existence soon to be non-existent came with a plan (foolish or not...hindsight tells it was foolish) to fund the club while bringing over players connected to his stable of contacts with the hope to polish them into sale-able assets. This was plan A. The only real plan he had. Even he, it seems, has now realised this plan was flawed and is rolling back on it. We wouldn't be getting the likes of Wheater and McCann rocking up if the transfer policy hadn't started to shift. Moneywise however, there isn't the vast millions we would all like to be there to spend on the side. The Oligarch/Oil Baron isn't and wasn't coming. And the same issues to finding a mug to buy us while Blitz/Gazal want their returns makes it harder for us than most to attract anyone.

Great post above btw. There are too many that fail to see the damage and years of attention OAFC needs to be revived thanks to the previous regime. AL hasn't made a great fist of it, but some of it is/should be understandable. Christ...The Three Assetstrippers appointed Brian Talbot and got it wrong for a few years to start with before we had "some" success.

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

To which, the two-bit Moroccan football agent based in Dubai, with no assets to go at, siphoned off revenue streams, frozen bank accounts to work with, court dates approaching and probably our existence soon to be non-existent came with a plan (foolish or not...hindsight tells it was foolish) to fund the club while bringing over players connected to his stable of contacts with the hope to polish them into sale-able assets. This was plan A. The only real plan he had. Even he, it seems, has now realised this plan was flawed and is rolling back on it. We wouldn't be getting the likes of Wheater and McCann rocking up if the transfer policy hadn't started to shift. Moneywise however, there isn't the vast millions we would all like to be there to spend on the side. The Oligarch/Oil Baron isn't and wasn't coming. And the same issues to finding a mug to buy us while Blitz/Gazal want their returns makes it harder for us than most to attract anyone.

Great post above btw. There are too many that fail to see the damage and years of attention OAFC needs to be revived thanks to the previous regime. AL hasn't made a great fist of it, but some of it is/should be understandable. Christ...The Three Assetstrippers appointed Brian Talbot and got it wrong for a few years to start with before we had "some" success.

Incredibly we have some falling over themselves to see Blitz as a bit of a hero with “the club at heart”.  He arguably dropped Corney in the shit and is now back for more. 

It’s so galling when Blitz tries to portray his love/affection/fondness/connection with the club. The same club that will leave no poorer due to him protecting his own interests. He walks on the pitch at Fulham basking in it, but won’t take a hit to see the club at least wipe its own arse. 

IMO owners should be willing and prepared to lose money if they buy a club. But so many want to come in, play chairman and flip it for a few quid or at least not lose money. Often leaving carnage behind. 

30 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I'll believe the transfer policy has shifted only when Mo Lemsagam has been removed. Wheater fell into our lap and was really just a reactionary signing after the two friendly defeats and McCann could go at any time.

16 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The thing is, we could all see Urko Vera was a pile a sh1te last season and they [ALMO] went and signed him again - and then blamed it on Banide. They signed Iacovitti on a 2 year deal after Scholes told us they were going to do exactly that [against his wishes].... Ashton United have sent back Sefil & Gonzalez, such was their unsuitability for the Conference North / Northern Premier. Our Premier striker is Desire Segbe Awankpo. Mo was telling managers from Sheridan, right up to Wild.... and who knows whether he's continued with Banide/Dino.... who to play and where..... while scores of former employee's tell stories about how ALMO and Detective Shitpeas behave. They don't seem to be learning quickly enough, or at all, to me Ross!?! We need them all gone; Blitz, Gazal, the Lemsagam's and Barry,

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The 3 amigos didn't get it this wrong, I was never one initially to be too critical of this regime and not being on the inside like most, can only take bits of information from here and there to form an opinion.

The thing is now, the facts speak for themselves, we are 8 points currently above the one relegation place to exit the football league and we have just lost (convincingly) our last three games. This is the worst team I have ever witnessed in an Oldham shirt and ive watched us for forty years plus.

We have brought in one young midfielder from Burnley who for some reason sat the last game out on the bench, and another centre half who (no disrespect) doesn't have what you might call a football league pedigree. Not exactly an inspiring message to push us up the table.

Nepo returned, but why oh why send probably our only really decent player away in the first place? doesn't make sense.

I don't fancy us against Macclesfield either with what we have.

Its desperate times I feel and far more of a crisis situation than what weve experienced previously.

I would like to know what their plan "b" is because there needs to be one, and quick.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The Cod Army only there on the whim of a dodgy gas salesman, probably sink as fast as they rose when he departs.

And we are only where we are because of an alleged dodgy agent? 😉

53 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Working my way through this thread and the PTB tweet summary from their meeting with our glorious leaders ......just got to the line where AL says we have the most valuable squad in L2.......😂😂😂😂😂😂

Have you got to the bit where he states the website he uses to evidence his claim?

Archived