Notts County

Chesterfield

Scunthorpe United

Rochdale

Fleetwood Town

Southend United

Burton Albion

York City

Sheffield United will definitely be favourites, Preston and Posh are likely to have the quality to be there or thereabouts and Bristol City could be close if they get their act together.

Other than that, any of the other teams could make the top 6 if they have an opportunistic streak in them.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Chesterfield have a few quid and could easily do a Rotherham and make the play offs. I can see Crawley, Gillingham and Colchester all struggling (as it stands - anything could happen in the close season)

I think it will be very close again down the bottom with the play off team + dale, scunny and Chesterfield coming up with those that finished 16 and below. Also it wouldn't surprise me if Barnsley and Yeovil dropped like a stone a la Bristol. IMO 10+ teams could be in a relegation dogfight in 11 month time.

Next season could be more of a challenge than this.

Edited by Oafc1895

Best looking table for as long as I can remember...no one to fear there. Sheff Utd could only manage a couple of draws this year and we will both be a bit stronger next year. Also a great bias of more local teams vs a couple of seasons ago. I want Peterborough or Preston to go up and fleetwood or York to come up. Got as good a chance as ever of having a more exciting season at the right end of the table next year! Optimistic already...

Chesterfield have a few quid and could easily do a Rotherham and make the play offs. I can see Crawley, Gillingham and Colchester all struggling (as it stands - anything could happen in the close season)

Both the Dale and Chesterfield fans i know say the teams that have won them promotion this time are not as good as the sides that last won them promotion.

Sheffield United might not do as well as expected, they looked a bit lightweight to me.

Seen Clough as a manger twice at BP this season. Both times it looked as if he had a well organised team and knew the oppositions weaknesses. Certainly did with Derby.

With additions, they'll be top 6.

Seen Clough as a manger twice at BP this season. Both times it looked as if he had a well organised team and knew the oppositions weaknesses. Certainly did with Derby.

With additions, they'll be top 6.

I agree - with additions.

Fleetwood/York to come up please, and I expect the winner Rotherham/Preston to go up.

There is definitely no-one to fear next season, and the teams to play look easier than ever - so knowing us we'll be in a relegation dogfight

:OASISscarf:

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

Sheffield United might not do as well as expected, they looked a bit lightweight to me.

As soon as the odds come out, I will be having a few quid on them to be Champions, Clough knows his stuff and they play the right way!

As for the rest including us, it depends on who signs! Assuming PNE will go up in the play offs

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Orient, Rotherham and Preston are a country mile above all the teams other than Sheff Utd the two or three who dont go up will be in the mix again thats for sure, all 3 have quality and if they add to that will challenge again, Doncaster will be strong Yeovil will be hard to beat and at least one or two of the promoted could go well with a good start, it may prove a stronger division than this year.

Orient, Rotherham and Preston are a country mile above all the teams other than Sheff Utd the two or three who dont go up will be in the mix again thats for sure, all 3 have quality and if they add to that will challenge again, Doncaster will be strong Yeovil will be hard to beat and at least one or two of the promoted could go well with a good start, it may prove a stronger division than this year.

1 of those first 3 will not be in the league. Orient and Yeovil do not have the finances to guarantee a challenge and 2 of the 3

teams that came down really struggled for half the season, so there is no guarantee that those relegated will be pushing top 6!

I prefer to be optimistic, otherwise I would just give up!

1 of those first 3 will not be in the league. Orient and Yeovil do not have the finances to guarantee a challenge and 2 of the 3

teams that came down really struggled for half the season, so there is no guarantee that those relegated will be pushing top 6!

I prefer to be optimistic, otherwise I would just give up!

I too am optimistic and am hoping to finish anywhere from 6th to 10th next season, just think its gonna be a competitive division especially when you factor in there will be more local fixtures. Im not trying to be negative just hope like some have said that we can get the rewards for playing well at the start of next season that we didnt this.

I shouldn't imagine it's a foregone conclusion that Sheffield United will be there or there about at the top places next season.

Whilst Clough is actually a very decent manager IMO, an awful lot can & will happen between now and Transfer Window closing.

I'd expect Harry McGuire to be sold on - at a decent price mind, but still sold. Porter is one of a fair few who are out of contract and freah deals are not a certainty.

Clough seems to have very good scouting links north of the border, and whilst he's come good with 1 young kid from the Scottish Division One in Scougall; there is no guarentee that the other young lads being linked with them will have the same impact.

He had time and space to build his Derby side. The Sheffielf United fans are muppets and will be restless if their side isnt 7,323 points clear at the top by Christmas. He wont have either time or space to build anything unless immediate results are anything but 100%.

I think it'll be another decent, strong division again, but with a pleasing Northern slant to it again which is good for away trips.

I shouldn't imagine it's a foregone conclusion that Sheffield United will be there or there about at the top places next season.

Whilst Clough is actually a very decent manager IMO, an awful lot can & will happen between now and Transfer Window closing.

I'd expect Harry McGuire to be sold on - at a decent price mind, but still sold. Porter is one of a fair few who are out of contract and freah deals are not a certainty.

Clough seems to have very good scouting links north of the border, and whilst he's come good with 1 young kid from the Scottish Division One in Scougall; there is no guarentee that the other young lads being linked with them will have the same impact.

He had time and space to build his Derby side. The Sheffielf United fans are muppets and will be restless if their side isnt 7,323 points clear at the top by Christmas. He wont have either time or space to build anything unless immediate results are anything but 100%.

I think it'll be another decent, strong division again, but with a pleasing Northern slant to it again which is good for away trips.

I would agree with this, if the players who had Sheff United bottom as late as January were that up to it, Weir probably wouldn't have gotten fired. Whilst they have the budget, I wonder about who will sign for them, especially as I can see Evans having similar restrictions to Madine.

Out of the teams in the play-offs, the one who I think will do best next season if they don't go up is Preston, Posh will be there or thereabouts as they score goals for fun, but their defensive frailties were obvious for those who stayed for our home game. However, I can't see them getting promoted automatically next season. Orient may fade as their better players get snapped up because they are available as they are out of contract, it looks quite obvious that Orient were in year 3 of a 3 year plan. As for Rotherham, if they keep Pringle I will both be surprised and impressed, he looks Championship bound at least to me, and whilst their budget is better than ours, I wonder about their sustainability. Whilst I don't think they are going to struggle next season, although one play-off team often does the next season, I don't think they will be as strong.

There is no one who is going to be in this division next season who we shouldn't fancy ourselves against. The fact that the manager essentially played 4-6-0 at Wolves means that wasn't really the case last season.

Will Grayson and Ferguson definitely keep their jobs if they don't win the playoffs?

Grayson yeah Ferguson no, does not have Daddy to send him players on loan now. Saying that although the first couple of games they have not looked a patch on there previous side from a few seasons back.

• 2 months later...

Harry McGuire gone today to Hull City for £2.5 million.