The case of the missing shin pads

He was more than a bit rude and condescending to our fans on twitter after we spanked them 5-1. He definitely had shin-pads on today, could clearly see their outline under his socks, they weren't very big but they were there.

Incidentally not wearing shin-pads is against the rules, I would think that it would be a booking, if he was found to not be wearing them.

I don't think it's a booking. The officials should check equipment prior to kick off and substitutions and not allow any player to enter the field of play without adequate equipment. If he's playing without shinpads then it's the ref/lino/fourth official who have made the mistake.

Edited by LaticsChris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think it's a booking. The officials should check equipment prior to kick off and substitutions and not allow any player to enter the field of play without adequate equipment. If he's playing without shinpads then it's the ref/lino/fourth official who have made the mistake.

Still a booking, officials should notice but it's the player's responsibility.

He got the :censored: kicked out of him today didn't he?

3 Hull players booked for fouling him.

1 of them, after fouling him; cracked him around the head as he was on the deck.

He's a target. And he's made himself one.

Can't help but feel if he cut his hair; and wore proper shin pads with socks pulled up; he'd have an easier time.

He had a smile on his face though; which is an improvement over crying on the pitch as he did as BP last season mind...

• 9 months later...

Doesn't say much about our national game if he's the cream of the crop coming through looked well out of his depth in the cup final.

I don't know why Hodgson was fielding questions as to why he wasn't playing Grealish against the Republic. Not unless he was going to say, "He's not good enough; his haircut's a joke and he needs to get some proper :censored:ing shinnies."

Top story on BBC Sport.

What's the big deal? He's 19. It's the middle of June so he's off work for a few weeks. He probably treats his body better than most other 19 year olds, or most people generally.

Why can't he go on holiday and get smashed?

^^^^This and may I add that I didn't post the article in having a dig at Grealish, I posted it as this was me and my mates back in the day on our summer jollies.

And you've never played for England or Ireland. Lesson for all youngsters there

• 3 months later...