Bradford: Directions, Beer & Food

NOTE: This information may be out of date in an ever-changing world.

Bradford City, Coral Windows Stadium, Valley Parade, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 7DY

Away fans are in the TL Dallas Stand at one end of the ground, where 1,840 fans can be accommodated. The upper tier has the better view if you are able to avoid the supporting pillars.

BCFC issues the following advice (which could also be issued by Latics in respect of the Chaddy End at BP):

Team Warm-up Sessions:

Supporters who enter the stadium should be aware that, prior to each fixture, the teams will stage warm-up sessions on the playing surface while spectators are entering the ground.

It is unavoidable that footballs may be kicked into the ground during this period and there is a low risk of spectators being hit by a football.

Spectators are asked to remain aware that this activity is happening and to watch the warm-ups in order to reduce the risk of injury.

Similar warm-up activities may also take place during the half-time interval.

Disabled Supporters’ Facilities:

http://i-narrative.com/411-2/

Map of stadium and surrounding area:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/bradford-city/valley-parade-bradford-ground-layout.jpg

How to get there:

By Car:

Leave the M62 at Junction 26 and take the M606 for Bradford. At the end of the motorway, keep to the right-hand lane and take the Ring Road East (sign-posted A6177 City Centre). From this point the stadium is well sign-posted through the use of a football image. At the next roundabout turn left continuing along the Ring Road East, passing a McDonald’s on your left and then an Asda superstore. At the next roundabout turn left onto the A650 (sign-posted City Centre/Keighley). After crossing two more roundabouts, the road becomes three lanes. Keep in one of the two right-hand lanes (signposted Keighley/Skipton). Continue straight along this road towards Skipton and eventually you will be able to see the stadium in front of you, over on the left. At the Kia Car Dealership on your left, turn immediately left into Station Road. At the top of Station Road turn left along Queen’s Road, then the second left into Midland Road for the away entrance. For the main offices continue along Queen’s Road and at the traffic lights turn left into Manningham Road.

Car Parking:

There is no public car parking at the stadium. Mostly street parking if you arrive early enough.

By Train:

If going by train into Bradford Interchange, it is quite a walk to the ground (20 minutes). Either take a taxi (approx. £6) or alternatively the bus station is next to the train station (Bus Nos. 622, 623, 626 or 662).

Supporters travelling via Leeds are advised to catch the Leeds - Bradford Forster Square service (two trains per hour during the day) rather than those to Bradford Interchange. Forster Square is only 10 minutes’ walk from the stadium.

Walking directions:

From Bradford Forster Square Station (trains from Leeds, Skipton & Ilkley) 0.6 mile from stadium:
Leave the station to the right of the ticket office, either up the six or so flights of stairs or up the long ramp further on. This brings you out on Manor Row, where you should turn right. Keep on this road passed the City Gent pub to a large crossroads. Here, you can either go straight over and walk all the way down Manningham Lane, passed The Bradford Arms pub to Valley Parade, just before the Petrol Station. Alternatively it is easier to reach the away end by turning right at the main cross roads, then turn left on to Midland Road after 100 yards and follow the road all the way to the turnstiles.

From Bradford Interchange Station (trains from everywhere else) 1 mile from stadium:
Leave the station walking towards the city centre, with the Queen pub on your left and St. George’s Hall on the right. Walk down the hill, and take a right just after the Ginger Goose pub, on to Market Street. Follow this road round to the mini-roundabout and go up the hill. You will come on to Manor Row, where Bradford Forster Square Station is. Then follow the instructions above.

By Air:
The nearest airport is Leeds Bradford, at a distance of 6 miles. Metroconnect 747 provides a direct bus service to Bradford Forster Square railway station. Journey time is about 40 minutes.

Where to drink:

Alcohol is available inside the stadium.

The Bradford Arms on Manningham Lane is about two minutes from the stadium.

About a ten minute walk away from the stadium along Manningham Road (going away from the City Centre) is the Cartwright Hotel, which has a sizeable bar.

A similar distance in the opposite direction (towards the City Centre) is the Corn Dolly on Bolton Road, which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, as is the New Beehive on Westgate, which still has gas lighting.

Pubs that welcome children close to the ground are the Oakleigh and Park Hotel (both off Manningham Lane towards Shipley), Haigy’s (a little closer as you walk to the ground from Westgate), the Bolton and the Goldsbourgh.

Near to Bradford Forster Square Station on North Parade is another bar to feature in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, the Sparrow Bier Cafe. This small bar offers up to four real ales, plus ciders and continental lagers, and its pork pies are highly recommended.

Where to eat:

There is a selection of fast food places within a few minutes of the ground and a McDonald’s in a retail park next to Bradford Forster Square railway station.

Attractions:

The Club Shop has a café and a Club Museum.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• 11 months later...

What's the crack with lower/upper tier? Is it just first come, first served?

This was a farce last year. They made us sit in the seats our tickets said. Remember our tickets were right at the side of the upper tier, decent views but pretty crap for atmosphere where everyone was stood up in the middle. I think you can probably just move though but knowing me I would move to a seat where someone is adamant they want to sit because that's their ticket seat. Aways should just be unreserved!

This was a farce last year. They made us sit in the seats our tickets said. Remember our tickets were right at the side of the upper tier, decent views but pretty crap for atmosphere where everyone was stood up in the middle. I think you can probably just move though but knowing me I would move to a seat where someone is adamant they want to sit because that's their ticket seat. Aways should just be unreserved!

We sat anywhere at Carlisle last season, wasn't a problem.

Highly doubt we'll be selling this out anyway.

The pub by the train station was pretty decent last season forgotten its name sadly.

Was that the Queens? I am in limbo at the moment pub wise, went in the Fighting cocks last year, really friendly and great beer it was a 15 minute walk from Bradford interchange, but I might be meeting my lad at the other station which means it is out of our way. One place I will be visiting is Rawals after the game fantastic curry and inexpensive, the only down side is, it is unlicensed.

We sat anywhere at Carlisle last season, wasn't a problem.

Highly doubt we'll be selling this out anyway.

We did too at Carlisle but their stewards/police weren't bothered. At bradford they seemed to check everyones tickets. But I agree I doubt we'll be selling out unless we stick 8 past Rochdale

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...