RRE vs Chaddy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been touched on but I reckon, based on nothing, that a sizeable amount of the people who go to games just aren't that arsed about singing, outside of the obvious euphoria of scoring a goal, or the odd chorus of "Come on Oldham". Just let people sit where they want to sit.

I don't know if this has been touched on but I reckon, based on nothing, that a sizeable amount of the people who go to games just aren't that arsed about singing, outside of the obvious euphoria of scoring a goal, or the odd chorus of "Come on Oldham". Just let people sit where they want to sit.

not arsed/to lazy. completly agree. however given encouragement they tend to partake. after fridays game at colchester I can honestly say that outward roofs like the rocky end tend to expel sound better than the chaddy end roof and the only way to solve this problem would be to rebuild the chady end. I have wondered down the years as to why the chaddy end wasn't rebuilt properly when converted to seating.

Away games? I've usually had a beer or 12, and its the old tribal thing of not being in your ground; and as for singing? Dont mind if i do.

Home games? I've usually had a morning of house jobs, garden jobs and DIY. Its the same stand i'll sit in week after week, and its playing Walsall for the umpteenth time. Singing? Nah - maybe a few 'come on Oldhams' and thats about it.

Home & Away games are different beasts. A very big chunk of our fan base dont & wont sing much at all whatever stand they sit in. One of them is posting this...

Agree, if people are that bothered about it then get yourselves organised and in the same part of the ground as each other.

Then let me know so I can sit somewhere else :)

Away games? I've usually had a beer or 12, and its the old tribal thing of not being in your ground; and as for singing? Dont mind if i do.

Home games? I've usually had a morning of house jobs, garden jobs and DIY. Its the same stand i'll sit in week after week, and its playing Walsall for the umpteenth time. Singing? Nah - maybe a few 'come on Oldhams' and thats about it.

Home & Away games are different beasts. A very big chunk of our fan base dont & wont sing much at all whatever stand they sit in. One of them is posting this...

There's a tribal element to the home games too. A good away following makes noise, and us as home fans have to defend our home as it were and we do that by making our own noise back. If a home game is close, or even when it isn't on paper but those at the game can tell it could be (for example in the 47th minute against Posh) the noise levels tend to go up a fraction, and even more if we are the ones losing.

But like you say, a drab poor game, or one for whom the result has more or less been confirmed, against someone we seem to have played a hundred times or so, where they've brought under 200 fans, and the new stand hadn't started being built and the atmosphere isn't going to be a raucous cacophony of noise. Seemingly we've had quite a few of those games in our recent seasons. But that is what happens when you play in the same division in front of on average 4,000 people for 5 or 6 seasons.

not arsed/to lazy. completly agree. however given encouragement they tend to partake. after fridays game at colchester I can honestly say that outward roofs like the rocky end tend to expel sound better than the chaddy end roof and the only way to solve this problem would be to rebuild the chady end. I have wondered down the years as to why the chaddy end wasn't rebuilt properly when converted to seating.

We didn't have the money. They rebuilt the terracing, but kept everything else. Why it was cheaper to take off the roof and put it back again I don't know.

I love it in the RRE BECAUSE we're next to the away fans. Hate getting moved when the bigger teams come. Think we should keep it as it is with the smaller away followings but then move the away fans of the bigger supports to the Chaddy End and let us have the RRE. Even though I hate moving really hope we can create a great atmos in the Chaddy today - there's a feel-good factor back - let's get it rocking again - as LJ keeps stating it helps the team hearing us big gobs in action heh heh

until that roof is redone the chaddy end is awful to try and make an atmosphere in. yes you get the occasional game like second half v peterborough but more often than not when there is only 50 of you trying to get the stand going its just not working.

My decision to move to the RRE was fully made up yesterday after that.If there is only 50 of us in RRE making noise at least the sound will travel.

until that roof is redone the chaddy end is awful to try and make an atmosphere in. yes you get the occasional game like second half v peterborough but more often than not when there is only 50 of you trying to get the stand going its just not working.

My decision to move to the RRE was fully made up yesterday after that.If there is only 50 of us in RRE making noise at least the sound will travel.

Coventry made more noise from the RRE yesterday, in the first 15 minutes when they were chanting anyway.

Chaddy End roof won't get re-done, the whole Chaddy End will... Don't see the problem in having a stand similar to the RRE to replace the Chaddy End, seems the right way to do it really