Assuming this is for the rest of the season I'd definitely take a player of his ability but, aside from his baggage, the two big issues for me are that he would come in to displace JCH straight away which would likely upset the chemistry of the team, and that he would be coming in to regain fitness and would take a month to starting firing. So it's a no for me.

If it was for a season long loan next year however, I'd say yes.

Assuming this is for the rest of the season I'd definitely take a player of his ability but, aside from his baggage, the two big issues for me are that he would come in to displace JCH straight away which would likely upset the chemistry of the team, and that he would be coming in to regain fitness and would take a month to starting firing. So it's a no for me.

This for me, IIRC, his record in the Championship is decent enough that I can't see why Wednesday would let him go on loan for any reason other than to improve his fitness. If Wednesday didn't think he was good enough they wouldn't have (re-)signed him.

I could live without Clarke-Harris if it meant getting a player like Madine, no comparsion.

JCH jut can't score twice he's had two easy tap ins and fluffed them. Someone of madine's quality would have buried them he's a machine

The last striker we bought who had played for Bury the season before had a poor return in his first season at Latics. By the end of his time here he was the only player in recent times to break the 20 goal mark.

I've got everything crossed we survive the drop this season and I also hope to see JCH beast more than a few defences next season and break Porter's record.

The last striker we bought who had played for Bury the season before had a poor return in his first season at Latics. By the end of his time here he was the only player in recent times to break the 20 goal mark.

I've got everything crossed we survive the drop this season and I also hope to see JCH beast more than a few defences next season and break Porter's record.

For all his hard work JCH lacks composure, a vital component IMO.

Edited by BP1960

Can someone please remind me how old JCH is ? He's 19 years old ffs . Just because he has the physical attributes of a man doesn't make him one. Things like composure are mental attributes and this will develop in the KID. Would be interesting to see Madines record when he was 19 ? I might be wrong but I'd hazard a guess not prolific. For me JCH is progressing very well and is a massive asset to the team already, and contrary to early reports of attitude problems really seems like a nice decent lad who is really starting to knuckle down

For all his hard work JCH lacks composure, a vital component IMO.

Agree with that b.p but it could come ? Did anyone notice against Crawley that he didn't go to ground once ? Been so frustrating this year . He won a fair percentage in the air and his movement has come on ten fold . All at nineteen years old .

Agree with that b.p but it could come ? Did anyone notice against Crawley that he didn't go to ground once ? Been so frustrating this year . He won a fair percentage in the air and his movement has come on ten fold . All at nineteen years old .

simplythemostimportantkick

Can someone please remind me how old JCH is ? He's 19 years old ffs . Just because he has the physical attributes of a man doesn't make him one. Things like composure are mental attributes and this will develop in the KID. Would be interesting to see Madines record when he was 19 ? I might be wrong but I'd hazard a guess not prolific. For me JCH is progressing very well and is a massive asset to the team already, and contrary to early reports of attitude problems really seems like a nice decent lad who is really starting to knuckle down

Hope he does and not another Tounkara.

Edited by BP1960

6 goals in 38 games, 4 in 20 in this league, 1 goal each in the league cup and JPT. But of those 38 games, 9 were in the championship, but 4 were in league 2, and he didn't score in any of them. JCH has done better than that.

It was the season after that Madine became noticeably more prolific, and earned himself a big move to Wednesday from Carlisle. Let's hope something similar happens next season.

like to see jch and turner given a chance together, if jch can win the battles in the air like he has done recently a willing runner with pace would be ideal, really think those two could complement each others game, main problem would be LJs reluctance to play two out and out forward even at home.

like to see jch and turner given a chance together, if jch can win the battles in the air like he has done recently a willing runner with pace would be ideal, really think those two could complement each others game, main problem would be LJs reluctance to play two out and out forward even at home.

Our current way of playing isn't broke, so why change it. Especially as it is more suited to the fixtures we have coming up until Easter Monday.

didnt say fix it, dont mind the way we are playing jch did a very similar job over the xmas and new year period and imo was unlucky to lose his place after scoring good goals at coventry and sheff utd, jch/turner is a partnership id like to see but I understand now isnt the time.

Hope he does and not another Tounkara.

I see JCH as being LJ's long term development project, to see if he can turn a pretty rough diamond into a top player well above this level in a few years time. So many managers would see a big physical presence and get them to throw their weight around early in their career without developing the technique or know-how about how to play the role, meaning that they burn out and plod along the lower leagues as a journeyman.

Tounkara is a very good example of this. Dickov played him in a role that suited his style in the 1st season as the 1 up front with 3 attacking midfielders playing off him, but it's a heavy role for a youngster and playing it for a whole season ruined his form by the seasons end. I knew at the start of the season that Stevenage would be an awful move for him because Westley sees a big quick striker and turns them into a bruiser or a headless chicken rather than a nuanced striker. Unsurprisingly he's now in non-league.

To be honest if LJ fails with JCH the same could happen to him. Overall though LJ seems to have done OK with him so far. His decision making and composure still isn't there and will take time but as has been said above that can certainly be developed.

didnt say fix it, dont mind the way we are playing jch did a very similar job over the xmas and new year period and imo was unlucky to lose his place after scoring good goals at coventry and sheff utd, jch/turner is a partnership id like to see but I understand now isnt the time.

Oh right yeah I'd like to see them play together in the future, perhaps towards the end of the season. For example, I can see those two doing Sheff U a mischief.

Early next season I'd be interested to see what those two could do together when the pressure is less, but right now having 2 inexperienced, raw strikers leading the line would not help the team's shape at all.

EDIT: Sorry just saw your most recent post! Ignore mine! :)

Edited by the_mighty_bosh