Praise from Bradford fans

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was embarressed to be stood in the away end when that was sung have some :censored:in respect, tragic day when they had the fire one of the saddest sights ive ever seen in my life I hope it wasnt intentional, if it was a minority spoiled what was quite frankly one of the best away days ive had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire

Whilst I don't think there was any malice whatsoever in us singing that song, it doesn't make it appropriate to sing at VP.

Many of our fans weren't even born when the Bradford fire happened. I'm sure it would have been naively aimed at people leaving early. I thought the response on their board was very sensible. God help us if we'd made a similar faux pas at Anfield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire

Whilst I don't think there was any malice whatsoever in us singing that song, it doesn't make it appropriate to sing at VP.

Thanks. Never heard of that before, bit before my time.

I sang it without knowing about that period in their history, no malice inteded.

Edited by LaticsEddie

Honest mistake from some young fans who are uneducated on it, so lets not blow something like that out of proportion. I didn't sing it at the time myself because I find it a cringey chant but even I didn't realise the connotations until after the game.

No malice intended obviously and if it did offend any of their fans then sorry but focus on what was a great win.

Honest mistake from some young fans who are uneducated on it, so lets not blow something like that out of proportion. I didn't sing it at the time myself because I find it a cringey chant but even I didn't realise the connotations until after the game.

No malice intended obviously and if it did offend any of their fans then sorry but focus on what was a great win.

100% agree newblue,sorry Bradford fans if any offence caused by this.Totally unintentional.

Agree the chant is sung at a lot of grounds but not at vp I hung my head in shame and had to explain about the fire to a few young lads behind me today go be fair it soon stopped but our support was awesome today

Many of our fans weren't even born when the Bradford fire happened. I'm sure it would have been naively aimed at people leaving early. I thought the response on their board was very sensible. God help us if we'd made a similar faux pas at Anfield.

Thanks. Never heard of that before, bit before my time.

I sang it without knowing about that period in their history, no malice inteded.

The bold bits.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. It's a very funny chant that is sung all over the country. I was born in 1974 so was 11 when the fire happened. I remember watching it unfold on Grandstand (:censored: me, i'm old) and being absolutely horrified, even as a kid.

I would hazard a guess that almost all those singing it weren't even born in 1985 so meant absolutely nothing by it. Even for some of our fans, it'd take a special breed of :censored:wit to take the piss about something so serious. They simply didn't know.

PS. Massive win today. I'm so happy I think i've dribbled a bit.

Thirded.

As the majority have already said, it was an unintended, if not naive, chant today. Very much a good-natured affair.

Perhaps someone representing this forum should make a comment on that thread? Just to apologise for the naively, but stress there were no offence meant.

Overall, some nice remarks from their supporters.

As the majority have already said, it was an unintended, if not naive, chant today. Very much a good-natured affair.

Perhaps someone representing this forum should make a comment on that thread? Just to apologise for the naively, but stress there were no offence meant.

Overall, some nice remarks from their supporters.

already have http://www.claretandbanter.co.uk/threads/oldham-support.39236/