• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus.

What? Should we just be expected to keep bending over and taking it. It's not like we're paying peanuts, if I'm paying £20 to watch 3rd tier football the least I expect is the privilege of sitting where I want to sit. Until the club realise this, they'll continue losing supporters.

What? Should we just be expected to keep bending over and taking it. It's not like we're paying peanuts, if I'm paying £20 to watch 3rd tier football the least I expect is the privilege of sitting where I want to sit. Until the club realise this, they'll continue losing supporters.

So you want to sit with the away fans then do you, that's a very easy way to get yourself a criminal record, if not worse.

the fact is the club don't seem to care about home fans in general let alone the verliners. I was gonna purchase an ST in there next year but now won't bother. trying to get the crowd going in the chaddy i like pulling teeth.

well done latics epic fail.

same here whats the point, ask us to get behind the team applaude us for doing it then upset people by not letting us back in there will pay on the day when it suits from now on, club want it every which way and its forever messing its own fans around, if they want to see what that does for home support they should take a trip to Bury a club who up until yhis year had the same attitude

I'm not moaning about being moved.

I'm irritated about the small section of the RRE not being utilised when we are moved. Part of the initial sales pitch was that it would be.

Why does it increase the police bill?

That was probably before the club noticed how much it costs to let the home fans sit in the small section, probably affected by those games when there has been some disorder between home and away fans, in the RRE. The club know the home sections aren't going to be sold out, so why pay the extra? Hence why home fans were allowed in for the cup games against the Scousers last season, as otherwise the home sections would have been sold out. As to it being part of the initial sales pitch, was that this season, or was it other seasons? As I think in previous seasons the small section has been used more readily for home fans than it has this season.

As to why it increases the police bill because the police probably give those games a higher categorisation because of the trouble in the past. I do wonder if the fact that Rotherham brought 1300 and filled the small section, possibly slightly unexpectedly, has affected the decision making for these games. The club may have decided to take the least worst option and shut the RRE to away fans, having been told to do so by the cops, in order to save money.

Now if only we had an ex-policeman, a former Supt. of a special squad that deals with this sort of thing, on the board. Oh wait...

Well if you're paying £20, then you're paying on the day. Sitting where you want to sit, presumably the big section of the RRE, has away fans in it. So you want to sit with the away fans?

I'm saying home fans should still be in the RRE, as you well know. The club could charge us £50 and make us sit on metal spikes and some fans would still accept it. "If you don't like it don't go". Great attitude.

I'm saying home fans should still be in the RRE, as you well know. The club could charge us £50 and make us sit on metal spikes and some fans would still accept it. "If you don't like it don't go". Great attitude.

Well if home fans are in the RRE where are the away fans going to sit? The Chaddy, sure fine by me, but not fine for the cops who have a massive say in it, nor presumably fine by those fans who sit in the Chaddy and pay an extra £20 per ST, which itself makes a significant sum for the club than those in the RRE do.

I hate to break it to you but after next season, I doubt you'll be able to watch from the big section of the RRE, unless you really do like sitting with the away fans.

Last time I checked the RRE has a small section too. Unless you think County are going to fill it. I'm not paying £20 to sit in a decrepit stand with an appalling view and no atmosphere. I can't justify it, I've got more important things to spend money on.

Now why didn't you say that before?

I'm very disappointed with the clubs decision, I've been meaning to sit in the Rocky for the last couple of months, but I've never been given the chance to. I don't think people are too bothered when we've expected a big away following it's when we do it against Crawley or when only 500 Coventry fans turn up when it gets people backs up. I think the only way the club will listen is if we sell more season tickets in the Rocky next season than what we normally do, it'll be harder for them to move the home fans in that case.

Last time I checked the RRE has a small section too. Unless you think County are going to fill it. I'm not paying £20 to sit in a decrepit stand with an appalling view and no atmosphere. I can't justify it, I've got more important things to spend money on.

Appalling view?

It's the same as from the RRE except for the couple of relatively thin pillars that may be in your way of a couple of areas of the pitch. On that occasion you may need to move your head from side to side but fortunately as human beings we have necks for that.

Sometimes I really do wonder about the modern football fan.

Edited by jsslatic

I'm a RRE season ticket holder and if this benefits the club in some way I'm happy to support it, especially if I can have a beer in the Chaddy.

Again, this is the sort of attitude I like and would upboat you more than once for it, if I could.

As to why it increases the police bill because the police probably give those games a higher categorisation because of the trouble in the past. I do wonder if the fact that Rotherham brought 1300 and filled the small section, possibly slightly unexpectedly, has affected the decision making for these games. The club may have decided to take the least worst option and shut the RRE to away fans, having been told to do so by the cops, in order to save money.

Now if only we had an ex-policeman, a former Supt. of a special squad that deals with this sort of thing, on the board. Oh wait...

But the police bill would be the same if we were in the large section, Notts County in the small and vice versa. What you are saying is that the costs would be lower by moving us. Cost cutting. There's a point when cost cutting loses you money by annoying fans into not bothering any more. I know we pay less but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

The fact is, in any other walk of life if you paid £20 for the kind of experience we get on a match day would you consider it value for money? I know I wouldn't, yet people will keep happily paying it and keep happily getting moved about out of some kind of misguided loyalty. Whatever happened to football clubs putting the fans first? Anyway, that's just me.