Player of the Season

Can't find a thread on this so thought i'd start one.

(Mods - if there actually is a thread for this topic, then feel free to consign this to the file marked 'bin'! )

Player of the season then?

Votes can be cast on the Latics Wall on the offical site, on twitter or facebook, or by emailing Gordon or the new web monkey.

I've just emailed both of them with my vote.

For me - the stand out entry is James Wesolowski.

Wes have been a model of consistency all season for me, has upped his game to another notch, added some vital / valuable goals this season, and generally has been one of the few players to produce on a consistent basis.

Sure others will have different nominations, but for me, its Wes for player of the season.

Can't find a thread on this so thought i'd start one.

(Mods - if there actually is a thread for this topic, then feel free to consign this to the file marked 'bin'! )

Player of the season then?

Votes can be cast on the Latics Wall on the offical site, on twitter or facebook, or by emailing Gordon or the new web monkey.

I've just emailed both of them with my vote.

For me - the stand out entry is James Wesolowski.

Wes have been a model of consistency all season for me, has upped his game to another notch, added some vital / valuable goals this season, and generally has been one of the few players to produce on a consistent basis.

Sure others will have different nominations, but for me, its Wes for player of the season.

Agreed, voted Wes on the LaticsWall.

Isn't Kieran Lee the only player to win player of the season in ages and still be at the club come the end of the next season? Where he won player of the year again, and then left.

We're now at a point where they leave before the accolade is awarded (Tarky)!

I've gone for grounds just ahead of Wes, reason being is in a defence that has been chopped and changed all season he has been a consistent 7/8 every game whether playing at left back or centre half, it already looks like Wes winning it is a foregone conclusion but I think it would be nice to see grounds pick up at least one of the awards

I've gone for grounds just ahead of Wes, reason being is in a defence that has been chopped and changed all season he has been a consistent 7/8 every game whether playing at left back or centre half, it already looks like Wes winning it is a foregone conclusion but I think it would be nice to see grounds pick up at least one of the awards

Grounds for an award?

Best passer?

Monday was the first decent game Grounds has had since before Christmas most weeks Id have him as a 6/10 for the money he is on distribution is poor and positioning isnt great at times, I do like the balance he brings to the team with his left peg but if I had a choice of Mills or Grounds it would be Mills all day long, the only case I can make against Wes is Harkins but to be fair as much as he has brightened up our matchdays Wes deserves it for his desire effort and consistency.

What a strange season.

None of the now first choice eleven have been particularly poor despite our league position yet when you try to pick a player of the season nobody really deserves it.

Wesolowski edges it I suppose but he's not put in a single match winning performance (I know he's not that type of player, but....).

He has been consistent and dependable though & has chipped in a few goals. And done so after winning his place back when many of us thought he'd be off.

The award should have been Smiths by a country mile had he not been possessed by the ghost of Captain Sideways for most of the season.

What a strange season.

None of the now first choice eleven have been particularly poor despite our league position yet when you try to pick a player of the season nobody really deserves it.

Wesolowski edges it I suppose but he's not put in a single match winning performance (I know he's not that type of player, but....).

He has been consistent and dependable though & has chipped in a few goals. And done so after winning his place back when many of us thought he'd be off.

The award should have been Smiths by a country mile had he not been possessed by the ghost of Captain Sideways for most of the season.

Excellent post, it probably just highlights how poor our team have become in the lower half of the 3rd division!

Thanks! That is probably the best reason that anyone has come up with to vote for the talentless midget

No worries.. In all seriousness though he is my player of the season. Duxbury's remembered fondly by a lot of people on here for the same reasons. No doubt we have better 'footballers' in the squad without Wes battling week in week out, I've little doubt we'd be lower down the table.