The case of the missing shin pads

Im about 99 per cent certain he would of been wearing some sort of protection. A manager wouldn't let someone he pays good money too multiply his risk of injury by about 5 times.

Surely he was? Surely?

If he was they didn't cover his full shin.

Looked like a school boy with short socks on

If he was they didn't cover his full shin.

Looked like a school boy with short socks on

FA ruling;

Law 4
Playing Equipment
Players must wear shin guards and goalkeepers must wear a distinguishing playing
strip. Shin guards must be covered entirely by the socks.
Edited by BP1960

yeah i noticed that as well.....he was firing them in during the warm-up as well and i thought he'll be decent and he was pap all afternoon. he did have shinnies on though. a lot wear the sort of pads we all had when we were about 10 as its easier to control the ball

I thought he looked like a reject from an east 17 audition.

But nowhere near as bad as the 16 upfront who was a gobby :censored:e and not a very good one who spent the whole game in wilsons pocket and only came out to have a go at grounds get Lockwood sent off and to sky a sitter from 2 yards. If your going to be a gobby :censored: atleast have something to back it up with.

Campbell Ryce on the right hand side looked like the only player who really wanted it for them and the only player I'd entertain the thought of signing.

Edited by GlossopLatic

He was more than a bit rude and condescending to our fans on twitter after we spanked them 5-1. He definitely had shin-pads on today, could clearly see their outline under his socks, they weren't very big but they were there.

Incidentally not wearing shin-pads is against the rules, I would think that it would be a booking, if he was found to not be wearing them.

He's a proper :censored: that lad.

He cried at half time. He had to be consoled by the GK coach. Abbott and Derry had be giving him grief for his performance all 1st half.

Derry had a right go; including a good old shove, when he'd gone down far too easily on the touch line. Every 2 minutes it was 'jack this' and 'jack that'.....with more expletives thrown in from Abbott obviously.

18 year old or not, having grief from away fans and your manager for 45mins should not, ever, reduce you to tears.

Note to self young Grealish: have a feckin' awful haircut, play with kids size 3 shin pads and rolled down socks, and fall around at the slightest contact, and you become a target. Get used to it, or change all the above. Oh, and dont cry on the pitch over it either.

#mansgame

#boybandwannabe