RRE vs Chaddy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't believe the difference, never been in the RRE before but after today I realise there is no comparison in terms of atmosphere. Last week was decent but this week was far better. The noise that can be made in the RRE is far superior.

Really enjoyed today and would be happy if the club switched home end to RRE in the future

As a RRE season ticket holder that's the best atmosphere in the RRE since the liverpool game well done to all who moved to try it out I wish the club would decide one way or another and put all supporters in one end and give the other end to away fans

Has to be the best atmosphere for many years in the league. The RRE got everyone going, even where I sit in the main stand. Most of the chaddy end didn't bother joining in.

Sorry but there is no comparison and if we want to gain new support we need an atmosphere... Chaddy for away fans and RRE for Latics please!!!

I suspect a few might move from the Chaddy permanently next season.

I know it will upset a few but tough, it's time the club stopped allowing people to make the choice. If we had that atmosphere every week we would bring back some lapsed fans I reckon. We would also attract younger fans who want a better matchday experience.

Agreed a decision has to be made by the club, possibly the same time the new stand opens. Will it be ready next season.

It is the rre for me but a word of caution, when it rains and the wind whips in, you can get wet.....did you not see the high hurdling over the chairs last weekend? And bitterly cold too on a colds winters night.

But when the suns out, there's two good teams on the the pitch and the singing, clapping dancing is all around then the rre does beat the chaddy.

Loved that I could see both sides of the paddock getting involved too.

Well done everyone that participated in the experiment....you were awesome

Edited by underdog

Today was outstanding but I see that problem being if we moved the away fans to the chaddy end the atmosphere wouldn't be the same, I think that for 1 game we should try but the banter between fans get us going including the guy in the blue cap from Brentford today.

open to new ideas but think the atmosphere is better when fans are side by side................ can understand people moving after today but think that best idea is keeping it the same except when big clubs with large following come put home fans in small section.

Agreed a decision has to be made by the club, possibly the same time the new stand opens. Will it be ready next season.

It is the rre for me but a word of caution, when it rains and the wind whips in, you can get wet.....did you not see the high hurdling over the chairs last weekend?

But when the suns out, there's two good teams on the the pitch and the singing, clapping dancing is all around then the rre does eba the chaddy.

Been in the RRE 5 years (I think) and last Saturday was the first time i've got wet in there. Sit on row L.

The New Stand will be bad for it.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Looking towards the chaddy today it just looked depressing. An old, tired, dark stand with no one in it, not one ounce of atmosphere, they couldnt even be bothered joining in when the rest of the ground was clapping and singing. Sitting in it all this time I didnt feel that way. After today Im moving next season, hopefully more will do the same.

If we can keep that sort of atmosphere it will have a positive effect on the club and the team.

Just wish we could have nicked a goal to top off a good day

Keep it as it is. Give people the choice.

But the manager (who started the debate) and players should tell us their preference and encourage people to relocate to (presumably) the RRE through choice. Nobody should resent being given that choice. Perhaps throw in a £20 club shop voucher for the RRE to assist people with the choice.

A couple of other points:

1. If there is an away following expected of between 1,600 and 3,000 home fans should always be allowed in the small part of the RRE.

2. Where an away following of 3,000+ is expected and we're all relocated to the Chaddy then serve beer there on those days.

3. Close the Chaddy for those early season JPT / League Cup games that nobody cares about.

Edited by opinions4u

Chaddy End ST holder but decided to make the switch as I've only been in the RRE a handful of times, thoroughly enjoyed today and will be sitting in the RRE next season. I wish some would move on, I doubt we'll have 4 stands open to home fans next season.

Has to be the best atmosphere for many years in the league. The RRE got everyone going, even where I sit in the main stand. Most of the chaddy end didn't bother joining in.

Sorry but there is no comparison and if we want to gain new support we need an atmosphere... Chaddy for away fans and RRE for Latics please!!!

This.

Chaddy End ST holder but decided to make the switch as I've only been in the RRE a handful of times, thoroughly enjoyed today and will be sitting in the RRE next season. I wish some would move on, I doubt we'll have 4 stands open to home fans next season.

Next season will and probably should be the last season with both open.

I think the ultimate judgement of which stand will be shut will come down to who buys season tickets where. If the majority is in the RRE, the future of home fans in there will probably be the decision and the other way round.