I remember being at QPR in 1966. We had won 1-0.

When getting back on the coach to come home, someone threw one of those stand alone metal "No Parking" signs through the window of the coach behind us. I thought that was intimidating.

Nowadays the "No Parking" signs are plastic cones. No fun at all.

Ah... for the good old days

Intimidating was away at Sheffield Wednesday in the year of the riot. We were in their end with a small wall separating us. That was bad.

I remember it well. There weren't many of there that day. I still can't believe they put us in that tiny pen in the middle of the home support.

Maybe I've just always found myself in different groups to some of you arriving at and leaving grounds. How do you feel intimidated if you're surrounded by hundreds if not thousands of your own supporters? I know we're not exactly Millwall but a standard Oldham following also isn't a Church of England tea party. Stay in a big group, walk tall and you'll be fine. Break away and look as though you're crapping your pants and you'll become a target.

Rules of the playground.

Woof.

Best for me were/are

York away for that 1-1 draw and the Whittle free kick

Norwich for being a superb ground and a nice place to stay over

Orient for friendly fans and that old side stand they put us in!!

Either Notts simply for being near Hooters!!

Charlton for good fans and great ground

Remember being in Werneth station on my own after we played Tranmere on New Years day about 10 years ago. No-one else in the station except a couple of dozen or so Tranmere fans, some of who started shouting abuse and throwing beer cans at me, while the others - who were old enough to know better - stood watching and laughing. Sorry if it makes me a softarse but that was a bit intimidating.

Remember being in Werneth station on my own after we played Tranmere on New Years day about 10 years ago. No-one else in the station except a couple of dozen or so Tranmere fans, some of who started shouting abuse and throwing beer cans at me, while the others - who were old enough to know better - stood watching and laughing. Sorry if it makes me a softarse but that was a bit intimidating.

That doesn't make you a softarse. That makes them softarses.

Woof.

That doesn't make you a softarse. That makes them softarses.

Woof.

I got a bit angry and upset about it until I realised "you know what, if I had to live in Birkenhead I'd be a bit of a c**t as well".

Agree on Millwall Hughes game.

The other I remember from a few years ago when the OASIS lot went to the Swindon "firm's" pub after the game. Danny helped avoid an incident because he knew one of them from local footy. But I then had to spend half an hour pretending to be impressed while some idiot proudly recounted the highlights of his football violence CV

Agree on Millwall Hughes game.

The other I remember from a few years ago when the OASIS lot went to the Swindon "firm's" pub after the game. Danny helped avoid an incident because he knew one of them from local footy. But I then had to spend half an hour pretending to be impressed while some idiot proudly recounted the highlights of his football violence CV

Actually the only time I've been really preparing for it was from our own side when someone reported the racist abuse during the silence for Keith Alexander. Nasty times.

Stoke wasn't pleasant. They hate every away fan, big rival or otherwise.

I'd actually count Millwall as one of my favourite grounds - one of the first "new builds", yet has character, offers a great view of the game and generates some atmosphere. The fans are more angry than most, but always felt the bovver boys wouldn't really, well, bother with ickle Oldham.

The other four would be Peterborough (when we could stand on the terrace...), Preston, Wolves and probably West Ham.

It must be some sort of mirage but someone appears to have nominated Adams Park, Really??!1

I've been once. It was during the big freeze at Xmas 2009 and the valley the ground was in was covered in snow. It wad probably the most picturesque place I've seen a football game.

I've been once. It was during the big freeze at Xmas 2009 and the valley the ground was in was covered in snow. It wad probably the most picturesque place I've seen a football game.

Surely not better than this?

zjd9.jpg

Edited by rudemedic

You obviously didn't visit Maine Road after a handsome away win (or even draw) in the 80's and 90's and run the gauntlet down the Moss Side back passages, doggy.

Woof indeed.

Maine Road is genuinely the only time I've ever been truly :censored: scared coming away from a game.

My old man took me there with a couple of mates in tow as a 14 year old in 1999, and when we got to the ground, it was only just starting to fill up. As the old man disappeared into the stand to get a beer, me and my mates, collectively about 12 stone piss wet through, just stood in awe of the gargantuan size of the Kippax.

As I stared over, I clocked an old lady sat in there who must have easily been 65-70. She caught my eye and sort of raised her head to clock on - then casually flipped me the bird. A bit like this

tve100444-205-897.jpg

After match was like a war zone, if memory serves correct, they kept us in the ground for about 15 minutes, and we came out to be met by some very angry drongo Citeh fans. We just covered up our shirts, and legged it back to the car via flying fists, and the unpleasant image of seeing a man's teeth being knocked out right in front of me.

Needles to say, we had the last laugh, as a team actually containing Paul Rickers guided to us to one of my favourite ever wins.

Lovely stuff :smoking:

Edited by cheshire_latic