Wesolowski vs Mvoto quotes

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So was Kiegan Parker and both he and Wes were back in league 1 for the beginning of the season.

Just because Barnsley fans like him means :censored: all! He has been found out the league table shows it. Goals conceded left right and centre. He can cope at

League 1 level but not above so he should be OK next season with Barnsley in league 1.

Since when did you speak for the "majority" of Barnsley fans anyway? Is that what happens after going to one of their games

You only have to search his name on Twitter or browse their forums to see how highly rated he is. He broke back into their team last month and has been solid ever since. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27048620?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter. Wes was never going to get into that Posh side, it had McCann, Boyd and Frecklington all competing for a place. There's no shame in that.

Oh, and Parker didn't leave Blackpool till a year after they were promoted.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

We haven't been a good team since 2007.

I'm very dubious over the legitimacy of that 'offer' to be honest, think it was thrown out there as a smokescreen.

In other words you believe what you want to and accept that we are and will remain a second rate club! You must love the bottom half of the 3rd division

We haven't been a good team since 2007.

I'm very dubious over the legitimacy of that 'offer' to be honest, think it was thrown out there as a smokescreen.

In other words you believe what you want to and accept that we are and will remain a second rate club! You must love the bottom half of the 3rd division

No, yes, no and no.

So you are a fanboy for Wes....thanks

Oldham fans love average players.

i think labelling wes as 'average' is harsh, or if he is average... what's the rest of the dross in our team? he's an accomplished league one player, playing for a league one club and playing well! and he's not just simply a 'work horse' he has a bit of class about him - only showed as much this season because LJ has given him the licence to do it, dickov never did! id rather have players constantly dishing out 8/10 performances then the occasional 10/10 and then go missing for a few week, with wes you get consistency and grit, 11 players with the same attitude as wes we'd be pushing on playoffs

Kieran let us just agree to disagree.

11 players like Wes and we would be pushing for the playoffs-----but in League 2 so perhaps if we still go down I will admit that I am wrong and change my view of him!

Who is the better midfielder, I and most would say K Smith. Have you ever thought that Korey is held back because Wes is not so good. The thing is we would really struggle without Korey, we wont without Wes as we could easily find on a free transfer someone to play the attacking role OR we could, again on a free transfer, sign a solid defensive midfielder and let Korey play the attacking role which, in my opinion, he is more suited to do. Then you would really see how good Korey is!

AND quite possibly the new player would be on less wages than Wes?

11 players like Wes and we would be pushing for the playoffs-----but in League 2 so perhaps if we still go down I will admit that I am wrong and change my view of him!

Who is the better midfielder, I and most would say K Smith. Have you ever thought that Korey is held back because Wes is not so good. The thing is we would really struggle without Korey, we wont without Wes as we could easily find on a free transfer someone to play the attacking role OR we could, again on a free transfer, sign a solid defensive midfielder and let Korey play the attacking role which, in my opinion, he is more suited to do. Then you would really see how good Korey is!

Held back by his teammates - one of them modern football cliches that gets spouted a lot, complete tosh.

OK how many years/seasons has he been here?

How many wanted him out not that long ago.

1 season with his "hand up" in 3 or 4 good enough now? Not for me it isn't.

Just had his best season ever at this club. Call me a synic but is that a coincidence when his contract was due up for renewal.

When we don't win for 8 games is that him doing well and just Smith doing nothing in the middle. You say Smith went missing. I see that as just going as much as Wes did he certainly wasnt worse. Smith set himself a standard to live up to, he didn't quite do that. People expect more from Smith. Wes didn't have that high a standard to reach did he?

Working hard and showing heart does not win promotion in fact it should be the minimum given.

When did anyone ever want him out?

He'll never be our best player but we'd be far better off if we had 10 more as honest as him.

Not at all, merely suggesting that he's been the best and most consistent of a bad bunch.

Furman got absolute belters in his time here, has Smith been any better? Not for me.

He's arguably the best midfielder technically we've had since Stephens, two good feet, can see a pass, he should be tearing around the pitch running games for us, not seen much of that from him.

