Wesolowski vs Mvoto quotes

James Wesolowski, April 2014:

"I've been here three years now and I can see something good is happening. It's been slightly disappointing this season but there have been a lot of positive signs as well."
"We've started to get back to the stuff we were doing at the start of the season and we're playing our game again. It's promising and I'd love to stay here but it's just a case of getting everything sorted."

Jean Yves M'Voto, April 2013:

“The manager and chairman have not talked about it yet,” said Mvoto (24). “This week or maybe after the season, it will be a bit easier. I am happy here. I live in Manchester and know everything here, so why not? Let’s sit and talk.”

Edited by lookersstandandy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The real time for talking will be after we secure our safety for next season.

I'm still highly doubtful that Wes will stay, not that he has anything against the club but he will get better offers than us in June.

If he does stay it would be a great bit of loyalty from him.

If we get a decent offer for Smith which we probably will at some stage, we have the option to turn it down if we want regardless of whether he wants to go or not! For 12 months more at least.

If Wes get's any interest from a club where he would like to go, he can see out his contract with us and walk away...nothing we can do about it!

So yeah, it's easier to keep a player who is under contract than someone who isn't!

If we get a decent offer for Smith which we probably will at some stage, we have the option to turn it down if we want regardless of whether he wants to go or not! For 12 months more at least.

If Wes get's any interest from a club where he would like to go, he can see out his contract with us and walk away...nothing we can do about it!

So yeah, it's easier to keep a player who is under contract than someone who isn't!

And the 1 under contract is a far far better player

Where in any of my previous comments have I said he isn't?

I was merely stating that once we are safe we need to tie Wes down to a new contract!

ChaddySmoker just likes to harp on how he thinks Wes is :censored: hoping that someone will agree with him.

And the 1 under contract is a far far better player

Hasn't been this season Im afraid, wes is my player of the season has hardly had a bad game and improved no end, Korey has been shocking at times but has improved his game recently, its helped switching him to a more defensive midfielder its also allowed wes to get forward something he does better than korey.

Hasn't been this season Im afraid, wes is my player of the season has hardly had a bad game and improved no end, Korey has been shocking at times but has improved his game recently, its helped switching him to a more defensive midfielder its also allowed wes to get forward something he does better than korey.

This for me, I think Korey will be a better player than Wes, but he hasn't been this season.

Wes is :censored:ing ace, my favourite player this season, by a country mile.

He may not have the ability of say Gary Harkins but, if the rest of the squad played with his passion, effort and determination, we wouldn't be anywhere near our current league predicament.

this

Wes is :censored:ing ace, my favourite player this season, by a country mile.

He may not have the ability of say Gary Harkins but, if the rest of the squad played with his passion, effort and determination, we wouldn't be anywhere near our current league predicament.

Wes might well get player of the year which in itself will illustrate exactly why we are a lower half 3rd division team!

Well let us see how good the queue of clubs wanting to sign him at the season end is!

I think that you will then see that Wes is not 'effing ace.' Gary Harkins saved our season!

Wes might well get player of the year which in itself will illustrate exactly why we are a lower half 3rd division team!

Well let us see how good the queue of clubs wanting to sign him at the season end is!

I think that you will then see that Wes is not 'effing ace.' Gary Harkins saved our season!

:lol:

Never change.

And he puts it in where it hurts despite those facial injuries he suffered at Mansfield he still goes flying in with his head, that takes some balls, there probably will be a central midfielder pushing for a move shortly my feeling is it wont be wes.

When you you compared Smith and Wes at the start of the season, were your expectations for each the same? I doubt it

Or like most did you expect more from Smith who is clearly the better of the 2.

Wes has done well because of who he has played along side this season not in spite of.

I expected more from Smith but Wes has done OK. If I looked at Wes with the same expectation I had for Smith.....still not done enough.

If he isn't a massive earner, offer him a deal.If he is then players like him are ten a penny in league 1. I mentioned a few weeks back Oldham fans love a average work horse and then demand success.

Edited by palmer1