Trust AGM: OWTB Questions and Replies

The reserves point, is any of that Playershare? As the trust, seems to want to take full responsibility for that too judging by previous comments on here.

Note the trust received £610 from annual subscription fees, I wonder how that measures against Playershare?

I also note with interest that Barry's position was presumably up for re-election in 2012, but strangely no word about that AGM and it received little or no publicity. Funny that.

Furthermore 12 months and Barry could well be out on his ear. My reading of the situation based on information from here, as it's the only place worth going to about it, is that they have 4 directors, 2 of which, are up for re-election. Where's the trust constitution?

As brierleys555 has said, the reserves are separate from Playershare. PS generates around £20k per annum.

As the trust has now moved to a company, it looks like an EGM (my understanding of it anyway) is scheduled for January where the directors have decided to step down (with the option for standing for re-election).

Before last night, they had 5 directors. After last night, they have 8 plus 1 other who is trying thinngs out to see how things go before committing. A maximum of 12 still stands with the new company.

Edited by jorvik_latic

Ah I didn't read that properly. I stand corrected.

I will be very interested in seeing how that is worded on the application form. Tickbox, small print, properly explained....

This will be administered via a separate form to the ST application form. When STs are collected, a simple form which has been designed will be given to opt in to the trust. People will also be able to do this via the trust website by submitting their details and ST number.

This will be administered via a separate form to the ST application form. When STs are collected, a simple form which has been designed will be given to opt in to the trust. People will also be able to do this via the trust website by submitting their details and ST number.

Thumbs up to this then!

Edited by oafc0000

The reserves point, is any of that Playershare? As the trust, seems to want to take full responsibility for that too judging by previous comments on here.

Note the trust received £610 from annual subscription fees, I wonder how that measures against Playershare?

I also note with interest that Barry's position was presumably up for re-election in 2012, but strangely no word about that AGM and it received little or no publicity. Funny that.

Furthermore 12 months and Barry could well be out on his ear. My reading of the situation based on information from here, as it's the only place worth going to about it, is that they have 4 directors, 2 of which, are up for re-election. Where's the trust constitution?

I think we both asked that a few days ago, but there's been no answer as far as I can see.

Is a Trust allowed to operate without a legal written constitution ?

I'm the secretary of a small local residents association and our constitution consists of 10 pages, it defines the aims, powers, membership requirements, duties of the board and members, voting, code of conduct, and details the equal opportunities act.

Also included are the audited financial accounts requirements to be recorded at the AGM, and how many committee and public meetings should be held during the year.

It should be clearly stated who is;

The Chair

Vice Chair

The Secretary

The Treasurer

Apart from the Chair, have we the names of the officers holding these posts ?

*In addition, and I feel this is very important, all those in the responsible posts should either hold the required qualifications or undertake training to achieve them.

Edited by BP1960

I think we both asked that a few days ago, but there's been no answer as far as I can see.

Is a Trust allowed to operate without a legal written constitution ?

I'm the secretary of a small local residents association and our constitution consists of 10 pages, it defines the aims, powers, membership requirements, duties of the board and members, voting, code of conduct, and details the equal opportunities act.

Also included are the audited financial accounts requirements to be recorded at the AGM, and how many committee and public meetings should be held during the year.

It should be clearly stated who is;

The Chair

Vice Chair

The Secretary

The Treasurer

Apart from the Chair, have we the names of the officers holding these posts ?

We were told that all the requisite information will be put on the Trust website when the new webmaster takes over.

Still upload your notes Tracy. I've just dealt with the points raised in the questions.[/quote

Will do but would till appreciate if you could glance over them, please ignore the typos as I will sort them out..damn iPad predictive texting and I you to fast for the keyboard..heheh

We were told that all the requisite information will be put on the Trust website when the new webmaster takes over.

Thanks Diego, i'm not getting at you personally as yourself and underdog are doing a fine job reporting back, but when will the new webmaster be taking over?

The names of the Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer should be readily available, it's important for members and those wishing to join to know just who is running the organisation.

Cant the names in these posts be shown on the Trust Facebook page or in main Trust thread on OWTB?.

Edited by BP1960

As brierleys555 has said, the reserves are separate from Playershare. PS generates around £20k per annum.

As the trust has now moved to a company, it looks like an EGM (my understanding of it anyway) is scheduled for January where the directors have decided to step down (with the option for standing for re-election).

Before last night, they had 5 directors. After last night, they have 8 plus 1 other who is trying thinngs out to see how things go before committing. A maximum of 12 still stands with the new company.

