North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know guys when someone talks obvious bollocks on here we could all ignore him and hope he stops posting and pretending to be a latics fan . he is probably just on here cos his family got tired of him . yawn

I do rather feel that someone is making an effort to be seen as an angry Latics fan in order that his wider anger might be felt.

Here's another offer from Paul Whitehead to himhttps://twitter.com/pauloaafc/status/509662204774600705

In the Twatter conversation with Paul, he appears to me, to have argued himself into a corner. In the face of very reasonable invitations from Paul to go in and be shown what's going on, he continually demands an answer to one specific point, whilst declining the opportunity to discuss the "big picture". It is akin to opponents of Obama demanding to see his birth certificate because they have their own unrelated agenda and are unwilling or unable to make a case against him on the important issues.

In the Twatter conversation with Paul, he appears to me, to have argued himself into a corner. In the face of very reasonable invitations from Paul to go in and be shown what's going on, he continually demands an answer to one specific point, whilst declining the opportunity to discuss the "big picture". It is akin to opponents of Obama demanding to see his birth certificate because they have their own unrelated agenda and are unwilling or unable to make a case against him on the important issues.

Exactly, it's obvious that he wants to kick the club more than actually getting answers to what are actually fair questions if asked right.

I'm on your side in this but that's a terrible analogy :lol:

So, when will the club cash in and offer tours of the building site? £5 a pop. :wink:

You know what? I know you're joking; but that's really not a bad shout at all.

Saturday morning, ahead of home games, so it doesnt affect or interfere with construction Mon - Fri.

Run via the Trust, say £10 a pop for a full guided tour of the site. All funds to PlayerShare or similar.

Plenty would be interested, me being one of them.

Even Wizzo could come too?

Saturday morning, ahead of home games, so it doesnt affect or interfere with construction Mon - Fri.

Run via the Trust, say £10 a pop for a full guided tour of the site. All funds to PlayerShare or similar.

Depends on how long the tour lasts but £10 is a bit steep.

I'd pay a fiver through.

i work on many building sites and dont think ive worked on one yet were the project has finished on time.

This includes non league Stamford fc's new ground which should be open now but isn't

I expect it to be like 60 minute make over towards the end with joiners, plumbers, painters etc all falling over each other

I can't believe I sat through all 5 minutes of that stand video but it does put complaints to rest. I did like they way they addressed the fact that the walkways look narrow, you can get two fairly normal sized people through at once. However some of our fans aren't normal sized so there will be a few tight squeezes.

I can't believe I sat through all 5 minutes of that stand video but it does put complaints to rest. I did like they way they addressed the fact that the walkways look narrow, you can get two fairly normal sized people through at once. However some of our fans aren't normal sized so there will be a few tight squeezes.

Apparently a layman's 'walkway' is a stadium-builder's 'vomitory' - an entrance piercing banks of seats to an amphitheatre. :huh:

Apparently a layman's 'walkway' is a stadium-builder's 'vomitory' - an entrance piercing banks of seats to an amphitheatre. :huh:

There is a line in there about being old enough to remember the Romans and when Latin was in common usage.

I am not going there though. 71 is not that old after all.

Interesting that Joe Royals son is involved - Given that Jimmy Frizzel used to maintain the ground in the off season it sort of continues a tradition

If big Gord can walk through it, then...

I would imagine that due to Health & Safety Regulations that idea wouldn't be a go'er

Archived