• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn.

Don't want to get moved, pay more money (or in your case the same amount of money) and sit somewhere else.

This is a silly argument. Price is irrelevant, people want to sit in the RRE because it is their favourite stand, not because it's cheaper. And the fact that the club are choosing to close the stand for matches where teams are clearly going to bring less than 1000 fans, in the case of Coventry and probably Sheffield United too, is daft and unnecessary.

After the atmsophere generated at Brentford in the RRE, and the fact that it has kicked off several times in the Chaddy when the RRE has been closed, it's even more stupid.

Edited by NewBlue

If Notts County go down to the wire, which it could easily do given their form and Latics had to turn away just the 1501st Notts County fan because the RRE lot can't be bothered moving then there is an issue.

Notts County are the only team that'll need the lot (providing they need a result to stay up) Coventry were never going to bring more than 1,600 and Sheffield United won't, either.

Notts County are the only team that'll need the lot (providing they need a result to stay up) Coventry were never going to bring more than 1,600 and Sheffield United won't, either.

Coventry could have brought a lot more if their form hadn't tailed off.

Sheffield United is one of their closest games, they get 17,000 at home. I'd be disappointed if they brought less than 1000 minimum. They brought 2500 last year.

its almost like people don't know this might happen.

How can that be after several seasons of having to move when a team may potentially put more away fans in there than home fans.

and yet, every time this happens there is a new thread saying the same thing.

why? did you not know this might happen? is it that big a deal? can you get beer in the chaddy now? do acoustics mean that much to you?

Sheffield United is one of their closest games, they get 17,000 at home. I'd be disappointed if they brought less than 1000 minimum. They brought 2500 last year.

didn't really bring many to tranmere and they needed the win. A Tuesday night makes it worse after a expensive month for them

They were either first or second then, a cold Tuesday night with nothing to play for will see 1,000 maximum.

If County still need a win on the last day they won't bring over 3,000 so the club could of given us the small section.

If Notts County go down to the wire, which it could easily do given their form and Latics had to turn away just the 1501st Notts County fan because the RRE lot can't be bothered moving then there is an issue.

But the small section holds 1600 so that 1501st fan wouldn't be a problem.

Love how people knew that Coventry weren't going to bring more than 1000 or 1500, when their average away attendance is 1600+ see http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/45051-league-one-average-crowds-201314/?hl=average

Bury probably used the same logic most of you lot are using last season and we know how that worked out.

Sheff U and Notts County can easily bring 1500+. Give them the whole stand so we aren't having to either delay kick-off, something that the league certainly won't appreciate on the last day or have to lock some fans out, costing the club money. Or have to pay more in police costs.

Like Palmer1 says you know you could be moved when you brought your ST, it was always likely to happen for Cov, and Sheff U, and whoever we are playing on the last day if they have something to play for. The fact that a serious accident delayed many of Cov's fans on the M6, means that their attendance was significantly reduced. But I forget this is OWTB and facts have no place here and everyone knows that the RRE is the pinnacle of football watching stands.

If County still need a win on the last day they won't bring over 3,000 so the club could of given us the small section.

But the small section holds 1600 so that 1501st fan wouldn't be a problem.

No it doesn't. Unless you have a reputable source to confirm otherwise. The RRE small section was deemed to be less than 15% of our capacity (10638) (so less than 1595) which is why we had to give the Scousers the big section for the cup games.

Like Palmer1 says you know you could be moved when you brought your ST, it was always likely to happen for Cov, and Sheff U, and whoever we are playing on the last day if they have something to play for. The fact that a serious accident delayed many of Cov's fans on the M6, means that their attendance was significantly reduced. But I forget this is OWTB and facts have no place here and everyone knows that the RRE is the pinnacle of football watching stands.

You don't seem to understand that the RRE is the pinnacle stand to watch football at BP from for those who choose to sit in there, so I don't understand why you find it so difficult to realise why fans are slightly frustrated about moving when it's unnecessary. Few have qualms when Preston bring 3000, but for 500 fans it's ridiculous.

Here are some facts: by Friday Coventry had sold 400 tickets and brought 500 fans to BP last season. Their away support average includes 8000 to MK Dons which has inflated the amount significantly. Ergo anybody with logic knew they wouldn't bring over the capacity of the small section.

Sheffield United took 1100 to Tranmere on a Saturday, they now effectively have nothing to play for and it's a Tuesday night so logic would dictate they bring enough to fit in the small section of the RRE.

Facts do have a place and so does logic, and that's why the RRE should've been open.

Edited by NewBlue

What's wrong with what I said? I think County will bring more than the small section if they need a result to stay up.

But giving us the small section increases the police bill, taking money out of the budget elsewhere. I'd rather keep a player or two than have to pay the cops more so the RRE is open for home fans.

Incidentally an increased police bill might stop the "traditional" end of season pitch invasion, so that might be beneficial.

But giving us the small section increases the police bill, taking money out of the budget elsewhere. I'd rather keep a player or two than have to pay the cops more so the RRE is open for home fans.

Incidentally an increased police bill might stop the "traditional" end of season pitch invasion, so that might be beneficial.

My point was the only time the club will need to move fans is for the visit of Notts (and that's if they need a result) there's no way Sheffield United will bring more than the small section and Coventry were never going to, either.

No it doesn't. Unless you have a reputable source to confirm otherwise. The RRE small section was deemed to be less than 15% of our capacity (10638) (so less than 1595) which is why we had to give the Scousers the big section for the cup games.

'away fans only get a section of the Rochdale Road End, sponsored by Leesfield Developments. The stand, built in 1992, holds 4,609 and is split (with some seats lost for the segregation zone) 2,989 / 1,620.' (http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/asp/opposition/oldham.asp)

'A minimum of 1,600 can be catered for' (http://www.tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/oldham.html#Stadium%20Information)

Used to be a bit on the club website about capacity of the stands, but can't find it since the update.