RRE vs Chaddy

I think today proved 1 thing, if we all sit together whichever stand it is in, and get behind the team, we are one top notch, dogs bollocks supporters. Well done to everyone in the RRE and the main stand today, that was a great matchday experience. Now lets turn up at Bradford and give them some :censored:.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people is it realistically going to upset

Probably those who stayed in the Chaddy today. So a good few hundred, but that good few hundred are likely to be very loyal supporters who have stuck with Oldham for a good few years. Realistically Oldham cannot afford to lose loyal supporters like them, unless they know that they will get new fans, paying the same amount of money, in.

I'll probably do a more realistic comparison between the two stands in a bit.

As a MSP goer; the comparison between last week & this was there for all to see & more importantly; hear.

Today was great.

You know its a great atmosphere in the ground when great chunks of the MSP and MSU join in.

But, as Pukka says, i really cant comment on what should & shouldnt be done with the stand move; as it wont be affecting me.

Keep it as it is. Give people the choice.

But the manager (who started the debate) and players should tell us their preference and encourage people to relocate to (presumably) the RRE through choice. Nobody should resent being given that choice. Perhaps throw in a £20 club shop voucher for the RRE to assist people with the choice.

A couple of other points:

1. If there is an away following expected of between 1,600 and 3,000 home fans should always be allowed in the small part of the RRE.

2. Where an away following of 3,000+ is expected and we're all relocated to the Chaddy then serve beer there on those days.

3. Close the Chaddy for those early season JPT / League Cup games that nobody cares about.

Why aren't you the fan on the board?

I wish the club would make the decision . chaddy end for away fans . nobody ever has to move again . simples.

but I see tonight on official site the new season ticket offers are still there for the chaddy .its a shame , the chance is here now to do something for the future of our club. the new stand looks terrific already .get in it .

by the way the season ticket prices are fair and the new match day price £ 22 had to happen .great support today . brilliant

Fair shout to the Chaddy Enders who ventured to the rre today,I spotted a good few who made the move,but how good was the atmo today,it felt like a away game,and well drowned out the brentford fans today they was well frustrated,they must of thought we was top of the league with the way we was singing,but I did feel sorry for the sad souls who stayed in the :censored:ty end it didn't move once,but it is the famous chaddyend!!!!!!!!

Surely it is apt that the club announce that fans can sit in either the RRE or the Chaddy End for the rest of the season now with their season ticket?

Already heard that some don't want to go back to the Chaddy

I am sure the club wouldn't mind if anybody wanted to use their ticket for the RRE, it still is a "home end" and to be fair it costs more for a Chaddy season ticket, so in effect they will be downgrading.

Today was the first league game in years where I've thoroughly enjoyed myself from beginning to end.

Stood up the whole time - no over-zealous stewarding.

Sang myself hoarse. Even took my wedding ring off at one point because it was getting in the way of "Blue and white army" clapping!!

Belted out a couple of zigga-zaggers as well, which I never do at a home game.

People joined in - it was contagious - even the main stand upper and lower joined in. It really was a joy to see.

I realise that it's not going to be like that every single game, but if we can have something approaching that for the majority of the season, then I'll switch stands.

I'll even reconsider my decision not to renew my ST next season. The other thing was that the players really put a shift in today as well. Thoroughly deserved a point and arguably should have had all three. I'm one of the first to boo when they don't put a shift in, but today I stayed till after the final whistle and clapped them off. I rarely do that.......

All the credit should go to the drummer and the group who chant, on, and on, and... The rest of us just catch something that is infectious.

I see a fair few of our away matches and it is very rare to hear as much noise from the home fans as we made today - even at Liverpool.

I am sure the Brentford fans joined the clapping at one point in the second half, I certainly couldn't hear a chant from them. They just seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere.

Absolutely fantastic!

The lads stepped up to the plate as well. Well happy!

Bradford is going to be special.

firstly.I am a chaddy ender.

secondly the atmosphere first half was rubbish.

half because the singing section was to spread out. half because that long haired freek of a steward tried in vein to make everyone sit down.

second half was awseome.

from half time until it got abit nervy we as fans were awesome.

for me im not bothered about ends. as if we play well and keep the atmosphere up we will get more fans through the door.

KTF.

I wasn't at either experiment game, but it sounds like it was rocking for both. How it sounded from outside is another matter, it does show that fans from both ends will get up for it. Let's be honest, you feel like a tit singing on your own when nobody near you is joining in. It's a communal thing or nothing at all.

firstly.I am a chaddy ender.

secondly the atmosphere first half was rubbish.

half because the singing section was to spread out. half because that long haired freek of a steward tried in vein to make everyone sit down.

second half was awseome.

from half time until it got abit nervy we as fans were awesome.

for me im not bothered about ends. as if we play well and keep the atmosphere up we will get more fans through the door.

KTF.

He's a freak because has long hair? Wow.