North Stand Construction Thread

Just a thought ....

Maybe one of the reasons Paul whitehead is able to build the stand so cheaply is that he is building only when he has down time with other projects he is working on? Either way I'm sure he is a genuine Oldham fan and has the very best interests of the club at heart. Lets not start kicking out at someone who has in all probability exposed himself both financially and by reputation to a massive extent especially when we do know two things for certain :- 1.The currant running of the club has been less than stellar 2. None of us actually know the financial / contractual details.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes then he's going to knock down the rest of boundary park and build houses on it which will make him £50,000,0000,000,000,000,000.

Then wizo and the other great masterminds will turn round and say "told you so"

When is he building the Stand? Just let them answer the questions that are raised by wizzo and others. When?

When is he building the Stand? Just let them answer the questions that are raised by wizzo and others. When?

Probably for the start of next season if not abit later but it's going to get built let them get on with it. If he spends all his time writing blogs and answering everyone's questions then the chances are it will get delayed further. Sometimes we have to accept we know very little about what's going on and just let the people that do get on with it, and before you know it the same people saying it will never get done will be complaining about:

- the new stand is too small.

- the view isn't very good.

- Why do season ticket holders get priority.

- I can never get a half time pie.

- the rest of boundary park is crap.

Probably for the start of next season if not abit later but it's going to get built let them get on with it. If he spends all his time writing blogs and answering everyone's questions then the chances are it will get delayed further. Sometimes we have to accept we know very little about what's going on and just let the people that do get on with it, and before you know it the same people saying it will never get done will be complaining about:

- the new stand is too small.

- the view isn't very good.

- Why do season ticket holders get priority.

- I can never get a half time pie.

- the rest of boundary park is crap.

The last 2 points are already in use.

I'm sure there are people on this forum who would moan and criticise if we won the league, FA Cup and Champions League in the same season. It's as if they are looking for anything to have a go at, it seems the current target is Paul Whitehead......... god knows why, he's just doing his job!

I have no problem with Paul Whitehead doing the stand. He's put more time and effort into OAFC than most.

Of course, he can do a great deal on the stand, for the benefit of OAFC.

Sure, it could go up quicker, but would cost considerably more.

We are empoying someone who will be adaptable, as the plans have cahnged a lot.

I am sure he is not making the money he could if it was a pure commercial project.

But, I do feel he has attended the Barry Owen Academy of PR.

I don't think Paul Whitehead tracks back enough, leaves his full back too exposed too many times. And the number of times he has got to the line then shanked his cross with players over in the middle is unforgivable at this level.

But he is a freeby, saves the club paying much more for a better end result

Since when were builders in the business of providing PR for the people paying for their services?

Spot on.

The bloke has done more PR stuff than any other builder I'm aware of. As far as I'm concerned he's a good bloke working to improve our football club.

Those giving him a hard time on social media need to engage their brains.

16380652891_9852791ca3.jpg

Clad tidings from BP today.

It was a hive of industry with many men on site. The first floor has been concreted and the second floor is being done. Cladding panels awaiting installation.

Eight more pictures added to the set.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/sets/72157634724297134/

Quite clearly faked pictures

In fact the lorry was there to take materials away because the club failed to pay bills

You can't fool us with your happy clapping posts

Archived