• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most hard done too team in the world, can't stand the scouse b*stards

On the pitch maybe but costing fans lives just going to watch a game, well that's harsh.....it so well could have been any team in that era and I remember I couple of near misses with latics too.

If it wasn't the injustice then it might not be so much in the public eye, ibrox, Bradford, heysel and not so well publicised yet should not be forgotten.

We should never forget the awful events of 15 April 1989.

However.

Yesterday was too much.

Please can we finally move on now?

Don't really see how it's too much. Kicking off seven minutes late, after a minute's silence is no great inconvenience to anybody.

If the disaster hadn't happened that day, might our semi-final against Man Utd have been at Hillsborough the following year?

96 fans went teo a game, didnt come back and had the establishment cover it up. Would you expect the scousers to say "oh, its alright, as you were"?!?!!

If it had've been fans killing fans, no cover up, no scandal, then there would be justification in saying they have gone over the top.

But the scandal exists.

I dont agree with many minutes silence as football / sport shouldn't take it upon itself to do it. I disagree with one for Rememberance Day. Its not the time or place for me.

No more so than if a game of football broke out at the cenetaph on rememberance sunday. Wrong time, wrong place.

That is a personal opinion, most dont agree with.

Yesterday for me however was justified and right, as it was a football tragedy... I also hope next years last day of the season has 30 years since the Bradford fire.

Glad im not the only one bored of self pity city

Que a few downboats, yawn

No I completely agree, all of us as football fans will support them in their endeavours for justice - however, Bradford? Burden? Ibrox? Dare I say it - Heysel? What about remembering them?

I remember Heysel and Liverpool blamed Chelsea. Justice for the 39. They won't want you to remember that one though....

o-HEYSEL-570.jpg

I'm sure they would love to be able to.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that the families, or others directly involved, move on. But maybe the rest of us might be allowed to. People who covered up errors on the day should be brought to book, that does not mean we have to indulge a group of people, who appear to wallow in self pity, by moving kick off times and having minutes of silence at every given opportunity. By all means do that at Anfield and Hillsborough, (and I'm sure Everton wouldn't want to miss out) but leave me out of it.

Remembrance Sunday and the events around it are controlled by the departure for sport media and culture which might explain the minute silence at football games, I think we should recognise those who have fallen whilst serving our country and as an ex serviceman its something I feel quite strongly about, I know its not the time and the place for some but the sacrifice of those brave men and women should never be forgotten.

Don't get me wrong the Hillsborough disaster was a terrible terrible day for football, and the white wash by the establishment a total and utter disgrace. But I can't help thinking it's justice when it suits for Liverpool fans.

They caused Heysel. And yet (as far as I'm aware) not a single Liverpool supporter has come forward to accept any sort of responsibility for that tragedy. If it's to be justice for the 96, they need to look close to home for justice for the 39 too!

Don't get me wrong the Hillsborough disaster was a terrible terrible day for football, and the white wash by the establishment a total and utter disgrace. But I can't help thinking it's justice when it suits for Liverpool fans.

They caused Heysel. And yet (as far as I'm aware) not a single Liverpool supporter has come forward to accept any sort of responsibility for that tragedy. If it's to be justice for the 96, they need to look close to home for justice for the 39 too!

Totally agree with this.

I don't have a problem with the weekends focus, and Hillsborough was a watershed disaster for English football that we have yet to fully emerge from.....

But I can't help but sympathise with those Juve fans in their attitudes towards Liverpool.

Regarding Heysel, I believe some Liverpool fans were prosecuted but I agree that if we commemorate one then we should do all.

However, regarding Hillsborough, there seems to be an impetus to blame the police and leave the reds blame free when there were a number without tickets or with forged tickets who took advantage of the gates being opened. While I accept that it was a major cockup by the police, I still feel that the reds still need to look at themselves if they rocked up without a ticket or with a forgery.

However, regarding Hillsborough, there seems to be an impetus to blame the police and leave the reds blame free when there were a number without tickets or with forged tickets who took advantage of the gates being opened. While I accept that it was a major cockup by the police, I still feel that the reds still need to look at themselves if they rocked up without a ticket or with a forgery.

Are you Kelvin MacKenzie?

While accepting Wikipedia has it's weaknesses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster

The possibility of fans attempting to gain entry without tickets or with forged tickets was suggested as a contributing factor. South Yorkshire Police suggested the late arrival of fans amounted to a conspiracy to gain entry without tickets. However, analysis of the electronic monitoring system, Health and Safety Executive analysis, and eyewitness accounts showed that the total number of people who entered the Leppings Lane end was below the official capacity of the stand. Eye witness reports suggested that tickets were available on the day and tickets for the Leppings Lane end were on sale from Anfield until the day before. The report dismissed the conspiracy theory

As far as I'm aware, there is not a single shred of evidence that a single forged ticket was used to gain access to the ground that day. Liverpool hadn't sold out their allocation. I'd suggest you continue to be misled by the bollocks South Yorkshire Police have been pumping out for far too long as part of their despicable criminal conspiracy to blame the fans. Edited by opinions4u

Are you Kelvin MacKenzie?

While accepting Wikipedia has it's weaknesses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster

Too many people crowded into the central pen of the Leppings Lane End, whilst the stand may have been under capacity, that central pen was highly over. The polices failure to shut the tunnel off when it got too crowded was a contributing factor as well as opening the gate.

We all know the real root cause is football hooliganism of the late 1970's and 1980's though, all events transpired after this and Hillsborough was in fact an accident waiting to happen. As someone up the threat alluded to, that could well have been the United/Latics semi final a year later.

Slightly off topic, me and my mate were talking about it the other day, he said he read that Ken Bates wanted the fences to be electrified, in order to prevent hooliganism and pitch invasions... ridiculous!