Boring boring Oldham

First game I've seen since January, so not the best return to BP, but I can see how they're trying to play and we never looked like conceding.

We never looked like scoring either though, but Coventry were only interested in the 0-0 so made it hard.

Hope Carlisle will be better next week!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a 0-0 written all over it.Both teams looked content to play out a draw,given their positions in the league.Noone seemed looking to bust a gut with any great urgency,Worrall and Wes aside maybe.Understandable though that getting at least a point today was more important than entertaining the crowd with free-flowing waves of attacking football.

Disappointed that we closed the whole RRE to accomodate only 500 Coventry fans after the best home atmosphere of the season, against Brentford. Poor following from their lot - we took more to Northampton.

Today we learnt, as if we didn't already know, that investment for a couple of strikers has to be top of the shopping list. Defence again looked impenetrable.

Edited by NewBlue

Funny. Thought we were decent. Seen a hell of a lot worse at home (this season included).

Did have a bit of an end of season feel to it. Did the 4th official put the added time board up? Seemed like the ref just blew to me.

What happened in the chaddy towards the end?

Rachubka's kicking was a bit dodgy, possibly Grounds best LB performance of the season, Lockwood his usual self, Wilson decent, Brown good again - he could be anything next season if Johnson can improve the attacking side of his game.

Harkins huffed and puffed before being taken off - was he injured? Worrall was alright, Wes was Wes, Smith had another good game getting and passing forward regularly. Dayton did ok.

Clarke Harris didn't do much, Philliskirk just can't stop turning, he should change his name by deed poll and we could have two Turner's upfront next season. MacDonald looked up for it and did well again, albeit without scoring.

It was an odd game - :censored:e but without any particularly bad performances. Nothing to get too upset about at this stage of the game.

seriously ?

bad management from club to shut rre to home fans.

coventry attendance was dire.

if we are in chaddy for sheff we have to be in rre for notts.

89th minute fight in chaddy end was most entertainmet of the game.

don't bring you kids if you don't want hem to hear swearing. don't fight with adults if they have brought kids. numpties.com

until I win the lotto it's going to be the RRE for me from now on.

7 unbeaten and we still have people moaning. We had the clear cut chances they didn't so how does your theory of parking the bus work? Like someone said before people have moaned that we haven't looked solid, we have kept another clean sheet today. Thought Wilson was outstanding, think worrall is far too lightweight thought JCH looked tired all game today. Not his usual self roll on Saturday.

Edited by adamoafc

It wasn't entertaining, but definitely not a lot to grumble about. We're toughening up - it's the kind of game we would have lost 1-0 earlier in the season.

Scrappy 1-0 wins is what successful teams in this division become good at and we were only the run-of-the-ball away from one of those kind of wins today.

89th minute fight in chaddy end was most entertainmet of the game.

don't bring you kids if you don't want hem to hear swearing. don't fight with adults if they have brought kids. numpties.com

This. Should have been sat in the family section across the Chaddy. Not even sure they were his kids. He didn't want the kids hearing swearing, but he didn't seen to mind them seeing him brawling like a pub drunk.

C'mon guys what happened with the fight? need more info and the stats please.

Could have done with a fight with the woman who sits behind us in main stand lower.

Sits down for match every week and starts talking about the bleeding washing machine thats broke and what she has bought this week!

Never watches a minute of the match!

Mad Cow!

C'mon guys what happened with the fight? need more info and the stats please.

Could have done with a fight with the woman who sits behind us in main stand lower.

Sits down for match every week and starts talking about the bleeding washing machine thats broke and what she has bought this week!

Never watches a minute of the match!

Mad Cow!h

The arguement started about 20 mins previous to the fight.I was evesdropping on the conversation.He had told the guy to stop swearing as kids where in the section.???Next thing he was flying over the seats.Its a tricky one.I try to hold swearing in if kids are right next to me but sometimes you cant.Agree with the postman.You will never stop people swearing.Dont try.The kids did not belong to the guy who was making a fuss about the swearing.

Edited by Haggis1976

Not been for a while and enjoyed the game today. Back four look solid and new goalie much better than Oxley. Latter a good shot stopper, but that was about it. Wes and Korey excellent, Harkins was marked out of the game (2 on him from the off). JCH did what he had to do. Worral, Philiskirk and Dayton did ok, but not goal scorers, need too much time on the ball. Defo need striker for next season. Goals are only going to come from good luck with this side.