• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard so many different figures that any attempt to be outraged ends in confusion as to who or what to be angry about.

Exactly! It's not like we would have turned down higher bids for him, and if him and/or his agent was pushing for a move and massive salary increase then we had to take what we could get.

What would be the point in forcing him to stay when he doesn't want to and potentially disrupt the dressing room? Players and agents hold all the cards these days.

The lad is now playing in a well organised, settled and confident team that defends as a unit and he looks good. What a surprise. That doesn't mean he didn't make mistakes here and get booked due to the crazy runs he made. There is simply no comparison. We are a potential playoff side if we can convert six losses to six wins next season and it will only happen if our players perform as well as they have over the last five games i.e. without the lad but with the God Gary.

Get over it he didn't want to stay!

A lots being made of the effect Lockwoods having on our defence imagine the influence he could of had on tarky, he has played in seven games for brentford and they have yet to concede a goal with him on the pitch thats over 8 hours of football, reading the forums he is being touted as the best defender outside the PL the best they have seen at griffen park, pure class the comments go on, half of the clueless on here still reckon we are better off without him but to me it would appear that he wasnt the problem, glad he has gone somewhere that the fans are educated enough to appreciate his talent, 350k is quite frankly laughable I said so at the time and think it even more so now.

Good player does well in good team shocker.

I know this will contradict what I said but the transfer was for 375k if brentford go up we recieve another 50k, after he signed his new contract last year tarky was on just over 1k a week brentford are paying him over 4x that and a handsome signing on fee on top tarky along with his agent were pushing for the move and brentford were the only ones to put in any sort of bid.

I know this will contradict what I said but the transfer was for 375k if brentford go up we recieve another 50k, after he signed his new contract last year tarky was on just over 1k a week brentford are paying him over 4x that and a handsome signing on fee on top tarky along with his agent were pushing for the move and brentford were the only ones to put in any sort of bid.

He's on 3k a week at Brentford.

Was on £800 here.

From a very reliable source, which might be my first ever.

Good player signs for good team and they both do good together, good god! shocker!

Can we not move this to one of the 27 ex player threads?

If you want to know how good he is wait until next season in the championship. How many wanted him gone and Mvoto kept?

He will be better than Mvoto but how good will he be as part of relegation fodder?

As for how much we sold him for, unless SC, Tarky or his mum post the amount I don't believe :censored: and have give up caring. He isn't our player and won't be back so him and Lockwood could have been bum chums for all it matters.

If i've said it once, i've said it a fair few times...

How exactly do you go about getting one of this 'club sources'?

I just have an uncontrollable hankering to know how much Danny Gossett earns right now, what Rob Lee's favourite album of all time is, and how long Neil Wood took to wash his hair?

He's on 3k a week at Brentford.

Was on £800 here.

From a very reliable source, which might be my first ever.

his old deal was 800 when he signed the new one it was for 1200 brentford are paying him over 4000+ similarities between our info but obvious the reasons he went.

his old deal was 800 when he signed the new one it was for 1200 brentford are paying him over 4000+ similarities between our info but obvious the reasons he went.

I'm also told he didn't want to go, he was effectively forced out...

Still, we now need to move on, like he has.

For a period of about ten years and then again later for another couple I was involved with the club to some degree and on good terms with most of the senior people and plenty of others.

Not once did it occur to me to ask any of them how much anyone was on and not once did any of them volunteer such information.

Either the club is now staffed almost entirely by untrustworthy gob:censored:es who wouldn't know the meaning of discretion or many people on here talk bollocks about their reliable sources......or both

For a period of about ten years and then again later for another couple I was involved with the club to some degree and on good terms with most of the senior people and plenty of others.

Not once did it occur to me to ask any of them how much anyone was on and not once did any of them volunteer such information.

Either the club is now staffed almost entirely by untrustworthy gob:censored:es who wouldn't know the meaning of discretion or many people on here talk bollocks about their reliable sources......or both

Never!!

I'm also told he didn't want to go, he was effectively forced out...

Still, we now need to move on, like he has.

Didn't want to go to Brentford, but not stay. Champ club was in for him but didn't offer as much as Brentford.

SC said it's either Brentford or us.

Don't know if it's 100% true but as it contrasts with other sources, only shows all should be taken witha pinch of salt.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

They were Different times though where we only talked about football at, before & after the match.

No championship manager, no messageboards or Twitter for people to speculate about the ins and outs of a ducks arse 24 hours a day.

Turnover of players was minimal compared to today and players were generally all just on an above average working mans wage.