• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had been needing a point to ensure safety, I think they'd have been limited to 3000. However, now we don't I can see them being given more tickets, or allowing some POTG.

Either way despite all the brouhaha in this thread initially the club have gotten this decision right, something that might have surprised the majority initially but some have been right from the start.

Either way despite all the brouhaha in this thread initially the club have gotten this decision right, something that might have surprised the majority initially but some have been right from the start.

There's nothing right about closing off a stand to home supporters where you have a) already sold them season tickets there and B) only have 3 stands to begin with.

If we had been needing a point to ensure safety, I think they'd have been limited to 3000. However, now we don't I can see them being given more tickets, or allowing some POTG.

Making it all ticket seems to have had the effect of almost panic buying. If it'd been pay on the day, they'd have sold easily less than 1000 probably about 500.

Decent income for us from County.

This is far from a 'I told you so' moment.

The club hedged its best and it's paid off - fair play.

But had we lost on Saturday, we'd have been left with two home games - the biggest games in the club's history arguably given the impact relegation would have had.

And for those games, we'd have given away the whole of the loudest stand.

Not only would Notts have had a sell-out away following, they'd have know both teams could only hear their fans.

All ifs and buts and this isn't a dig at the club as decisions have to be made in advance.

But just because we're safe and Notts are selling out doesn't mean those that questioned the decision are silly.

The bottom line remains.

New stand or no new stand.

Traditional or non-tradition.

Alcohol or no alcohol.

We continue to give the loudest stand to the opposition.

I would love a blistering run of home form or another 'trial' to prove me wrong.

I'd love the manager and players' honest views to be otherwise.

But the point above does nail it: if ppl want an atmosphere at Boundary Park where our players can hear us - sold out away following or 50 men and a dog - plenty of RRE season tickets have to start selling.

There's nothing right about closing off a stand to home supporters where you have a) already sold them season tickets there and B) only have 3 stands to begin with.

This is far from a 'I told you so' moment.

The club hedged its best and it's paid off - fair play.

But had we lost on Saturday, we'd have been left with two home games - the biggest games in the club's history arguably given the impact relegation would have had.

And for those games, we'd have given away the whole of the loudest stand.

Not only would Notts have had a sell-out away following, they'd have know both teams could only hear their fans.

All ifs and buts and this isn't a dig at the club as decisions have to be made in advance.

But just because we're safe and Notts are selling out doesn't mean those that questioned the decision are silly.

The bottom line remains.

New stand or no new stand.

Traditional or non-tradition.

Alcohol or no alcohol.

We continue to give the loudest stand to the opposition.

I would love a blistering run of home form or another 'trial' to prove me wrong.

I'd love the manager and players' honest views to be otherwise.

But the point above does nail it: if ppl want an atmosphere at Boundary Park where our players can hear us - sold out away following or 50 men and a dog - plenty of RRE season tickets have to start selling.

Yawn.

Don't want to get moved, pay more money and sit somewhere else.

My response hasn't changed from the second post.

Neither have plenty of other peoples, doesn't make our opinion any less right or wrong.

It makes the FACT, not opinion, that RRE season tickets are £20 cheaper to compensate for having to move for around a quarter of the games, still a fact though.

Making it all ticket seems to have had the effect of almost panic buying. If it'd been pay on the day, they'd have sold easily less than 1000 probably about 500.

Decent income for us from County.

Quite possibly, don't think their numbers on Saturday will have ended up being significantly different though.

It makes the FACT, not opinion, that RRE season tickets are £20 cheaper to compensate for having to move for around a quarter of the games, still a fact though.

Aye, they do want 15 quid of that back off you next season though if you have the cheek to want to use the finance option.

• 11 months later...