• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once the new stand goes up this argument will be redundant .

as it was like in the lookers side nearest to the away end will be where it's at.

when your facing there fans is better than side by side

and if anyone on here remembers Cardiff Swansea stoke an Burnley they'll know what I mean

a good three hundred in that side of the new stand an the atmosphere will be top draw

It won't be though. The club will have an extra stand to be open so the discussion of what opens on a normal matchday comes up. Wouldn't be surprised to see the RRE go back to being away fans only in all honesty...

as it was like in the lookers side nearest to the away end will be where it's at.

when your facing there fans is better than side by side

and if anyone on here remembers Cardiff Swansea stoke an Burnley they'll know what I mean

a good three hundred in that side of the new stand an the atmosphere will be top draw

Adults.

looking into the chaddy against brentford it did look a depressing dark hole, with figure which can best be described as cardboard cutouts, inspiring me thinks not but if thats gonna move us forward crack on, a club with some fans in the dark ages, keep them happy dont worry why the thousands of others dont bother or would prefer an away day.

By and large, home fans don't want to sit in the away end even if it is a utopia (it isn't. It's a no frills stand with basic facilities. I think that's how the press release about it described it before it was built.) For 15 of the 16 league games that home fans could go in it, it has been about 1/4 full. Some games, like Rotherham, there can't have been more than 400 in. The biggest crowd in there was Brentford, and even then it was no more than half full. So for plenty of games where fans have a choice to sit in there, they aren't choosing it en masse.

They most certainly shouldn't be moved out of there for some (probably any) games though. It pisses of fans who do want to sit in there and and usually there's no real need for it.

But fans who turn up every week and want to sit in the home end aren't holding the club back. And the Chaddy End being the home stand isn't costing us thousands of fans. The gaping hole that is finally being filled and 17 years of third division football with little prospect of promotion is what has been costing us thousands of fans.

As a RRE season ticket holder x2, myself and my son move, as and when required, we know this is going to happen so we relocate to the MSU. The legroom aint brilliant but it is a good viewing stand. I would think next season we may try the Lookers when we are asked to move when the weather is forecast decent.

If we god forbid get promoted the RRE is going to be away fans only for the simple reason that the Chaddy is the traditional home end and it will stay that way, and I for 1 do not have a problem with that.

We think these threads are bad - imagine it in a year or two when they ask Main Standers to move to the new stand for a game.......

LJ "Because of its roof and the acoustics the lads can hear all the moaning loud and clear - if we stick them in the new stand with no roof the gripes will just float away into the sky......."

I think the club are vindicated on this one.

They may not bring 3,000 but it may come close. It wouldn't surprise me if this changes to pay on the gate on Thursday/Friday and the small section is there as an overflow if needs be.

Maybe the solution is to charge Season Ticket Holders extra instead of discounting for the RRE with the guarantee that they don't get moved at all during the season?

The extra costs can go towards subsidising losses from shutting out away fans in certain games because we get if we're lucky 4000 home fans in a 10000 stadium. Leaving 6000 empty seats but no room for any more away fans.

By and large, home fans don't want to sit in the away end even if it is a utopia (it isn't. It's a no frills stand with basic facilities. I think that's how the press release about it described it before it was built.) For 15 of the 16 league games that home fans could go in it, it has been about 1/4 full. Some games, like Rotherham, there can't have been more than 400 in. The biggest crowd in there was Brentford, and even then it was no more than half full. So for plenty of games where fans have a choice to sit in there, they aren't choosing it en masse.

They most certainly shouldn't be moved out of there for some (probably any) games though. It pisses of fans who do want to sit in there and and usually there's no real need for it.

But fans who turn up every week and want to sit in the home end aren't holding the club back. And the Chaddy End being the home stand isn't costing us thousands of fans. The gaping hole that is finally being filled and 17 years of third division football with little prospect of promotion is what has been costing us thousands of fans.

I think the Brentford game was a big eye opener to some of us and showed what the ground can be like with a half decent vocal support in there. But on the other hand, like you said, the other 15 games this season it has been empty and I beleive that this has made the decision for the club. If you want to stay in the RRE then I beleive you have to put your money where your mouth is, the club is a buisness at the end of the day, if more fans buy season tickets in the Chaddy then it's a no brainer as to which stand gets the priority. I for one will probably move in there next season, but I have a feeling it will be the last time I will be given the opportunity

Notts County just tweeted 2100 sold, if they sell their remaining 900 sounds like it's going to be our biggest attendance this season beating the Bradford game of 7180.

It should be a good end to the season. It would be nice to win...

Big crowd and hopefully a shot at a top half/ten finish - I sincerely hope we send out a full strength team.

Was the side at Orient full strength last year? I recall Truelove and Gossett playing but Millar was playing well at the time so his selection was well deserved.

Big crowd and hopefully a shot at a top half/ten finish - I sincerely hope we send out a full strength team.

Was the side at Orient full strength last year? I recall Truelove and Gossett playing but Millar was playing well at the time so his selection was well deserved.

and trulove played well