Pre season friendly away at Tadcaster Albion

Curzon Ashton was a good friendly last season, I see they won their league easily so would be a good test again.

Seems they have a couple of good lads attracting interest too;

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/curzonashtonfc/news/curzon-ashton-have-secured-the-signatures-of-two-of-their-hottest-properties-for-another-season-1209470.html

Great stuff.

Tadcaster Albion play in the Northern Counties East League (Prem), step 5 of non-league, and the ground is next to the John Smiths brewery, just off the A64. (I'm a non-league nerd).

Edited by ShireBlue

Curzon Ashton was a good friendly last season, I see they won their league easily so would be a good test again.

Seems they have a couple of good lads attracting interest too;

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/curzonashtonfc/news/curzon-ashton-have-secured-the-signatures-of-two-of-their-hottest-properties-for-another-season-1209470.html

We where suppose to have been playing Meliden FC last season think we had took one of there youth players on trial or where ment to be looking one. Good way of spotting players good to see where looking beyond just the local area also.

I presume its a reserve friendly?

Think it will be but could be a few trailist, youth team or the odd first team player depends who else we play pre season. Looking at the date proberly be one of there first friendlies.

Great stuff.

Tadcaster Albion play in the Northern Counties East League (Prem), step 5 of non-league, and the ground is next to the John Smiths brewery, just off the A64. (I'm a non-league nerd).

It's Sam Smiths' brewery isn't it?

Apologies there's 3 breweries in the town, one of which is John Smith's, Sam Smith's and a Coors one.

I'd like to think that despite what their sign says this makes Tadcaster the brewing capital of the UK over Burton, especially per capita.

Edited by rudemedic

Curzon Ashton will be another friendly again. Their twitter page said they would more than likely be unveiling their new strip at home to Oldham Athletic in pre season

Ryan Brooke scored 18 for them second top scorer good to see an ex player have a good season.

It's Sam Smiths' brewery isn't it?

Apologies there's 3 breweries in the town, one of which is John Smith's, Sam Smith's and a Coors one.

I'd like to think that despite what their sign says this makes Tadcaster the brewing capital of the UK over Burton, especially per capita.

Depends if you consider John Smiths to be beer

I've managed quite a few junior and youth teams against Taddy Albion's juniors. And a few of my ex players have gone on to play for them.

It's a ramshackle little ground by the River Wharfe at the back of the breweries

. Tadcaster itself makes Derker look sophisticated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...