Commercial questions of the new stand?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club are going 'in house' on the catering and as yet they haven't finalised pricing for the boxes as they don't have an idea of what the costs are for the 'Matchday experience'

I'm trying to push them on this and guide them on what it costs other clubs but I thinkits safe to say that their focus is being distracted by other off the field activities!

It's safe to say that there have been delays as I was asked 12 months ago whether I would be interested in having a box for the final quarter of the season if I commited to one for next year by Broady, the original plan was to try and have it open now

just a suggestion but how about Oldham college providing catering and staff . it would give the students real life hands on experience and they would work cheap . I believe they already run a restaurant at the college which has a very good reputation . it would be a great pr idea too . all catering costed and provided by the students and tutors . made in Oldham .

and how about using the present set up in the portacabin on legs o2 suite ? . that would make a great bar /supporters bar . no changes need to be made to it. you could bring in the pie and pint with match ticket £30.

that could appeal to the ordinary guy who wants a bit of warmth and a different view of things.

I think that would sell.

just a suggestion but how about Oldham college providing catering and staff . it would give the students real life hands on experience and they would work cheap . I believe they already run a restaurant at the college which has a very good reputation . it would be a great pr idea too . all catering costed and provided by the students and tutors . made in Oldham .

This needs to be a professional operation capable of catering for businesses willing to spend £thousands a day.

This needs to be a professional operation capable of catering for businesses willing to spend £thousands a day.

Absolutely, the main income stream from this stand will be the days when football isn't played and they are hopefully holding conferences for 500 people at a time.

Do it right and the repeat business comes......wrong and well.....I think you can guess

In an ideal world you would give it to a contract caterer so the club can concentrate on building up a good sized portfolio of regular accounts and providing a good experience however they tend to want 5-10 year contracts with expensive get out clauses

Sorry Grahamb It would have been good idea, however the college scrapped their catering provision about four years ago and converted the restaurant into a learning resource centre.

Edited by underdog

and how about using the present set up in the portacabin on legs o2 suite ? . that would make a great bar /supporters bar . no changes need to be made to it. you could bring in the pie and pint with match ticket £30.

that could appeal to the ordinary guy who wants a bit of warmth and a different view of things.

I think that would sell.

Apologies I really am pissing on your parade aren't I' it's not accessible for all fans. Those with mobility issues could not use the O2 suite

no problem with anyone commenting on my ideas , just putting them out there .

didn't know college had closed the restaurant .

true access issues for some in o2 suite but that's true now

just looking at options for ordinary fan when business people have boxes and conference .

we all need to look for positives and take the club forward, too many here can only see negatives and don't understand that their constant carping gets us all down .

LJ has gone because Barnsley have boxes and commercial side sorted which gives them 5th biggest budget in league one .

also 5000 more fans who turn up for matches instead of watching sky sports

by the way LJ left us in much better situation than when he arrived . some should think about that.

Sent an email to the new commerical director of the new stand: got a reply

-Stand is on target to be fully finished by start kf season (with everything inside fully fitted etc)

- stand capacity will be 2600

- aim of the stand of course, is to make money 365 days a week which after lots of consultation, they are forcasting doing.

- boxes will be available for both businesses and fans too like the corner suite we have but improved

- they have sorted partners to occupy leases for all aspects of the stand and these will be released soon

- the club are on the verge of releasing a brochure for all the commercial aspects soon

- and he confirmed there WILL be a supporters bar

Hope that answers a few questions

Edited by RoyleArmy1994

Sent an email to the new commerical director of the new stand: got a reply

-Stand is on target to be fully finished by start kf season (with everything inside fully fitted etc)

- stand capacity will be 2600

- aim of the stand of course, is to make money 365 days a week which after lots of consultation, they are forcasting doing.

- boxes will be available for both businesses but fans too like the corner suite we have

- they have sorted partners to occupy leases for all aspects of the stand and these will be released soon

- the club are on the verge of releasing a brochure for all the commercial aspects soon

- and he confirmed there WILL be a supporters bar

Hope that answers a few questions

Yes but will it be called Diego's