Barry Owen interview

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goebbels would have been proud of this one.

Having said that, good video from the club. I've no real axe to grind with Barry but last week's video was a complete car crash, this one does address the balance. A bit. A plea is made for fans old and new to get to the games, the club needs bums on seats. Could read "money troubles" in to this if I was even more cynical but with the Summer break approaching it does make sense.

He is utterly obsessed with the views of those on a messageboard that can barely muster 200 votes in a poll from a regular fanbase of 3500 and a few thousand more who are lapsed.

How much does he get in Corney's ear and wind him up with it?

I got the opposite impression. Said he doesn't want to get too involved in addressing OWTB critics because there's more to our fan base than OWTB. Very sensible.

Genuine question(s)

Do you think Barry an Simon actually like the fans as a whole? Or as strange as it sounds are we a neccersary evil?

I honestly can't work out why they stay; if the fans get on their tits as much as they say or imply. I constantly feel 'told off' when I listen to them.

Genuine question(s)

Do you think Barry an Simon actually like the fans as a whole? Or as strange as it sounds are we a neccersary evil?

I honestly can't work out why they stay; if the fans get on their tits as much as they say or imply. I constantly feel 'told off' when I listen to them.

By "fans" do you mean a tiny, tiny minority of fans?

By "fans" do you mean a tiny, tiny minority of fans?

The number of fans is irrelevant Harry, it's the impression they give.

For a tiny, tiny, minority they don't half mention 'them' a lot.

Surely they've learnt in their tenure not to alienate the tiny, tiny minority. . . ?

They want unity, an us all pulling in the same direction. Yet they spend their time on camera having sly digs and/or blatantly criticising.

I haven't got a lot of time for people needing a constant pat on the back or for me to be constantly grateful for them essentially doing their jobs.

Jobs which I presume they enjoy. Otherwise why do it? Doesn't sound to me like they enjoy it. Sounds to me like they always getting dragged down by the tiny, tiny, minority.

IMO they should have broader shoulders than that, realise it isn't everyone. An use the videos to promote a healthy, positive view of the club.

The number of fans is irrelevant Harry, it's the impression they give.

For a tiny, tiny, minority they don't half mention 'them' a lot.

Surely they've learnt in their tenure not to alienate the tiny, tiny minority. . . ?

They want unity, an us all pulling in the same direction. Yet they spend their time on camera having sly digs and/or blatantly criticising.

I haven't got a lot of time for people needing a constant pat on the back or for me to be constantly grateful for them essentially doing their jobs.

Jobs which I presume they enjoy. Otherwise why do it? Doesn't sound to me like they enjoy it. Sounds to me like they always getting dragged down by the tiny, tiny, minority.

IMO they should have broader shoulders than that, realise it isn't everyone. An use the videos to promote a healthy, positive view of the club.

I think we agree.

They shouldn't mention them at all.

It's unprofessional and small time and just gets peoples backs up, often the wrong people.

I think we agree.

They shouldn't mention them at all.

It's unprofessional and small time and just gets peoples backs up, often the wrong people.

Very true the ones he's aiming it at are a bit like himself thick skinned, all they end up doing is upsetting the sensitive fans.

I thought it was a good interview. dont care if anyone disagrees with me. well this is owtb what are the odds. eeerrrrmmmm.

I agree it was a good interview, but I don't dismiss the negative reaction so lightly. I reckon some of the negative reaction to these latest interviews is down to historical gripes (some legit, some not). There's a way to go to appease people and get the Trust where it needs to be in the fans' affections.

"Everybody hurts..... Sometimes"....

If there was ever a need for an REM backing track, Part Two was it...

He really doesn't get it... Anybody who thinks the Trust communication shouldn't be mainly web based is just 10 years off the mark...

"If we knew what Corney did..." - Yes if only....

"I do object as the fans representative...." - Then tell us about it Barry!!!

If as the fans representative he was keeping us up to date with what was going on internally and the impact he was having then moaners like me would be quickly silenced.... Instead we get nothing.

Edited by oafc0000