North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the bricks below have been there weeks, that's not even the first brick on the row, yet its the "first brick" layed in the new stand?

Can somebody help me out here?

Guessing that this is the first of the named bricks that fans bought?

Base layers will be covered by the concourse therefore these will be the first layers that will be viewable upon project completion.

Guessing that this is the first of the named bricks that fans bought?

Base layers will be covered by the concourse therefore these will be the first layers that will be viewable upon project completion.

It could be that the guy won the right to lay the first brick at the end of last season, but he's been too busy to get round to carrying out the task, and the contractor didn't want to wait until this week to start the bricklaying. :peepwall:

Is it just me who visions the new stand and all its glory opening to a CHAMPIONSHIP game at home in front of a bumper 13,000 crowd with all the corporate boxes filled, a supporters bar filled on a hot sunny august day, maybe in front of the sky cameras and possibly, just possibly, a win with a good few goals and a solid performance.... **wipes drool from mouth**

Is it just me who visions the new stand and all its glory opening to a CHAMPIONSHIP game at home in front of a bumper 13,000 crowd with all the corporate boxes filled, a supporters bar filled on a hot sunny august day, maybe in front of the sky cameras and possibly, just possibly, a win with a good few goals and a solid performance.... **wipes drool from mouth**

No way we'll get 13,000 if it's on the telly.

The way things are going, and the pace at which momentum is building, I dont think that your comments are to far off the mark. Lets hope so. Our TURN has been a long time coming, and as a club and a group of fans we deserve it.

The way things are going, and the pace at which momentum is building, I dont think that your comments are to far off the mark. Lets hope so. Our TURN has been a long time coming, and as a club and a group of fans we deserve it.

Sunny? Behave

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the diagonal side supports at each end of the stand from roof to terracing are not mounted level with each other and it's been bugging me ever since...The CRE support is much further back than the one at the RRE, I thought that perhaps it could have something to do with future development of the CRE corners.

Anybody know the reason for this? Perhaps Paul Whitehead could enlighten us.

Archived