North Stand Construction Thread

I strongly disagree with this.

In it's current state I agree, but it is slowly being built and the potential is massive.

You couldn't have said that of the Lookers could you?

Key word being slowly, in the meantime there is still nowhere to get any drink or refreshments pre or post match, unless you want to be buffeted by gale force winds other than in the main stand which in 2015 is a bit embaressing, all the talk of getting it right blah blah blah is wearing thin on me get it finished, its starting to depress me as much as what was there before it, other grounds throw stands up in no time, some are much bigger engineering projects, look whats happening at the Etihad other than the vast training facility they are a long way toward sticking a tier of 6000 new seats in there with all the infrastructure to go with it, what are we having built a stand with no access issues or any real obstacles to overcome yet it taking an absoloute age to see any progress never mind see it completed, its becoming a bit of a joke now to be honest.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Key word being slowly, in the meantime there is still nowhere to get any drink or refreshments pre or post match, unless you want to be buffeted by gale force winds other than in the main stand which in 2015 is a bit embaressing, all the talk of getting it right blah blah blah is wearing thin on me get it finished, its starting to depress me as much as what was there before it, other grounds throw stands up in no time, some are much bigger engineering projects, look whats happening at the Etihad other than the vast training facility they are a long way toward sticking a tier of 6000 new seats in there with all the infrastructure to go with it, what are we having built a stand with no access issues or any real obstacles to overcome yet it taking an absoloute age to see any progress never mind see it completed, its becoming a bit of a joke now to be honest.

But Latics haven't got an arab prince bankrolling the project like City.

We'll get there...... eventually

But Latics haven't got an arab prince bankrolling the project like City.

We'll get there...... eventually

I keep being told money isnt the problem with our new stand ?? 12 months ago I was hopeful that we would soon have a new stand to be proud of but as per usual we turn into the laughing stock of the league.

but it is slowly being built and the potential is massive.

I think its potential is being a little overstated....

It might help plug a funding gap of a League One side (are we even sure about who will be getting what money)... What happens if we go up a division with the increased salary of players ? Is a couple of extra thousand watching plus this enough ?

Its all a bit of a mystery....

I keep being told money isnt the problem with our new stand ?? 12 months ago I was hopeful that we would soon have a new stand to be proud of but as per usual we turn into the laughing stock of the league.

Please tell me who keeps telling you money isn't a problem with the new stand.

I think its potential is being a little overstated....

It might help plug a funding gap of a League One side (are we even sure about who will be getting what money)... What happens if we go up a division with the increased salary of players ? Is a couple of extra thousand watching plus this enough ?

Its all a bit of a mystery....

i wouldn't worry about going up a division ?

I'm told by a staff member we'd need to sell someone or get a rich father in law Involved to fund any further developments.

It was 'on hold' until January in the hope of a 3rd round jackpot or selling players.

Who we can sell bar Forte is anyones guess.

I'm told by a staff member we'd need to sell someone or get a rich father in law Involved to fund any further developments.

It was 'on hold' until January in the hope of a 3rd round jackpot or selling players.

That Korey Smith money didnt generate much activity did it?

Like this one, reportedly worth £20 million?

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/551162/Ched-Evans-s-father-in-law-Karl-Massey-supports-him-since-rape-trial

• 2 weeks later...

Have they actually started work again, club website said 2nd January however that post has been removed, also Mr Whitehead has always been quick to my tweets even though they were not directed at him however no he wont reply to a direct question

Will the stand actually be finished for the end of July?

Corney said, after his recent quit threat, that he was determined to see the stand built under his tenure but he didn't put a time scale on it.

A statement from the club on this subject is overdue because everything seems to have gone extremely quiet.

Have they actually started work again, club website said 2nd January however that post has been removed, also Mr Whitehead has always been quick to my tweets even though they were not directed at him however no he wont reply to a direct question

Will the stand actually be finished for the end of July?

Which July?

Only way it gets built quicker is by selling players.

I'd rather keep the players.

Don't know....I don't think we're good enough to go up (we're not far off), so I THINK I'd rather sell and get it built so we can have a serious push in a year or two.

latics fans donate to playershare.

perhaps If sc doesn't want to help fund our stand he could set up a crowdfund or something similar so we as latics fans can do it.

not on the same scale but east fife built facilities in one of its stands using crowdfunding.

morale around the club would be boosted if we see something being done to the new stand.

Archived