Memories wanted.

I am now working with the trust to improve communication between the trust and it's members (see thread in 'trust oldham' section. I am asking fans to contribute to a new section on the website and also the new newsletter to be published. I am asking for fans to take part in an online interview about your memories of away games, good or bad. Not just the game but the 'away day' in general. Then i want a blogger for each away day next season. Anybody interested drop me a PM please.

Right, I will probably get shot down for this, and your efforts are very much appreciated, but....

If people want to read memories, etc, they can read this board, articles in the Chron, the programme, etc.

Is this what the Trust should be focusing it's energies on? Or is this even something the Trust should be doing at all? There is a danger of the important stuff being diluted. Improving communication (or at least the changes now needed to previous communication) don't need to include this sort of throwaway stuff. The changes people have been crying out for are:

-For their questions to be answered

-To not be berated for asking the questions

-For fans to be kept updated with goings-on at the club as and when they happen

I'd say these are the priorities to sort before worrying about Fan X's trip to Scarborough in the 1970s. I can't remember anyone asking for that.

Maddog the longer version of Chris' post in the Trust section explains how the Trust is working on the areas you rightly point out as the priorities - all Chris is doing here, to his immense credit, is cracking on with getting some of the smaller/fun website elements lined up - these have in no way superceded any of the communication priorities, but they will play a valuable part of the bigger plans as the season progresses.

Thanks lookers and yes maddog, there are other bigger things happening within the trust now thanks to the imput of the fans that came along to the AGM. 1 of the things that came up was the lack of content on the website and no one goes on it because they have no reason to. We are working on numerous ideas for the website and this is just 1 of them. The idea is to bring the trust closer to the fans and be more approachable.

This isn't about looking forward or backwards dave. This is to get people engaging with the trust once again. Getting the vital link between the trust and the fans back and keeping it there. This has come from fans/members who attended the public meeting next month and is something me personally, and the trust as a whole a keen to improve on.

This isn't about looking forward or backwards dave. This is to get people engaging with the trust once again. Getting the vital link between the trust and the fans back and keeping it there. This has come from fans/members who attended the public meeting next month and is something me personally, and the trust as a whole a keen to improve on.

I agree with what you're trying to do. I just don't think this will engage the fans (at least not in the way they need to be engaged).

Things like social events / meet the manager / players, etc, engage the fans. Giving the fans clear methods of asking questions, and then answering those questions engages the fans.

I am now working with the trust to improve communication between the trust and it's members (see thread in 'trust oldham' section. I am asking fans to contribute to a new section on the website and also the new newsletter to be published. I am asking for fans to take part in an online interview about your memories of away games, good or bad. Not just the game but the 'away day' in general. Then i want a blogger for each away day next season. Anybody interested drop me a PM please.

http://dontshootfromtheregary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/why-i-want-to-go-to-field-mill.html

I agree with what you're trying to do. I just don't think this will engage the fans (at least not in the way they need to be engaged).

Things like social events / meet the manager / players, etc, engage the fans. Giving the fans clear methods of asking questions, and then answering those questions engages the fans.

All these are things that will be happening, probably as the season kicks in. All though we are not a 'supporters assosiation' it was suggested we ran some events to bring fans closer together. So that is something we will also look at.

I know you say it isn't a supporters' association, but it sure feels like it's moving in that direction. Seems that Simon (and Barry??) are more comfortable with the Trust filling that role, rather than being what it was intended to be - a voice for the fans, independent of the club and whatever 'regime' is in charge.

• 4 weeks later...

The 1st 'away day memory' has been sent across for publication and is a great read. It will be available on www.trustoldham.co.uk in the coming days.

If anyone wants to answer some questions based on their favourite away day, feel free to inbox me.