Melbourne Friendly match

I agree with most of this. I would class top A league teams as low Championship standard. Perth Glory (finished bottom of the league) and the like are run of the mill league 1 (please note Mr Wesolowski). I expect Melbourne Heart to be better next season, so I expect Heart to be stiff opposition. I can imagine the newspaper quotes of the game, such as "Heart attack"

Just changed their name to Melbourne City - so hope we see headlines as "Latics down City" :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like this match 'could' end up with a bit of a crowd. David Villa's just signed for them and it looks like other New York players will do the same in advance of the 2015 MLS season.

From what I read he will join in October

• 2 weeks later...

He did. They are also owned by man city and he is being loaned to melbourne

Ah, the life of a footballer

Playing in Spain

Off to the World Cup in Brazil , scoring a goal in your last appearance for your country

A couple of weeks holiday anywhere in the world that you fancy

Go to Australia to play football

A friendly at the world's best ground ISZ, before going to play football in New York

Jealous?

Only a smidge

Ah, the life of a footballer

Playing in Spain

Off to the World Cup in Brazil , scoring a goal in your last appearance for your country

A couple of weeks holiday anywhere in the world that you fancy

Go to Australia to play football

A friendly at the world's best ground ISZ, before going to play football in New York

Jealous?

Only a smidge

And getting overpaid for doing it !!!!!!!!!!

I see Melbourne City won their first friendly 7-0.

Steaua Bucharest lost their first friendly 2-1 yesterday, it says at the moment its not known if the Latics match on July 5th will be televised.

Use translate;

http://sandu7.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/primul-amical-al-verii-steaua-bucuresti.html

Edited by BP1960

2 of there fans where talking to me at the England v Costa Rica game the other day none of them had heard anything about the friendly one didnt even know Villa had signed for them. However the London based one said he may pop up for the game.

Very little on his World cup break proberly not play till there league season starts

Very little on his World cup break proberly not play till there league season starts

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/07/02/melbourne-city-locks-manchester-trip

Reading from this though Damien Duff would be a possible to play. Also, Melbourne City will need practice before playing their first match of the season (a new cup competition - the league itself doesn't start until October) so they'll probably be taking the matches seriously.