Praise from Bradford fans

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gobsmacked that some people who went to the game had no idea of VP's history. It just shows how old I am. The comment before making a connection with Hillsborough was very apposite. I would guess that all the people attending today would have heard of that.

I went to VP in the November of that season for a cup game, possibly Mansfield? I remember looking at the great gap under the seats filled with rubbish. Obvious looking back, but I suppose that's the point.

I watched this and Heysel unfold live on TV as an 11 year old within weeks of each other.

Both forever ingrained into my memory.

These obsolete Stadiums should have been modernised immediately, but it took another another disaster 4 years later

for the penny to drop.

Valley Parade not having fences was a small mercy.

I was gobsmacked that some people who went to the game had no idea of VP's history. It just shows how old I am. The comment before making a connection with Hillsborough was very apposite. I would guess that all the people attending today would have heard of that.

I went to VP in the November of that season for a cup game, possibly Mansfield? I remember looking at the great gap under the seats filled with rubbish. Obvious looking back, but I suppose that's the point.

seem to remeber the section under the boards at the back of the chaddy was full of litter untill shortly after this happend

I thought latics ediie was joking when he said he had no idea why the chant was wrong, but in fairness that just shows how old I am and I really admire you for going on their message board, apologising and explaining

I thought latics ediie was joking when he said he had no idea why the chant was wrong, but in fairness that just shows how old I am and I really admire you for going on their message board, apologising and explaining

In fairness, a lot on their message board appreciate that it wasn't sang with any malice, but as you say all credit to Eddie, at 18 my attitude may have been f*** em anyway.

I'm old enough to remember.

But I've never seen that from start to finish. Terrifying speed.

I'm exactly the same, O4U.

I remember this happening at the time, but have never seen this footage all the way through before. A shocking tragedy which I think gets overshadowed by the Heysel disaster not long after and then Hillsborough.

Just as those two tragedies are prominent in a lot of fans minds, so should Valley Parade be.

God rest their souls.x

Well done to those who have logged in and apologised when the majority of their fans didn't feel it necessary. We can't know the history of every ground we visit it's only when the oldies speak up at the time that we truely understand.

Makes you wonder how many near misses us latics fans had in that era....occasionally I have the odd flash back of places like Blackburn one sunny day when us latics fans couldn't get into the ground and we were stuck outside for KO. We were singing outside letting the players know where we we were and thank god, when we got through the turnstyle, there was no tunnel into the pens....we we right on the terrace. I dred to think otherwise

Then I think the other one was stokes old ground with a side terrace that went down below the level of the pitch..if there was a rush forward then again I could have been a gonner.

The other one was Maine rd, but that may have something to do with me in their home end and tommy wright scoring two goals...took my life into my own hands trying to keep my gob shut on those goals.

And don't get me started on police horses and if you dare stepped off the kerb as you were being shuffled to away grounds.

Think Someone said on a thread going back a few seasons that it could have been us at Hillsborough if we hadn't lost an earlier game

I was embarressed to be stood in the away end when that was sung have some :censored:in respect, tragic day when they had the fire one of the saddest sights ive ever seen in my life I hope it wasnt intentional, if it was a minority spoiled what was quite frankly one of the best away days ive had.

Well over the top. Its sung all over the place. I was well aware of the Bradford fire before the game so didnt join in. But its not a Munich/Hillsborough incident where everyone in the country whatever the age is aware of. Alot of the noise was started today by a group of lads who's dads where only just out of their teens when this happened...

Well done to those who have logged in and apologised when the majority of their fans didn't feel it necessary. We can't know the history of every ground we visit it's only when the oldies speak up at the time that we truely understand.

Makes you wonder how many near misses us latics fans had in that era....occasionally I have the odd flash back of places like Blackburn one sunny day when us latics fans couldn't get into the ground and we were stuck outside for KO. We were singing outside letting the players know where we we were and thank god, when we got through the turnstyle, there was no tunnel into the pens....we we right on the terrace. I dred to think otherwise

Then I think the other one was stokes old ground with a side terrace that went down below the level of the pitch..if there was a rush forward then again I could have been a gonner.

The other one was Maine rd, but that may have something to do with me in their home end and tommy wright scoring two goals...took my life into my own hands trying to keep my gob shut on those goals.

And don't get me started on police horses and if you dare stepped off the kerb as you were being shuffled to away grounds.

Think Someone said on a thread going back a few seasons that it could have been us at Hillsborough if we hadn't lost an earlier game

It's actually unbelievably shocking at how we as football fans take our life into our hands by just going to watch a football game. Just as shocking is the way we are treated like cattle and sub :censored:ing human because of our passion.

No other section of society gets treated the way we do, yet it's deemed acceptable. Baffling....

Well over the top. Its sung all over the place. I was well aware of the Bradford fire before the game so didnt join in. But its not a Munich/Hillsborough incident where everyone in the country whatever the age is aware of. Alot of the noise was started today by a group of lads who's dads where only just out of their teens when this happened...

Dont tell me its over the top ive been to nearly every away game this season and havent heard it once so although some might of been guilty of singing along with it there were a couple who should of known better will leave it at that but for me it left a bad taste.

Dont tell me its over the top ive been to nearly every away game this season and havent heard it once so although some might of been guilty of singing along with it there were a couple who should of known better will leave it at that but for me it left a bad taste.

It was sung at Swindon, how many times do we actually have a comfortable away lead so we can sing it?

Well done for that you hero. How many of those were we 3-1 up against a team of similar stature to Bradford?

Well done for that you hero. How many of those were we 3-1 up against a team of similar stature to Bradford?

wind it in, read what I said a couple should of known better if you think its all sweet and innocent fine, carry on kidding yourself.

Nice to see most of the bradford fans opinion is a good one of us, and they know there was no malice, im 25 so wasnt born, i know about the fire and heard the song today, i didnt even twig on until i logged on here, im 100% certain that there was no intention and in hindsight it shouldnt have happened but it did and im sure it wont happen again on our trips to VP

Nice to see most of the bradford fans opinion is a good one of us, and they know there was no malice, im 25 so wasnt born, i know about the fire and heard the song today, i didnt even twig on until i logged on here, im 100% certain that there was no intention and in hindsight it shouldnt have happened but it did and im sure it wont happen again on our trips to VP

Do you drive a mondy? :-p