Thanks for that.

Still upload your notes Tracy. I've just dealt with the points raised in the questions.[/quote

Will do but would till appreciate if you could glance over them, please ignore the typos as I will sort them out..damn iPad predictive texting and I you to fast for the keyboard..heheh

I emailed my comments to you at 1:02pm before sending the questions/replies separately.

Thanks Diego, i'm not getting at you personally as yourself and underdog are doing a fine job reporting back, but when will the new webmaster be taking over?

The names of the Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer should be readily available, it's important for members and those wishing to join to know just who is running the organisation.

Cant the names in these posts be shown on the Trust Facebook page or in main Trust thread on OWTB?.

We weren't told. We've waited years for a webmaster to knock it into shape, so I think a bit more patience is required.

Main concerns i have picked up from this thread.

Website/facebook etc. the new trust website which will be live in a few weeks will be the main info and contact point. Social media also prominent.

Membership. They are aware the membership figures are loose. Due to the lack of time and bodies. Rick is now membership officer and has 2 people to help him create a database. With contact details etc.

Communication. They admit this is a major issue and root cause of most issues. This is something i strongly agree with so i have volunteered my time to help rectify this problem and bring it to the good, clear lines we have with playershare. Anybody is free to get in touch with me if they want or arrange to meet me once i've spoken with the other directors to see what they want me to do with the role.

Finances. Smaller more local events are to be held with a more social element being used such as quizes and tournaments etc. especially with new stand going up.

Transparency. This is also key for me. Voting system changed to include members.

Another meeting is planned for 5 weeks to see progress. I encourage you all to attend.

I emailed my comments to you at 1:02pm before sending the questions/replies separately.

Thanks terry, been enjoying the sun instead of being attached to a keyboard..heheh, will ha a looksy give chance for anyone else to comment then will upload on here ta

With the greatest of respects to those putting in time and effort here (one of whom I consider to be a very good friend, I should stress) is the drive of the Trust's transparency and efforts not being slightly missed with talk of events (quizzes and the like) over how we improve the accountability of the Trust's board rep and the club as a whole (it seems worrying comments like "we're still negotiating on the stand's tenants" has gone completely unchallenged in a room full of Trust reps?!).

I appreciate community is important to build and these events will likely help with revenue creation - but I hope the bulk of the work from today forwards will be to make the Trust the powerful voice it needs to be and not a social club?

In other less negative news - this level of feed back is great to see and hopefully from today onwards will be the standard set by the Trust and not those who turn up. Either way, thanks to all concerned for the feedback.

With the greatest of respects to those putting in time and effort here (one of whom I consider to be a very good friend, I should stress) is the drive of the Trust's transparency and efforts not being slightly missed with talk of events (quizzes and the like) over how we improve the accountability of the Trust's board rep and the club as a whole (it seems worrying comments like "we're still negotiating on the stand's tenants" has gone completely unchallenged in a room full of Trust reps?!).

I appreciate community is important to build and these events will likely help with revenue creation - but I hope the bulk of the work from today forwards will be to make the Trust the powerful voice it needs to be and not a social club?

In other less negative news - this level of feed back is great to see and hopefully from today onwards will be the standard set by the Trust and not those who turn up. Either way, thanks to all concerned for the feedback.

Theres a few things that were mentioned (not sure if deigo/tracey has mentioed these, so posting to ensure)...

1. AGM minutes will go on trust site

2. Accounts will go on trust site

3. erm, something else I can't remember will go on too (might be the new rules & regs / constitution - more than 10 pages?)

As for the stand / occupiers / other commercial stuff, paul W made the point that you can't always say what's going on when you are still negotiating, and barry made the point that the club decides when it will announce club news. I can't say I disagree with these point. Even public bodies have a "commercially sensitive" get-out on freedom of information requests.

It's early days for what I see as the re-building of the trust and it will take time, but hopefully things will improve.

With the greatest of respect, if I was a potential or signed up tenant, I would not want my details going public through the builder in any meeting/ nor would I want, if I was the builder to let it be known that we had too few tenants signed up as of yet! It is clearly to me a time for silence on that matter, we will find out in good time!

With the greatest of respect, if I was a potential or signed up tenant, I would not want my details going public through the builder in any meeting/ nor would I want, if I was the builder to let it be known that we had too few tenants signed up as of yet! It is clearly to me a time for silence on that matter, we will find out in good time!

I would also think the club would take pride in announcing its own commercials partners itself.

The Trust isn't the club and vice versa.