Bradford 2-3 Latics: post match reaction

JCH was really impressive. The finish for the second was excellent, as the defenders had pushed him wide. So often that situation would have ended up with him trying to win a corner and it bobbling out for a goal kick.

Tweet of the day goes to Matt Chambers:

@Matt_Chambers_: Mclean extricated himself from Lockwood's pocket in order to be substituted. Seven left. #oafc

The back four were solid again today and didn't deserve to walk off having conceded 2, Lockwood has had a real impact! Brown also played really well.

Harkins was quiet and still produced a clinical ball for JCH first, who was outstanding all game and has been a constant presence for the last few games, it was great to see him get his rewards today!

Everybody played well today really, a solid team performance, which goes with having a consistent selection.

Even though teams around us won, another 3 or 4 points should be enough. I'm not worried though considering our much improved performances!

We were truly excellent this afternoon. Conceding 2 goals does not give the players performances the credit and justice they deserved. Our fans were awesome.

The advantage we now have is ours to throw away and I don't think we will.

We now have massive momentum with a settled starting 11, strengthening vocal support (especially at home) and the new stand looming impressively high above the pitch.

All aboard!

After waiting patiently at the bus stop for 5yrs - don't bloody miss it.

Really good away performance - we were solid enough at Crewe but much more dangerous going forward today - Worrall much improved, Wes outstanding everywhere, winning the ball as usual but also passing it well and breaking to support JCH perfectly for the first, worked well with him, Korey & Philly in there, all excellent. Harkins quieter but still quality on the ball, showed real class with the killer pass for the second. Stating the obvious, we need to keep him! Happy enough with the defence but never totally confident that we won't give a stupid goal away...

Credit to LJ for this, a bit of consistency with a settled side and good man-management too, all season hes been asking for more from JCH - well today that was what he has threatened to be all along - bullied their defence, won his share in the air, held it up and finished superbly for his goals. When hes fit enough to keep going for 90 mins we'll have a player on our hands!

Brilliant support, great to hear that noise again. We should be well happy with that following and performance!!

Enjoyed it, but after so long it's strange not having my heart in it. Two ordinary teams and we were better in the last third.

Was impressed by Harkins the Zidane of Latics © Frankly Mr Shankley, he's got ice in his veins.

I think the only player I had ever seen live before was Rabchuka when he was on loan, possibly add in Grounds and Wes at Walsall last season if they played.

Highlight? Great performance from the fans and it was fabulous to see so many old friends.

There's still a wealth of passion there. Do the club know how to tap into though?

Just got home after a great day out, thanks to the Bradford fans we had a drink with before and after the game, they told us of a great little curry house which was an amazing experience and dirt cheap too. Great 3 points, Lockwood, Wes and JCH take a bow. Onward and upward.

Oh, the policing. T'was way overboard. Threatened with a section 27 if we didn't get on the six o'clock train.

at least you wasnt section 60'd, as there was bits of trouble before the game police probably just keen to move all those who had been drinking on there way, within their rights, west yorkshire police are not renowned for their hospitility.

GOALS commentary - "supa doopa" Roy

3 min mp3 if you would like a copy PM me with your email address.

Think you need to delete some old messages! If you could send them me please - my username @gmail.com

OK I've found out how to do it - my PM mail box is now empty. Fill your boots.

Sorry if people have been requesting commentary for previous games and I haven't responded, looks like it stopped working 26th March.

Edited by laticsrblue

He gets some stick on here but thought Connor Brown was very good today

Sat in the home end today (free ticket off a work colleague) and it was great to watch our fans from a different angle. If you were there, you were class. Had to sit on my hands as I thought we were superb today, defensively solid and set up/tactics worked a dream. Thought Bradford were awful though, clueless in attack. Stead and McLean were bloody awful. Much rather have jch who was brilliant today

Same for me - sat with Bradford fans on a free ticket so saw & heard how the away end was - & they were impressed at how 'noisy' we were. I was pissing myself when they started having a go at Stead... & saying how useful our lad up front looked. Didn't know why we were lower than them in the table & they all agreed that the policing was well over the top

Have to say JCH was class but the whole team looked good from up there, definitely a lot better from Connor Brown. Looked like the same system as at Crewe but with Korey a lot better than Byrom in the middle, & Wes running on. Credit to LJ & a great day out, even in the wrong end of the ground!

Enjoyed it, but after so long it's strange not having my heart in it. Two ordinary teams and we were better in the last third.

Was impressed by Harkins the Zidane of Latics © Frankly Mr Shankley, he's got ice in his veins.

I think the only player I had ever seen live before was Rabchuka when he was on loan, possibly add in Grounds and Wes at Walsall last season if they played.

Highlight? Great performance from the fans and it was fabulous to see so many old friends.

There's still a wealth of passion there. Do the club know how to tap into though?

Wilson, you're back!

Just looking at the highlights on Youtube. The second goal was really well worked with a brutal finish.

JCH wouldn't get more space on if he went for a walk on the moors! Similar for the Wes goal.

The Grounds pass for the third was a joy.