Bad Smith never got anywhere as bad as Bad Furman.

of course korey is the better player or has the potential to be... but a couple on here have made out wes just to be a 'work horse' to me that's an undoubted ability that not many footballers have nowadays, you can teach a lad skill, you can't teach a lad the right attitude

How can someone watch it wrong? I have asked several people to give me reasons why Wes should be considered to be so important and they cannot do so!

The admirers say things like he chases about a lot, he jumps quite high for headers and even wins some of them despite his size !

Clubs don't pay lots for a water carrier! I want to see footballers.

Smith is far and away the better player of the 2-even some of the people backing Wes have actually admitted that!

Yes "they" can - plenty have on various threads you've posted on.

You just choose not to listen to them on their points.

#wesout

It seems one or two think we're Barcelona. Where only the 'attractive' footballer need apply, an we have a budget to entice all these wonderful players.

Korey is a better footballer than wes, but to categorise wes as a 'workhorse' or 'bang average' an someone who 'the average oldham fan likes' is generalising an completely misses the point. When we've played well they've complimented each other. At his best he drives us, an does the dirty work- which allows korey to get on the ball. One doesn't work without the other.

We're in league one. Funny how when we lost our best ball playing centre half an replaced with a 'carthorse' in Lockwood we kept more clean sheets. . Mmmm. You do what you have to. Every decent team has one or two no nonesense players. Wes an Lockwood are ours, an we're much better side for it. I may enjoy watching Harkins an smith more. But I definitely appreciate what wes brings.

Korey Smith and skill ???? He couldnt pick a forward pass for two month, wasnt putting it in in the tackle and didnt have a shot for two months, the reason we had a piss poor run is because he was carried and was exempt from critisism, everyone else got it jch brown mellor genseric but the real weak link was smith, everything was. going through him and he wasnt up to it wes is just another convinient scapegoat for the korey fan club who cant see the wood for the trees without wes carrying us we would be in the bottom 4 without a doubt.

I rate Smith very highly, but I agree with you on that.

Probably a case of "Dad, make a derisory bid for Korey and then we can reject it and tell the fans that we turned down a big bid from a Championship club..."

Perhaps those points might have been on posts as incomprehensible as yours above!

Ha!

AKA: you are not listening to reasoned and valid points people are posting, as you completely refuse to change your view on a player - regardless of stats, form or accolades.

That better?

#wesout

#smithforengland

Edited by slystallone

I rate Smith very highly, but I agree with you on that.

Probably a case of "Dad, make a derisory bid for Korey and then we can reject it and tell the fans that we turned down a big bid from a Championship club..."

Possibly - but wasn't it Millwall who made the bid, not Yeovil?

It seems one or two think we're Barcelona. Where only the 'attractive' footballer need apply, an we have a budget to entice all these wonderful players.

Korey is a better footballer than wes, but to categorise wes as a 'workhorse' or 'bang average' an someone who 'the average oldham fan likes' is generalising an completely misses the point. When we've played well they've complimented each other. At his best he drives us, an does the dirty work- which allows korey to get on the ball. One doesn't work without the other.

We're in league one. Funny how when we lost our best ball playing centre half an replaced with a 'carthorse' in Lockwood we kept more clean sheets. . Mmmm. You do what you have to. Every decent team has one or two no nonesense players. Wes an Lockwood are ours, an we're much better side for it. I may enjoy watching Harkins an smith more. But I definitely appreciate what wes brings.

Agree - The better teams comprise different types of player who complement each other and ultimately bring a balance to the side.

Tarky

Baxter.

Wes

Mvoto

Please don't group those players together. 2 are class in the making, the other 2 are average league 1 players. Mvoto proved that this season for those that had doubts

Went to watch Barnsley v bolton at the weekend Mvoto was a class above any Barnsley player. He bossed the back 4 made crunching tackles did what was needed. Barnsley fans believe they won't be able to keep him come August. Btw he scored as well Tuesday