Wesolowski vs Mvoto quotes

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes is :censored:ing ace, my favourite player this season, by a country mile.

He may not have the ability of say Gary Harkins but, if the rest of the squad played with his passion, effort and determination, we wouldn't be anywhere near our current league predicament.

wot he said.

When you you compared Smith and Wes at the start of the season, were your expectations for each the same? I doubt it

Or like most did you expect more from Smith who is clearly the better of the 2.

Wes has done well because of who he has played along side this season not in spite of.

I expected more from Smith but Wes has done OK. If I looked at Wes with the same expectation I had for Smith.....still not done enough.

If he isn't a massive earner, offer him a deal.If he is then players like him are ten a penny in league 1. I mentioned a few weeks back Oldham fans love a average work horse and then demand success.

Smith obviously the better technical player, but there's more to the game than just technical ability.

Despite what his fanboys say, he went missing January-March, Wes has stuck his hand up all season.

Simple fact is if someone offers any of our players more money in a location they are happy to go then they will move on.

I like wes and hope the gaffer keeps him but if a Bradford come in and offer more he will be off.

This goes with any of our out of contract players

Smith obviously the better technical player, but there's more to the game than just technical ability.

Despite what his fanboys say, he went missing January-March, Wes has stuck his hand up all season.

OK how many years/seasons has he been here?

How many wanted him out not that long ago.

1 season with his "hand up" in 3 or 4 good enough now? Not for me it isn't.

Just had his best season ever at this club. Call me a synic but is that a coincidence when his contract was due up for renewal.

When we don't win for 8 games is that him doing well and just Smith doing nothing in the middle. You say Smith went missing. I see that as just going as much as Wes did he certainly wasnt worse. Smith set himself a standard to live up to, he didn't quite do that. People expect more from Smith. Wes didn't have that high a standard to reach did he?

Working hard and showing heart does not win promotion in fact it should be the minimum given.

Edited by palmer1

We dont need wes in the same way we dont need tarky baxter and mvoto why this fasination with not being able to recognise good players at bp its mystifying.

Tarky

Baxter.

Wes

Mvoto

Please don't group those players together. 2 are class in the making, the other 2 are average league 1 players. Mvoto proved that this season for those that had doubts

Edited by palmer1

OK how many years/seasons has he been here?

How many wanted him out not that long ago.

1 season with his "hand up" in 3 or 4 good enough now? Not for me it isn't.

Just had his best season ever at this club. Call me a synic but is that a coincidence when his contract was due up for renewal.

When we don't win for 8 games is that him doing well and just Smith doing nothing in the middle. You say Smith went missing. I see that as just going as much as Wes did he certainly wasnt worse. Smith set himself a standard to live up to, he didn't quite do that. People expect more from Smith. Wes didn't have that high a standard to reach did he?

Working hard and showing heart does not win promotion in fact it should be the minimum given.

If Smith is as good as you think he is then where were the big hitters in this league last summer when he was available?

Wes is player of the season by a mile, anyone who thinks different has been watching it wrong.

They must have been busy bidding for Wes eh?

We turned down a sizeable bid in January according to LJ.

Tarky is my player of the year. Does Wes win it by default because our best player this season left or because our second best player signed on loan in January?

Oh and WTF is a "fanboy". Someone who doesn't think a player who works hard is the be all and end all or someone who doesn't agree with you? Are you a "fanboy" for Wes?

Edited by palmer1

They must have been busy bidding for Wes eh?

We turned down a sizeable bid in January according to LJ.

Tarky is my player of the year. Does Wes win it by default because our best player this season left or because our second best player signed on loan in January?

Oh and WTF is a "fanboy". Someone who doesn't think a player who works hard is the be all and end all or someone who doesn't agree with you? Are you a "fanboy" for Wes?

Personal opinion of course but I like my player of the season to have actually played the whole season.

Fanboy - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboys&page=2

So you are a fanboy for Wes....thanks

Oldham fans love average players.

Not at all, merely suggesting that he's been the best and most consistent of a bad bunch.

Furman got absolute belters in his time here, has Smith been any better? Not for me.

He's arguably the best midfielder technically we've had since Stephens, two good feet, can see a pass, he should be tearing around the pitch running games for us, not seen much of that from him.

Edited by deyres42

Furman got absolute belters in his time here, has Smith been any better.

Has Wes? It is about opinions but not for me.

I believe I've seen far more from Smith than Furman showed near the end and from Wes overall who is average and that's my argument.He has done OK is another relegation battle which its been ever since he signed

Wes will be here next season, Smith won't. That should tell you all you need to know about our 2 midfielder. Both work hard but one will ultimately progress to a better level.

Wes, player of the year? Its the only thing he will ever win at Oldham.

Edited by palmer1

If Smith is as good as you think he is then where were the big hitters in this league last summer when he was available?

Wes is player of the season by a mile, anyone who thinks different has been watching it wrong.

How can someone watch it wrong? I have asked several people to give me reasons why Wes should be considered to be so important and they cannot do so!

The admirers say things like he chases about a lot, he jumps quite high for headers and even wins some of them despite his size !

Clubs don't pay lots for a water carrier! I want to see footballers.

Smith is far and away the better player of the 2-even some of the people backing Wes have actually admitted that!

We dont need wes in the same way we dont need tarky baxter and mvoto why this fasination with not being able to recognise good players at bp its mystifying.

At the beginning of the season did you join the section who wanted M'Voto to stay but weren't bothered about Tarky?

I didn't so your quote about not recognising good players may apply more to yourself than anyone else. We don't need Wes, we can get better if he leaves.

Why, who's going to come in for him? He's hardly improved since last summer, has he?

Whoever supposedly came in for him in late-January presumably. But with 6 months less left on Korey's contract from that time, and the fact that he can walk away for free in just over 12 months, means the club is probably going to accept the same offer it got in Jan, and might even accept something less.

Wes was part of one of the better sides that have been promoted from this league, it was an incredibly strong division that year. As for M'voto getting 'found out' in the championship that's a load of bollocks, too. Him, Jennings, Cranie and O'grady are the only players the majority of Barnsley fans want to keep, I was at their game with Bolton on Saturday and he was very impressive.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

Whoever supposedly came in for him in late-January presumably. But with 6 months less left on Korey's contract from that time, and the fact that he can walk away for free in just over 12 months, means the club is probably going to accept the same offer it got in Jan, and might even accept something less.

I'm very dubious over the legitimacy of that 'offer' to be honest, think it was thrown out there as a smokescreen.

I'm very dubious over the legitimacy of that 'offer' to be honest, think it was thrown out there as a smokescreen.

Typical of the modern day Oldham fan who believes things only when it suits

Edited by palmer1

Wes was part of one of the better sides that have been promoted from this league, it was an incredibly strong division that year. As for M'voto getting 'found out' in the championship that's a load of bollocks, too. Him, Jennings, Cranie and O'grady are the only players the majority of Barnsley fans want to keep, I was at their game with Bolton on Saturday and he was very impressive.

So was Kiegan Parker and both he and Wes were back in league 1 for the beginning of the season.

Just because Barnsley fans like him means :censored: all! He has been found out the league table shows it. Goals conceded left right and centre. He can cope at

League 1 level but not above so he should be OK next season with Barnsley in league 1.

Since when did you speak for the "majority" of Barnsley fans anyway? Is that what happens after going to one of their games

Edited by palmer1