• Let go
  4. 4. Rhys Turner

• Keep
    • Let go
  5. 5. Danny Philliskirk

• Keep
    • Let go

For the record:

JCH, Philly and Turner are all under contract. As is Bove who you've missed out.

We have an option for Macdonald

Miller is out of contract

FWIW that is the way I'd vote too

Edited by rudemedic

Charlie's the only contentious one for me.

Possibly our smartest striker. The nouse to eek out a goal from nothing.

But an injury record that hasn't helped him and, to be honest, form that never quite returned after his December lay-off.

I'd probably let him go. Along with Millar.

Edited by opinions4u

clark harris has another year and not out of contract although it wouldn't suprise me if someone came in for him

A move at this stage would not suit us or JCH.

We'd lose a raw but potentially great prospect.

He'd be moving to his 5th club (including loans) before he turns 20, as well as moving away from a manager who has done a lot for him. Being settled at a club would enhance his progression a lot I'm sure.

A move at this stage would not suit us or JCH.

We'd lose a raw but potentially great prospect.

He'd be moving to his 5th club (including loans) before he turns 20, as well as moving away from a manager who has done a lot for him. Being settled at a club would enhance his progression a lot I'm sure.

This ^^

I'd like to see Turner play every minute once we're safe. He looked very good in that Tuesday night game he played in.

Assuming MacDonald is on decent money he has to go. Even if he'd take a paycut I'd rather us use the money elsewhere.

Philliskirk is our most over rated player in years but, he's our top scorer - he could be a world beater next season but will still bag 12 if he remains this average.

Edited by HarryBosch

I'd like to see Turner play every minute once we're safe. He looked very good in that Tuesday night game he played in.

Assuming MacDonald is on decent money he has to go. Even if he'd take a paycut I'd rather us use the money elsewhere.

Philliskirk is our most over rated player in years but, he's our top scorer - he could be a world beater next season but will still bag 12 if he remains this average.

I wouldn't say Philli is average. He's a young player still with few senior games. In effect this is his first season playing first team league football, would you say the same about any of our other youngsters if they'd manage to bag 12 in 43 games plus some assists? He has games where he is ineffective but he also has games where he's at the centre of everything. If this was any of our youngsters that hadn't had the initial hype and big move we'd be talking about what a great prospect they look and how well they've handled the first team. Look at Chris Taylor at 22 (having already got over 100 games under his belt in previous seasons) he played more games in the 08/09 season scoring less goals and making less assists. (10 goals to DP's 12, 2 assists to DP's 5)

In his overall play Philli at the moment isn't contributing as much as Taylor was at that time but with only this season to his name I think he's doing pretty well.

Agree re:McDonald, money being the deciding factor. I think he's potentially massively important to the development of JCH, Philli and Turner though, a really intelligent and down to earth footballer. If we can afford to keep him in a 'player-coach' capacity I think we should.

Edited by LeylandLatic

But an injury record that hasn't helped him and, to be honest, form that never quite returned after his December lay-off.

Agreed.

I wouldn't say Philli is average. He's a young player still with few senior games. In effect this is his first season playing first team league football, would you say the same about any of our other youngsters if they'd manage to bag 12 in 43 games plus some assists? He has games where he is ineffective but he also has games where he's at the centre of everything. If this was any of our youngsters that hadn't had the initial hype and big move we'd be talking about what a great prospect they look and how well they've handled the first team. Look at Chris Taylor at 22 (having already got over 100 games under his belt in previous seasons) he played more games in the 08/09 season scoring less goals and making less assists. (10 goals to DP's 12, 2 assists to DP's 5)

In his overall play Philli at the moment isn't contributing as much as Taylor was at that time but with only this season to his name I think he's doing pretty well.

It's hard to criticise him without sounding harsh, I know.

I think I've missed most, if not all, of his goals and been largely unimpressed but, his stats don't lie.

if he's bagged 12 in his first proper season he could notch 20+ next year, especially if we're a better side.

I've been pretty disappointed in Charlie MacDonald TBH. The "fox in the box" has missed far too many chances that he really should have done better with for my liking.

Added i to that, an injury & fitness record that's been pretty woeful and he hasnt realy justified his wage this season for me, regardless of how nice a chap his & how good in the dressing room etc.

Millar should be released, not made it and doesnt look like ever will really.

JCH, Philliskirk, Turner and Bove need supplementing with 1 stella (for us) striker signing for next season

If we are gonna play 1 up and Turner and Bove are gonna move up whats the point of signing another bench warmer JCH philly turner and bove with charlie and miller released would do for me spend the money on harkins/worral/byrom and another winger pref with pace.

What've you got in mind for him - looking after the website?

I must have seen the best and missed the worst of him, but I have seen a player who is properly fast and is prepared to attack a fullback and deliver a decent first time cross off either foot. If that's not something to work on I don't know what is.

MacDonald hasn't lived up to expectations and his injury record doesn't do him any favours. He'll be, what, 33 next season? That's not exceptionally old but, if he's only managed a fraction of the season this time round, it doesn't augur well for another campaign.

Millar, for me, never has been and never will be a striker. He's one of the longer serving players at the club and still hasn't hit the high spots. There's a reason he's not been a first team regular, no matter who the manager has been. He's not good enough.

JCH we have to keep. He's got a hell of a lot of potential and, don't forget, he's still only 19. If we can keep him for another season or two, we'll have a cracking player on our hands.

Rhys Turner? Who knows? He's an unknown quantity and won't play again this season, so let's keep him and see if he's the one to save us plunging into the transfer market for another striker.

Danny P is not, for me, an out and out striker. He's more of a central midfielder/No10 who can chip in with a fair old number of goals. keep him, but don't depend on him as a striker.