JCH recently

Something has clicked with him. I have been critical of him for not using his presence and for his finishing.

In recemt weeks he has used his size and speed to much greater effect and yesterday was just reward. His 2nd was a great finish too.

Pleased to say that. Thats the player he could be.

i agree that he's come on leaps and bounds recently.. but that's because LJ has finally put him into the squad consistently, this lad take away his ability on the ball and his sheer strength he's the hardest working player on the pitch aswell! really don't know why it's taken so long to get him into the starting 11, we even put stead infront of him??? what's all that about

His confidence was so high after his second that was even limping going backwards ;) Only one headless moment when he was through with one defender and he justslowed down and waited for them to catch him. Great performance though

i agree that he's come on leaps and bounds recently.. but that's because LJ has finally put him into the squad consistently, this lad take away his ability on the ball and his sheer strength he's the hardest working player on the pitch aswell! really don't know why it's taken so long to get him into the starting 11, we even put stead infront of him??? what's all that about

He's a project. He's got more potential than any striker that I've seen at Latics in the last decade but there's a lot of mental aspects that he lacks. At the moment he's the best player that we have for the current formation but I wouldn't like to rely on him as our 1st or 2nd choice striker for the whole season just yet.

Tounkara is a great example of what happens to an overused young striker. LJ's management of JCH this season has been one of his main success stories of the season so far imo. Long may it continue!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

After yesterday's performance a few of the lads who went said if he keeps performing and scoring how long will it be before the first club in with 200k walks off with him.

To appease the looming New York paymasters.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bradford aren't on the phone on Monday after seeing another crap performance from Stead the Donkey.

His all round game has a million miles to go.

50% of his goals have green against the same team.

I do like watching a player improve though.

His composure is improving I think , he's not just reacting impulsively.

And next season he should develop even more

wonder if Tommy wrights coaching has been of any benefit to him ? positioning where to run etc meaning hes more composed when he does get into a good position rather than snatching at things that just pop up second was an excellent Finnish across the keeper and through the defenders legs

His upper body strength yesterday meant he kept on brushing off defenders, earlier this season he just went to ground looking for a foul, it is finally starting to sink in that he doesn't have to do that every time. As said he is still a WIP but it is a joy watching his all round game improve.

It's fine for a Berbatov type. Who spends 80 minutes of the game with hands on his hips, waiting for the ball to come to him.

JCH is really exciting, but definitely needs to learn those age-old centre forward traits of simply keeping hold of the ball when we're on the back foot. He's electrifying when the ball's in space and he's racing onto it. But just simple things like kill the ball dead, lay it off to a midfielder and bomb forward, if he can crack that he'll be a hell of a player.

It should be remembered that he is still a youth and was playing U16s park football until spotted by Coventry.

He is definitely work in progress and it is easy to see why the experienced Stead, was put in front of him. Stead, was of course awful for us and it didn't take long to jettison him. Up until then JCH had been a promising, skilful sub but prone to falling over and wild shooting.

He has blossomed since earning a starting place, culminating in his outstanding 2 goal performance on Saturday and without any amateur dramatics. He also played the game out (his first I think) a big step forward for him - hopefully the first of many.

He is turning into a fine prospect.

wonder if Tommy wrights coaching has been of any benefit to him ? positioning where to run etc meaning hes more composed when he does get into a good position rather than snatching at things that just pop up second was an excellent Finnish across the keeper and through the defenders legs

Just like Jari Litmanen.

He's nearly caught up on Adam Rooney in terms of goals for the club.

He's still young and while he looks a great player his finishing lets him down massively. If he was a good finisher he could have sent us down last season. He was great against Bradford, what we want to see of him but it's all too infrequent. Hopefully he will improve his finishing and turn into a fantastic striker.

One thing I have noticed is the positive effect Gary Harkins has had on the lad, dont know if this has coincided with his upturn in form but he seems to look up to jeebsy, they have obviously worked on his game as well looks far more solid in possession is more comfortable receiving the ball setting himself up well to receive the ball and shrugging defenders off as opposed to being brushed off the ball himself, his game in the air is improving all the time and he is always looking to bring others into play, he got a bit leggy in the last 10 minutes again Saturday but his stamina if he looks after himself will improve with age.