2013-2014 Alternative End of Season Awards

RM you must have a boring life at the moment for you to be trawling through months of posts to find that...

1.) I have the decency to call you by your username on here, please do the same, especially as it is part of the rules (or was the last time I looked at them).

2.) I don't have to trawl through months of posts to find it, I knew a rough title of the post, and used to search button to find it, took me as long as writing this response to you has done. I've made a living by being able to do far more complicated internet searches, so a search on here is a piece of cake in comparison and I had my 15 minutes of fame, including trending on the site that you found out my proper surname, through my memory of knowledge, but you should already know that.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's joint "Truelove Is Hard To Find/Spot The Purdie Award" for injury proneness goes to Genseric Kusunga.

Went to see my local team (Tamworth) play last Friday night against Hereford...was a guest of one of the owners, free tickets etc

Anyway, Hereford's number 7 was Mr Purdie who played the whole game....absolutely gash though and went missing for longer periods than he did at our place. Hereford likely to get relegated and even in the Combination North League he'll be punching above his weight.

Cannot believe we paid the bloke a wage...WTF?!

The Ronny Rosenthal "How Did He Miss That?" Award - Schidney Schmeltz

Ooh i don't know, Charlie MacDonald for most of his decent chances all season must surely be the winner of that award?

Sidney's roll towards the goal should be some sort of comedy award, it was that bad is what genius!

The I snogged a ref award goes too...Connor brown

Fight with a barber and lost award goes too....wessy the Mohican

The worse Xmas carol singing award goes to...the entire team

Best 45mins or what the chuff happened game.....Peterborough

We was robbed award.....well too many to mention.

This is fun...what else can we come up with...

Honoury award for best distraction tactic from opposition fans.....port vale away, the jenny warburton wannabe with the leopard skin outfit that kept wiggling past the goaline and distracting most if us latics, that we missed the vale goal going in....heheh

Edited by underdog

The Alan Hardy 'Nice Bit of Business' Award goes to Lee Johnson for selling Latics' best player and last season's top goalscorer, Jose Baxter and convincing the fans that Baxter was a luxury player who didn't fit in anywhere.

The Danny Boshell 'Legend in His Own Mind' Award goes to Simon Corney for his nomination of himself for a gold brick in the new stand.

The "Bat:censored: Celebration" Award nominations are:

Genseric Kusunga Vs Peterborough - Pure ecstasy at scoring the 5th and final goal for Latics that he tries knock out the air in front of him multiple times before jumping into the crowd and initiate a pile on from most of the team!

Connor Brown Vs Colchester - After scoring his 1st career goal he does the only thing he should do...run as fast as he can in a big circle until he falls face first into the turf!

Jonson Clarke-Harris Vs Mansfield - Scoring the goal that puts your team on the way to Anfield should give you a good enough buzz right? Not JCH! He's only satisfied when he's slapped a child in the face too!

Connor Brown Vs Peterborough - Bear Hugging and kissing the ref. 'Nuff said!

Lee Johnson Vs Peterborough - Textbook Snow Angel in the mud!

Went to see my local team (Tamworth) play last Friday night against Hereford...was a guest of one of the owners, free tickets etc

Anyway, Hereford's number 7 was Mr Purdie who played the whole game....absolutely gash though and went missing for longer periods than he did at our place. Hereford likely to get relegated and even in the Combination North League he'll be punching above his weight.

Cannot believe we paid the bloke a wage...WTF?!

Strangely enough, I saw Rob Purdie in my local Sainsburys in Gloucester with the rest of the Hereford team on their way to Forest Green for a Thursday night game earlier this season. Why they had to stop for food for a fairly short journey I have no idea!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Strangely enough, I saw Rob Purdie in my local Sainsburys in Gloucester with the rest of the Hereford team on their way to Forest Green for a Thursday night game earlier this season. Why they had to stop for food for a fairly short journey I have no idea!

Maybe they were making sure they were prepared in case they got stuck in the Forest of Dean after dark on the way home?

The Chris O'Grady "How the :censored: Have They Managed to Get Him Scoring Goals?" Award - Adam Rooney

The Corporal Jones "Change the Record Eh" Award - oafc0000

The Bull in a Chinashop Customer is Always Right Award - Barry Owen (Barry now gets to keep this award permanently)

Best Sound - The Rochdale Road End

Best Seats - The Rochdale Road End

Best Toilets - The Rochdale Road End

Best Toilet Roll - The Rochdale Road End

Best Hand Dryers - The Rochdale Road End

Best View - The Rochdale Road End

Best Pillars - The Chaddy End

Best Pillocks - The Main Stand

Best Drugs - The Rochdale Road End

Disagree, theres some cracking Zantac flying around the main stand.