New Stand Name?

The "don't create a seating plan from the architect's drawing, let's get thirty quid a pop from the fans instead" stand.

If that is a tad wordy got to be named after big Joe.

I like the "Welcome to Ice Station Zebra" sign. There should be one fitted in the tunnel like the one at Anfield. This is Ice Station Zebra.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree if the player's tunnel was there.

In the main stand then!

Would defiantly create an atmosphere....heheh, like the thought of putting it the stand where the players tunnel is or maybe when we decide where we are putting away fans, defo in that stand.

Intimidation of the away players and mind games on the away fans to get them to by more hot drinks.

Would like to see the new stand called the Jimmy Frizzel Stand after the manager who won us more trophies than any other (that's going to start an argument!)

And when he comes to open it let him cut the ribbon and then present him with a paintbrush ...... the older fans may understand

:smoking:

Would like to see the new stand called the Jimmy Frizzel Stand after the manager who won us more trophies than any other (that's going to start an argument!)

And when he comes to open it let him cut the ribbon and then present him with a paintbrush ...... the older fans may understand

:smoking:

And remind us that we were once "yarddogs"

Edited by another fan

How long do they say until it's finished?

I know it'll be ready for next season but once it's up then we need to crack on getting off-pitch activities using the thing as it'll be a catalyst for the club overall I reckon.

The ground will attract interest and income, sponsorship hopefully to then take some pressure of match day income. Once built I'm hoping it may attract a new investor too so we can consider the next side for development...would that be the Chaddy or the Main Stand?

Also what's happening on surrounding land? Are houses still being built? Could there be potential for a multiplex or similar?

Back to original question - Joe Royle Stand for me and a statue. Bringing back the late 80s/early 90s to everyone's attention could well inspire an investor to take a punt if marketed and promoted effectively

Edited by Midsblue

The Royle Stand - think it should be.

And - if there's enough pennies in the piggy bank, a statue of Jimmy Frizz and Big Joe; side by side outside would also be a deserved statement.

Maybe something the Trust could get involved with and fund or help organise to fund?

And both of them invited guest of honour to officially open the stand once its completed.

But - it wont be. It'll be the Pentagon Stand or <insert A N Other local car company esq> stand.

I guess any income is more important to the club in terms of naming rights than honouring legends; money talks doesnt it?

The Royle Stand - think it should be.

And - if there's enough pennies in the piggy bank, a statue of Jimmy Frizz and Big Joe; side by side outside would also be a deserved statement.

Maybe something the Trust could get involved with and fund or help organise to fund?

And both of them invited guest of honour to officially open the stand once its completed.

But - it wont be. It'll be the Pentagon Stand or <insert A N Other local car company esq> stand.

I guess any income is more important to the club in terms of naming rights than honouring legends; money talks doesnt it?

That's exactly the sort of thing the Trust should be doing. Raise money for the statues without taking money from the club. A presentation dinner for larger doners (and expect at cost use of new stand facilities).