LJ setting our expectations early?

I also am sick of mediocre players! We need better for next season.

Unfortunately mediocre budgets mean mediocre crowds with the end product often meaning mediocre players. The only way we can get out of that is by retaining where we can, building a solid core that know eachothers games very well. It's the reason why we've come into good form now, it's all gelling.

Don't understand why everyone want's Kusunga out. Will turn out good. Remember M'voto's first season ?

Point proved!

Mvoto 1st season 2nd season and the rest and now doing it at Barnsley.....MEDIOCRE!

Having said that if Kasunga got more time at centre half which he won't he could be better than Mvoto who couldn't pass water

Edited by palmer1

Point proved!

Mvoto 1st season 2nd season and the rest and now doing it at Barnsley.....MEDIOCRE!

Having said that if Kasunga got more time at centre half which he won't he could be better than Mvoto who couldn't pass water

Thank you. Mvoto was poor.

Don't understand why everyone want's Kusunga out. Will turn out good. Remember M'voto's first season ?

Everyone I'm the only person to mention him prior to you before this, and I actually said he was a good player. However, I don't think he has been good value for money, mainly because of his supposed inability to play weekend and then midweek (although that might be fixable), his injury record and his suspension record. Plus we may well be paying him a bit and I think we can get defenders at roughly the same level for cheaper, see 3 out of current back 4.

We do apparently have the option for another season with him though, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is taken up, but like I hinted in my post I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave too.

• 2 weeks later...

LJ says in the Chron:

“I think 51 is going to be enough (to be safe), with 49 you could get away with it, but you will be going into the last day. Get to 53 and you are nailed on. If we can get to 53 over this weekend, then we are straight into contract talks.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/85558/vital-to-have-fortune-on-your-side-johnson